By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Article Downvotes should be removed - Yay or Nay?

 

Should down votes be removed?

YES!!! 22 27.16%
 
NO!!! 45 55.56%
 
Keep it but stop comments from being removed 14 17.28%
 
Total:81
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
zero129 said:

Why would they refund them or need to?. They can still allow people to have double up vote power. So unless someone is a sucky user who only got their supporter status to use double down votes i dont see what the problem is.

Like Ryuu said things get removed from subscription services all the time and im sure they can find another perk to replace taking away the down votes.

I guess your one of the ones who use your supporter status to down vote everything but its fine you will still have your double up vote power so now you can think about what your using them on instead of just reading someones name and clicking down vote.

Also im all for showing the names of people who up vote or down vote things being shown as it can show who is abusing the system for the sake of just having the money to do so.

Hilarious.

First i dint pay for anything.

Second i think this should have never been implemented, but now that is done i do think its shitty to take something away people pay. And thats it.

And finally attacking me will not fix your bruised ego, you getting massive downvotes have a reason to be my dude. Even if they remove the voting perks you will still get the same downvotes and low upvotes like you are getting , voting perks are to upvote as much as downvote. The problem is you not the system.

First of all i didnt attack you but your ego is now hurt not mine as that is clear with your reply trying to make it look personal. 

Like i said we have been over the whole voting thing, its not my fault if your following me around abusing your powers like you clearly just admitted to here. Otherwise how would you know how many votes i get in anything?. hmm food for thought i guess.



Around the Network

Getting mad that your downvoting powers are being removed is pretty much painting yourself as the reason it should be removed. Expecting a refund because someone took away something that shouldn't have ever existed in the first place just shows the reason why it was purchased in the first place. 

Nobody should be able to silence a user because their system preference doesn't align with your own, or because you personally don't like that user. I've been supporter since it was introduced, adblock on mobile browsers that don't support general adblocking and blocking users you don't wish to interact with is (and has always been) a great reason why supporter should exist. 

This Friday will be the first time it's ever expired but figured I'd throw my opinion in beforehand in support of removing the extra voting powers, both downvoting and upvoting. With how small the VGC community is, creating anymore devide with people not even being able to post in comment's without the risk of being downvoted for seemingly nothing is not something this site needs. 



Ride The Chariot

zero129 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Hilarious.

First i dint pay for anything.

Second i think this should have never been implemented, but now that is done i do think its shitty to take something away people pay. And thats it.

And finally attacking me will not fix your bruised ego, you getting massive downvotes have a reason to be my dude. Even if they remove the voting perks you will still get the same downvotes and low upvotes like you are getting , voting perks are to upvote as much as downvote. The problem is you not the system.

First of all i didnt attack you but your ego is now hurt not mine as that is clear with your reply trying to make it look personal. 

Like i said we have been over the whole voting thing, its not my fault if your following me around abusing your powers like you clearly just admitted to here. Otherwise how would you know how many votes i get in anything?. hmm food for thought i guess.

You the one that replied to me in the first place accusing me of downvoting you !?!? You the one that made it personal, you the one crying your comments are getting downvoted and your comments hiden, you the one that made this thread because of it. 

Following you around ? Ahah you are fucking hilarious bro, even if i voted you down its not enough to hide your comments🤣, you get way more downvotes because people just dont like your comments.

Everyone see the vote / downvote ratio , if you have a comment with -15 ratio or something everyone sees it , everyone not just me so i dont get wtf you even talking about at this point seriously.

I already said i dont care if they take this i didnt pay for anything and i said already multiple times this should not have been implemented, but carry on trying to put words on my mouth.



 

Hiku said:

I would say, it looks like people usually get downvoted for saying very disagreeable, some times stupid things.
But I've definitely seen comments getting downvoted for reasons I couldn't even understand. That is, not based on whether I agree or disagree with the comment, but couldn't even understand from the perspective of the people voting it down.

The ones that get me is seeing someone get downvoted for asking a legitimate unbiased question, what I would like to see is a like and dislike column that way  you can se the split also you should only be able to down vote after you have made a reply.



Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
zero129 said:

First of all i didnt attack you but your ego is now hurt not mine as that is clear with your reply trying to make it look personal. 

