By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series Owners, how satisfied are you?

I mean... 10/10 simply because its the best way to play my Xbox library. Faster loading, more 60 fps experiences and quick resume was enough to justify the purchase.

We don't really have notable next gen content yet, but I'm enjoying what I already have more. 4K/60 fps Sonic Generations is all that matters.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Poll will just result in 50% of votes being from people not having an actual Xbox Series, and voting 'not satisfied', like any Xbox polls on those forums :) What is the point lol

OP: I love both my Series X and S!

I'm just stirring @d21lewis  but your response leaves me with a question, why do you think Xbox polls are unique and I'm sure that 50% figure was based on a thorough assessment of available data.

I think the reason I love this site so much is because it has users from all over the world. I've learned a lot interacting with you guys (yes, even you!). But PlayStation is a bigger brand worldwide while Xbox is still trying to break through in many places. Based on my Twitter feed, there's still a console war and one side easily outnumbers the other.

mjk45 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Poll will just result in 50% of votes being from people not having an actual Xbox Series, and voting 'not satisfied', like any Xbox polls on those forums :) What is the point lol

OP: I love both my Series X and S!

I'm just stirring @d21lewis  but your response leaves me with a question, why do you think Xbox polls are unique and I'm sure that 50% figure was based on a thorough assessment of available data.

50% is obviously a random number but unless you are hiding in a cave for the past few years, I'm "100%" sure you knew exactly what I meant and why a good majority will vote even without having a Series X/S; not going to elaborate on that :)

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 03 December 2021

d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

I think the reason I love this site so much is because it has users from all over the world. I've learned a lot interacting with you guys (yes, even you!). But PlayStation is a bigger brand worldwide while Xbox is still trying to break through in many places. Based on my Twitter feed, there's still a console war and one side easily outnumbers the other.

Console war will always be there and with a such a big market share lead; it is expected to be overwhelmed by one side more than other (it sucks, but it is what it is) :)

This will not go away soon but Xbox is really shapping up for this generation, so at least we can start having disussions here and there without having to deal with those fanboys; which is refreshing.

You can see that with polls on IGN and other website; no matter what is the topic, it generally ends up around 70%/30% and it is not hard to get from where this is coming :) But lately some polls are actually showing a bit of traction for Xbox. This shows they made the right decisions.

This generation is going to be really interresting! 

Imaginedvl said:
mjk45 said:

50% is obviously a random number but unless you are hiding in a cave for the past few years, I'm "100%" sure you knew exactly what I meant and why a good majority will vote even without having a Series X/S; not going to elaborate on that :)

The reason I bought it up is exactly that I haven't been hiding under a rock, and I have seen exactly the same response regardless of the console in question and it tends to follow the ups and downs of the various consoles, like on here during the PS4 reign the X box conversation diminished compared to the  360 days and now it  is having a upswing polls and also down votes reflect this too, so there's swings and roundabouts and pols should be taken with a pinch of salt especially here, so what I'm getting at is it can be easy to fall into a persecution complex when the truth is it happens across all sectors ,so its better to acknowledge that without needing to put a random figure on one part of it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Very satisfied. As of the holiday season, XSX is definitely more appealing overall than the PS5 to me with Halo and Forza 5. Before then things were dry with exclusives by comparison, but gamepass was an incredible value that always gave me a ton to play in between big releases like RE8 and the like. Can't wait to see what 2022 holds!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

pariz said:

I got mine in August. First Xbox ever. Since the nineties, I've always been a Nintendo+Playstation+Pc kind of guy. I simply hate PS5 huge console and Sony's software pricing in my region, now that every other player has regionalized prices (Argentina), so I decided that I'll wait until a slim is released and got a Series S first. But playing 4k with my PC has grown on me so I decided to hunt a Series X and I couldn't be happier about it.
Awesome console, GamePass is unrivaled and retro compatibility is amazing. I'm enjoying games with FPS boost (Assassin's Creed games) and the future seems to be very bright with so many amazing titles coming this way.
Plus, Forza Horizon 4 and 5 are a joy to play and stare.

In my book, it deserves a 10 that is kept on hold until the exclusives land.

A solid 9 for now.

I agree the ps5 is big, even tough it doesn't bother me as I have a big house.

Most of all the great thing this generation is both consoles are very quiet.

I still prefer xbox as a hardware, but I went PS5 just because I already have a powerful PC, way bigger than both consoles.

The major reason I prefer xbox is the elite 2 controller, I have that controller on my PC and its perfection.

But to be honest I love the adaptive triggers on ps5, it takes gaming to the next level.

Also I'm not a forza horizon fan, its just not for me, I prefer simulators like forza 7 and the GT. On the other hand I love Halo, and Ori, but I can play both Ori games also on my switch.

