By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series Owners, how satisfied are you?

d21lewis said:

Not gonna make a poll. I just wanna hear your personal experiences. How long did you own it? Has the novelty worn off? Is it a big enough upgrade over last gen (I own a PS4 Pro and a One X).

Basically, after months of trying and failing to get one (I thought I had an inside connection) Microsoft just sent me an email pretty much saying "You haven't gotten an Xbox Series X yet? Use this secret link and buy it directly from us ." 

I didn't hesitate. Now I want to know how hyped I should be or if I should have lower expectations.

How about a scale of 1-10 with reasons why? Sound good? Okay.

Either your to lazy or to thick to make a poll which is it? if your unsure make a poll but don't forget to include a 3rd option of both.

PS. still having trouble ask Rol he seems to have mastered the black art of Poll making.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 01 December 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Depends what you want, I had a PS4 Pro but I'm more than happy with my Series S even if GPU wise it's not much better, makes up for it in other areas.

It's tiny, it's silent, it loads everything very fast and it can play way more games at smooth 60fps.

to answer your first question as long as it plays the games you want.

I feel very satisfied. I never really had an Xbox console for any extended period of time beforehand, so I like that I'm able to catch up on what I missed, and use GamePass to play many games at no extra cost.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

d21lewis said:

Not gonna make a poll. I just wanna hear your personal experiences. How long did you own it? Has the novelty worn off? Is it a big enough upgrade over last gen (I own a PS4 Pro and a One X).

Basically, after months of trying and failing to get one (I thought I had an inside connection) Microsoft just sent me an email pretty much saying "You haven't gotten an Xbox Series X yet? Use this secret link and buy it directly from us ." 

I didn't hesitate. Now I want to know how hyped I should be or if I should have lower expectations.

So you got my Link, time for me to spend your money.

Here's what I have played on the Series X (screenshot from TrueAchievements from time of release of Series X).  I haven't had a chance to complete them all, but I have noticed an uptick in the amount of gaming hours I have invested this year.  I would guess the X has consumed over a month of my life this year calculated at 24 hour days.  The reduced loading times and quick resume are now things I would refuse to part with.  The increased performance and visuals for older titles makes it feel like I'm not playing a dated game.  

It was the quick resume on the Switch that got me wanting it on the home consoles.  

I do have the 1TB expansion storage card and a 4TB green xbox external hard drive for moving my games out of the way that I don't need quick access to.

I normally don't purchase more than one extra controller at a time but I couldn't help it.

This is my setup when I'm not hooked into the theater projector.

I'm currently using the blue one with a silicone cover skin for additional comfort.  The black controller that came with the console got about 7 months of use and still works well but I could feel the extra play in the joysticks that was starting to develop and I had the B button that always seemed a bit wonky on it (felt like I had to press it harder than the other buttons).  My current one is working flawlessly.  The White, Red, and 20th anniversary one have not been used.

Here is the additional storage.  The green drive I purchased about 2 years ago to use on the One X, but I never used it.  This is it's debut.  The 1TB card was a must have for me.  I don't play 1 game and finish it, and then play another.  I usually jump around from game to game depending on who I'm playing with online or what mood I'm in.

I'm hoping that this will future proof me for the rest of the generation.  I'm sure I will remove games from storage as I fully complete them.

I normally don't invest this much on any one console except for games, but I am enjoying it quite a lot.  The exclusives are finally starting to roll out which is nice, but I also have plenty of 3rd parties to choose from and a massive backlog.  I am not hurting for games at the moment.  And going back to the "backlog", I have Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 that I haven't played yet still wrapped in plastic waiting for the Series X updated versions.  

Looking forward to my 2nd year with the device with Halo Infinite Campaign, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elden Ring, and Starfield.  To heck with the haters, I'm still going to get Diablo 2.  Dang I just looked at my shelf and there is a ton more games backlogged (no point in naming them all). Currently playing Forza Horizon 5, this game is a whole bunch of eye candy, and I'm finding myself enjoying it way more than I though I would.  I had trouble getting into Forza Horizon 4 and gave it up. I will probably revisit it though.  I've only played a couple of matches so far in Halo Infinite Multi-player (just sampled) but once I get dedicated to it, the hours will tick by.  

On the 1-10 scale, I will give my experience so far a high 8 or low 9.  A 10 wouldn't leave room for improvement and I feel my best experiences are still yet to come.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

Either your to lazy or to thick to make a poll which is it? if your unsure make a poll but don't forget to include a 3rd option of both.

PS. still having trouble ask Rol he seems to have mastered the black art of Poll making.

I didn't want to give non owners the option of anonymously saying "It's the worst console ever!" or "It's the best thing I've ever seen!". If people write their personal experiences, it paints a better picture--for me at least.

