By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series Owners, how satisfied are you?

Not gonna make a poll. I just wanna hear your personal experiences. How long did you own it? Has the novelty worn off? Is it a big enough upgrade over last gen (I own a PS4 Pro and a One X).

Basically, after months of trying and failing to get one (I thought I had an inside connection) Microsoft just sent me an email pretty much saying "You haven't gotten an Xbox Series X yet? Use this secret link and buy it directly from us ." 

I didn't hesitate. Now I want to know how hyped I should be or if I should have lower expectations.

How about a scale of 1-10 with reasons why? Sound good? Okay.

Around the Network

I got mine in August. First Xbox ever. Since the nineties, I've always been a Nintendo+Playstation+Pc kind of guy. I simply hate PS5 huge console and Sony's software pricing in my region, now that every other player has regionalized prices (Argentina), so I decided that I'll wait until a slim is released and got a Series S first. But playing 4k with my PC has grown on me so I decided to hunt a Series X and I couldn't be happier about it.
Awesome console, GamePass is unrivaled and retro compatibility is amazing. I'm enjoying games with FPS boost (Assassin's Creed games) and the future seems to be very bright with so many amazing titles coming this way.
Plus, Forza Horizon 4 and 5 are a joy to play and stare.

In my book, it deserves a 10 that is kept on hold until the exclusives land.

A solid 9 for now.

Depends what you want, I had a PS4 Pro but I'm more than happy with my Series S even if GPU wise it's not much better, makes up for it in other areas.

It's tiny, it's silent, it loads everything very fast and it can play way more games at smooth 60fps.

Do I count? I was gonna buy an Xbox, but then decided instead to get a gaming laptop to play Gamepass games. And I primarily play Gamepass games on my PC rather than purchased games on Steam (Total War series being the big exception). If I count, I went from a used GTX 770 (if I recall) to what I have now, a 2080 supermax RTX. And what an improvement that has been! I find the only times I have issues are when I accidentally leave some power-draining application running (I am a software developer) or if a game decides to try to run off the intel graphics card rather than the Nvidia one.

Well I have my Series X for only two weeks and I think not much has changed in comparison with One X. Sure loading times are faster and Quick Resume is nice. I guess that's all what has significantly changed. I own Switch/PS5 and Series X though and from my point of view the PS5 feels quicker and faster, especially the UI and games and will be my go-to console for singleplayer games this gen. Like Guardians of the Galaxy right now. Especially because I love the DualSense features in every game. Xbox is my game pass and online machine. So I'll pass on Ps+ and Ps Now on the other hand, but Xbox has always been my online console and I have most of my friends there too.

Around the Network

On a scale of 1-10.... (1 being very unsatisfied and 10 being ecstatic) I'd probably say I was at a 5. Nothing too exciting.

I would give the first year a B. The console itself is excellent and feature rich out the gate making it a worthwhile purchase for me. The first 6 months started out decent, but lacked any big exclusives early on with strong Game Pass releases being the main system seller. The last 6 months have been excellent from Psychonauts 2, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, and a continued output of excellent Game Pass titles to round out the year. If I break it down, the first 6 months gets a C and the second half gets an A, so a B overall.

Hardware is an A+ easily.

Software I would say B-. But the SSD and Quick Resume alone make the upgrade worth it. And it seemed like a joke before launch, but Smart Delivery has been great.

There wasn’t much of anything special for the first four months or so in terms of new games, but the backlog was large and a lot of the MS games got SX upgrades. And lately it’s been banger after banger thanks to MS studios and GamePass.

Don't I feel foolish! The actual console won't arrive until December 27. I thought it would be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

In the meantime, I'm buying a better TV (Sony x90j) and a few accessories. I'm still excited. Might go ahead and grab a few games that aren't on Game pass that will show off the new hardware. Thanks for the replies, guys.

d21lewis said:

Don't I feel foolish! The actual console won't arrive until December 27. I thought it would be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

In the meantime, I'm buying a better TV (Sony x90j) and a few accessories. I'm still excited. Might go ahead and grab a few games that aren't on Game pass that will show off the new hardware. Thanks for the replies, guys.

The TV makes a huge difference. Today I played the same track in GT Sport on my projector, on a TCL 4K HDR tv in the basement and on a Sony 4K HDR tv. I expected it to look a lot better on TV than on the SDR projector, yet the difference between TCL and Sony is definitely worth the price difference. HDR on TCL is nice, a big step up from the low contrast of the projector, yet from TCL to Sony is a bigger step still. Especially the brake lights look so much brighter and more red on the Sony TV, as well as the low sun through the clouds.

Hope you get it on the 27th without further delays!