And to be honest I love videogames, and I would lose more if I missed on PS, series like uncharted, ghost of tsushima, last of us, spiderman, demon souls etc I even found amazing surprises such as resogun and returnal. Its just too many great games on it to miss out. If I didn't have a PC I's have bought both consoles, money is no issue for me, I can buy the 3 consoles + extra controllers + games with 1 month savings and still have plenty money left.

mjk45 said:
Imaginedvl said:

The reason I bought it up is exactly that I haven't been hiding under a rock, and I have seen exactly the same response regardless of the console in question and it tends to follow the ups and downs of the various consoles, like on here during the PS4 reign the X box conversation diminished compared to the  360 days and now it  is having a upswing polls and also down votes reflect this too, so there's swings and roundabouts and pols should be taken with a pinch of salt especially here, so what I'm getting at is it can be easy to fall into a persecution complex when the truth is it happens across all sectors ,so its better to acknowledge that without needing to put a random figure on one part of it.

I agree with you, I see it swinging up but it does not really making any impact yet.

if you have a poll saying, which console you own, or which game do you prefer (overall), then it is expected to be on the Sony side, and the data is actually valid cause the market share is just that. And this would be a good poll.

But I think you very naive to believe that you can have any polls asking "Xbox owners only please" to vote and expect it to be accurate or even close. It won't and esp. in those forums; because all the console wars people will vote for the worse result. That's a no brainer and there is no "persecution" complex; it is just reality right now. 

Another thing to consider is that the majority of Xbox enthusiast on this website, only post, read and vote in Ryu's thread cause the majority of any other Xbox related thread or news (positive ones...) will become a shit show after a while and this thread is the only place when we can actually talk freely without having to deal with fanboy hating the console they do not own for some reason. There are other websites, forums that are more balanced, VGChartz is not... At all.

That being said, yah, this may change for this generation at some point, but we are not close to be there :)  

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 03 December 2021

Imaginedvl said:
mjk45 said:

The reason I bought it up is exactly that I haven't been hiding under a rock, and I have seen exactly the same response regardless of the console in question and it tends to follow the ups and downs of the various consoles, like on here during the PS4 reign the X box conversation diminished compared to the  360 days and now it  is having a upswing polls and also down votes reflect this too, so there's swings and roundabouts and polls should be taken with a pinch of salt especially here, so what I'm getting at is it can be easy to fall into a persecution complex when the truth is it happens across all sectors ,so its better to acknowledge that without needing to put a random figure on one part of it.

I agree with you, I see it swinging up but it does not really making any impact yet.

if you have a poll saying, which console you own, or which game do you prefer (overall), then it is expected to be on the Sony side, and the data is actually valid cause the market share is just that. And this would be a good poll.

But I think you very naive to believe that you can have any polls asking "Xbox owners only please" to vote and expect it to be accurate or even close. It won't and esp. in those forums; because all the console wars people will vote for the worse result. That's a no brainer and there is no "persecution" complex; it is just reality right now. 

Another thing to consider is that the majority of Xbox enthusiast on this website, only post, read and vote in Ryu's thread cause the majority of any other Xbox related thread or news (positive ones...) will become a shit show after a while and this thread is the only place when we can actually talk freely without having to deal with fanboy hating the console they do not own for some reason. There are other websites, forums that are more balanced, VGChartz is not... At all.

That being said, yah, this may change for this generation at some point, but we are not close to be there :)  

I don't see myself being naïve, just that I take polls for what they are interesting titbits not to be taken to seriously especially on here, and getting back to the reason we are even discussing them, my original comment wasn't me advocating for a Poll but rather a continuation of years of me shit stirring  d21lewis in this case by accusing him of not having a poll because he was to stupid to make one but at the same time telling him to make one while providing him with pol questions that could only prove me right. to the last point there is bias on all sides but remember if you see through it it shouldn't affect you and doesn't matter so we including myself should be careful not to fall into the trap of overstating that bias lest it be seen as a persecution complex.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

I don't see myself being naïve, just that I take polls for what they are interesting titbits not to be taken to seriously especially on here, and getting back to the reason we are even discussing them, my original comment wasn't me advocating for a Poll but rather a continuation of years of me shit stirring  d21lewis in this case by accusing him of not having a poll because he was to stupid to make one but at the same time telling him to make one while providing him with pol questions that could only prove me right. to the last point there is bias on all sides but remember if you see through it it shouldn't affect you and doesn't matter so we including myself should be careful not to fall into the trap of overstating that bias lest it be seen as a persecution complex.

I want to be clear; I do not think it is bad or even unlogical to ask for a poll :) This would be the perfect thread for it obviously, so, even if you were poking d21lewis, I believe it was fair to ask for it! Just gave you my reasoning why I think a poll would be meaningless! 

You are right about the persecution complex or even overstating the bias and becoming the victim of it obviously, but there is a line between thinking that a poll would be meaningless (I think having a thread and people responding is better in that case) and feeling that we do not have a voice or cannot really get any valid data/information out of this forum userbase. Just that polls, are the worse for this right now and since a while on those forums :)

But more than ever (at least since the last generation started), lately we can really see a big difference (maybe because of lack of arguments, after all the Xbox One gave plenty of fuel for it), maybe for other reason, but it is swinging back :)

I like you!

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 04 December 2021