By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza Horizon 5 Boosts Xbox Series X|S Sales - Global Hardware Nov 7 to 13

Sucks that PS5 & XSX are down compared to their predecessors. The shortages are really hurting them, and I'm sure it is hurting Nintendo as well. The PS5 was even down compared to last week. At least Switch & XSX were higher. I'd imagine that all three will be higher next week and definitely the week after though.

Around the Network

Thank you for the update! Forza Horizon 5 did a great job at boosting Xbox Series sales, even if the game is also on PC. It will most likely reach 10 million soon. Halo Infinite should help too.

Now those Switch sales are just insane.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Honestly didn't expect the PS5 to drop week over week.
Switch sales are still huge. Should continue to grow further.

trunkswd said:
Kakadu18 said:

Honestly didn't expect the PS5 to drop week over week.
Switch sales are still huge. Should continue to grow further.

There was less stock available in Europe and Japan. PS5 should see a decent boost in the next update. 

Right, forgot about Japan. It had it's weakest week there.

Around the Network

Switch sales are both great and disappointing.  They are down 89k YoY, but 529K is still an awesome amount.

XBox had a great week.  X|S is above PS5 in North America and is doing pretty well everywhere else too.  With Halo Infinite releasing right after Forza, I wouldn't be surprised if next week is good for them too.

Switch ahead of PS5 in Europe and XS ahead of PS5 in America, both bucking recent trends.
Sony almost seems to have bailed on Japan for the time being, less than 2% of their global sales from the week came from there.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2021

All Time Video Game Hardware Sales List:

1) PlayStation 2 (PS2) - 157,680,000 (155,000,000+ according to Sony) Mar. 31st, 2012

2) Nintendo DS (DS) - 154,900,000 (154,020,000 according to Nintendo) - Mar. 31st, 2021

3) Game Boy (GB/GBC) - 118,690,000

4) PlayStation 4 (PS4) - 116,653,889 (116,600,000+ according to Sony) - Sept. 30st, 2021

5) PlayStation (PS1) - 102,500,000 (102,400,000+ according to Sony) - Mar. 31st, 2012

6) Nintendo Wii (Wii) - 101,640,000 (101,630,000 according to Nintendo) - Mar. 31st, 2021

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) Nintendo Switch (NS) - 94,710,234 (92,870,000 according to Nintendo) - Sept. 30th, 2021

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switch will pass 95 million next week when Pokemon drops. And then the week after that is Black Friday and that's when its sales kick into overdrive.

PS4 is making slow but modest games, it should be close to 117 million by the end of the year. 

I see Series S is now also sold out (in nearby stores), available online only at BestBuy Canada. Series X and Switch nada, PS5 just says coming soon, not available. Slim pickings for the holidays.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch sales are both great and disappointing.  They are down 89k YoY, but 529K is still an awesome amount.

XBox had a great week.  X|S is above PS5 in North America and is doing pretty well everywhere else too.  With Halo Infinite releasing right after Forza, I wouldn't be surprised if next week is good for them too.

Switch is now also getting hit with shortages, sold out here, can't get the OLED model and the old model is not listed anymore.