Like i said we have been over the whole voting thing, its not my fault if your following me around abusing your powers like you clearly just admitted to here. Otherwise how would you know how many votes i get in anything?. hmm food for thought i guess.

You the one that replied to me in the first place accusing me of downvoting you !?!? You the one that made it personal, you the one crying your comments are getting downvoted and your comments hiden, you the one that made this thread because of it. 

Following you around ? Ahah you are fucking hilarious bro, even if i voted you down its not enough to hide your comments🤣, you get way more downvotes because people just dont like your comments.

Everyone see the vote / downvote ratio , if you have a comment with -15 ratio or something everyone sees it , everyone not just me so i dont get wtf you even talking about at this point seriously.

I already said i dont care if they take this i didnt pay for anything and i said already multiple times this should not have been implemented, but carry on trying to put words on my mouth.

I never accused you of down voting me with my original reply to you that was in my 2nd reply, so once again i just think your admitting to something you clearly do.. Do you know how many users we have on the forums and how many look at the articles?. The system is broke when users like you can follow people around and just down vote them the minute you see their name and then have twice the voting power, add in your 2nd account that im pretty sure you have even if you say its your friends like in your other comment and well im sure you see the problem.



Around the Network

Considering that most (not all, but a good majority) are comments that are meant to troll or be "rebellious", I think it's fine to keep the downvote system in place.

Does this have any connection with the childish responses on the Uncharted movie article that was posted?



zero129 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

You the one that replied to me in the first place accusing me of downvoting you !?!? You the one that made it personal, you the one crying your comments are getting downvoted and your comments hiden, you the one that made this thread because of it. 

Following you around ? Ahah you are fucking hilarious bro, even if i voted you down its not enough to hide your comments🤣, you get way more downvotes because people just dont like your comments.

Everyone see the vote / downvote ratio , if you have a comment with -15 ratio or something everyone sees it , everyone not just me so i dont get wtf you even talking about at this point seriously.

I already said i dont care if they take this i didnt pay for anything and i said already multiple times this should not have been implemented, but carry on trying to put words on my mouth.

I never accused you of down voting me with my original reply to you that was in my 2nd reply, so once again i just think your admitting to something you clearly do.. Do you know how many users we have on the forums and how many look at the articles?. The system is broke when users like you can follow people around and just down vote them the minute you see their name and then have twice the voting power, add in your 2nd account that im pretty sure you have even if you say its your friends like in your other comment and well im sure you see the problem.

I admit, i cant live without downvoting you, i stalk you with my 10 accounts all with gold perks to hurt your feelings, i spend 700 dolars in this and my other accounts every year just to see you suffer like this, having your ego crush like this. I eat , sleep and shit thinking about it. And now i am going to pay some people to create a shit ton of downvoting bots. 



 

Tridrakious said:

Considering that most (not all, but a good majority) are comments that are meant to troll or be "rebellious", I think it's fine to keep the downvote system in place.

Does this have any connection with the childish responses on the Uncharted movie article that was posted?

I downvoted the shit out of zero comments in that article.



 

I don't know how technically doable this is, but what about limiting the number of downvotes that a given user can give each week (or whatever time period you like)? Leave everything else alone, but limit people to 5-10 downvotes per week. Then people will need to use them judiciously.



ClassicGamingWizzz said:
zero129 said:

First of all i didnt attack you but your ego is now hurt not mine as that is clear with your reply trying to make it look personal. 

Like i said we have been over the whole voting thing, its not my fault if your following me around abusing your powers like you clearly just admitted to here. Otherwise how would you know how many votes i get in anything?. hmm food for thought i guess.

You the one that replied to me in the first place accusing me of downvoting you !?!? You the one that made it personal, you the one crying your comments are getting downvoted and your comments hiden, you the one that made this thread because of it. 

Following you around ? Ahah you are fucking hilarious bro, even if i voted you down its not enough to hide your comments🤣, you get way more downvotes because people just dont like your comments.

Everyone see the vote / downvote ratio , if you have a comment with -15 ratio or something everyone sees it , everyone not just me so i dont get wtf you even talking about at this point seriously.

I already said i dont care if they take this i didnt pay for anything and i said already multiple times this should not have been implemented, but carry on trying to put words on my mouth.

You sure are mad and petty over losing voting power lol



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!