Based on some of these posts, December 27 (the day it's scheduled to arrive) can't get here fast enough!! I'm already buying games that aren't on Game Pass in anticipation

DroidKnight said:

Here's what I have played on the Series X (screenshot from TrueAchievements from time of release of Series X).  I haven't had a chance to complete them all, but I have noticed an uptick in the amount of gaming hours I have invested this year.  I would guess the X has consumed over a month of my life this year calculated at 24 hour days.  The reduced loading times and quick resume are now things I would refuse to part with.  The increased performance and visuals for older titles makes it feel like I'm not playing a dated game.  

It was the quick resume on the Switch that got me wanting it on the home consoles.  

I do have the 1TB expansion storage card and a 4TB green xbox external hard drive for moving my games out of the way that I don't need quick access to.

I normally don't purchase more than one extra controller at a time but I couldn't help it.

This is my setup when I'm not hooked into the theater projector.

I'm currently using the blue one with a silicone cover skin for additional comfort.  The black controller that came with the console got about 7 months of use and still works well but I could feel the extra play in the joysticks that was starting to develop and I had the B button that always seemed a bit wonky on it (felt like I had to press it harder than the other buttons).  My current one is working flawlessly.  The White, Red, and 20th anniversary one have not been used.

Here is the additional storage.  The green drive I purchased about 2 years ago to use on the One X, but I never used it.  This is it's debut.  The 1TB card was a must have for me.  I don't play 1 game and finish it, and then play another.  I usually jump around from game to game depending on who I'm playing with online or what mood I'm in.

I'm hoping that this will future proof me for the rest of the generation.  I'm sure I will remove games from storage as I fully complete them.

I normally don't invest this much on any one console except for games, but I am enjoying it quite a lot.  The exclusives are finally starting to roll out which is nice, but I also have plenty of 3rd parties to choose from and a massive backlog.  I am not hurting for games at the moment.  And going back to the "backlog", I have Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 that I haven't played yet still wrapped in plastic waiting for the Series X updated versions.  

Looking forward to my 2nd year with the device with Halo Infinite Campaign, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elden Ring, and Starfield.  To heck with the haters, I'm still going to get Diablo 2.  Dang I just looked at my shelf and there is a ton more games backlogged (no point in naming them all). Currently playing Forza Horizon 5, this game is a whole bunch of eye candy, and I'm finding myself enjoying it way more than I though I would.  I had trouble getting into Forza Horizon 4 and gave it up. I will probably revisit it though.  I've only played a couple of matches so far in Halo Infinite Multi-player (just sampled) but once I get dedicated to it, the hours will tick by.  

On the 1-10 scale, I will give my experience so far a high 8 or low 9.  A 10 wouldn't leave room for improvement and I feel my best experiences are still yet to come.

You're my inspiration. I wish I could do more than just give you a "like". Anyway, awesome post. I appreciate the effort.

d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

I didn't want to give non owners the option of anonymously saying "It's the worst console ever!" or "It's the best thing I've ever seen!". If people write their personal experiences, it paints a better picture--for me at least.

Based on some of these posts, December 27 (the day it's scheduled to arrive) can't get here fast enough!! I'm already buying games that aren't on Game Pass in anticipation

With no poll you have forced me to waste my time writing many words and making up lies I mean facts that tell you "its the worstest or was that bestest console ever", see this is what happens when you don't give an easily confused person the clear option of clicking on bestest or worstest in a poll.

Even though I know the real reason for having no poll is because it is beyond both of us, I will still answer your concerns by mentioning if we wanted to make a proper poll  we could do it two ways just put in the answers gooder and goodest or make the questions more expansive but get a poll expert like Rol to manipulate the results problem solved.

PS. all this great advice and will I get the love that was dished out to Droidknight I don't think so, maybe I should have added pictures of a Poll grumble grumble?, also with all the great (unasked for) advice I've given you over the years, I'm stunned that you never come to me with your problems after all I'm here to help. 

Last edited by mjk45 - on 02 December 2021

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

Poll will just result in 50% of votes being from people not having an actual Xbox Series, and voting 'not satisfied', like any Xbox polls on those forums :) What is the point lol

OP: I love both my Series X and S!

Imaginedvl said:
mjk45 said:

Poll will just result in 50% of votes being from people not having an actual Xbox Series, and voting 'not satisfied', like any Xbox polls on those forums :) What is the point lol

OP: I love both my Series X and S!

I'm just stirring @d21lewis  but your response leaves me with a question, why do you think Xbox polls are unique and I'm sure that 50% figure was based on a thorough assessment of available data.