By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza Horizon 5 Boosts Xbox Series X|S Sales - Global Hardware Nov 7 to 13

SvennoJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch sales are both great and disappointing.  They are down 89k YoY, but 529K is still an awesome amount.

XBox had a great week.  X|S is above PS5 in North America and is doing pretty well everywhere else too.  With Halo Infinite releasing right after Forza, I wouldn't be surprised if next week is good for them too.

Switch is now also getting hit with shortages, sold out here, can't get the OLED model and the old model is not listed anymore.

Switch (Not OLED) and Series S still readily available in the UK. To be expected in Europe I guess. PS5/XSX obviously remain continually out of stock forever.

Amazon UK has a pretty great blackfriday sale on Switch atm and it's still in stock for anyone that wants it.

Switch + Mario Kart 8 + 3 Months NSO + Just Dance 2022 for only £285 lol, or Switch + a 3rd party wired gamepad for £267. Both in stock delivered within 3 days.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
SvennoJ said:

Switch is now also getting hit with shortages, sold out here, can't get the OLED model and the old model is not listed anymore.

Switch (Not OLED) and Series S still readily available in the UK. To be expected in Europe I guess. PS5/XSX obviously remain continually out of stock forever.

Amazon UK has a pretty great blackfriday sale on Switch atm and it's still in stock for anyone that wants it.

Switch + Mario Kart 8 + 3 Months NSO + Just Dance 2022 for only £285 lol, or Switch + a 3rd party wired gamepad for £267. Both in stock delivered within 3 days.

Readily available here on Amazon.ca for CAD 689... (406 pounds excl tax). I think not.
Series S also not on Amazon but there is a fortnite bundle releasing on the 30th for CAD 380. They kept some back for BF.

It's going to be an interesting holiday, I can't ever remember there being one where all three major platforms were this supply constrained. Or has it happened before and I just have a short memory?

@curl-6 I can't remember this happening either outside of launch years for all three (and even then, we've never had all 3 launch new systems in the same year anyways, so years like 2006 and 2013 don't count).

Board game sales might improve this holiday!

Around the Network

17.66 million YTD for Switch before the holiday rush is a damn strong performance all things considered.

The Switch is now less than 8 million from passing the PS1 and less than 22 million from passing the PS4.

SvennoJ said:

I see Series S is now also sold out (in nearby stores), available online only at BestBuy Canada. Series X and Switch nada, PS5 just says coming soon, not available. Slim pickings for the holidays.

In US its available on the target, walmart, and MS websites. No Series X or Playstation 5s in stock. Will be interesting to see how things end up after black Friday and cybe rmonday.

curl-6 said:

Switch ahead of PS5 in Europe and XS ahead of PS5 in America, both bucking recent trends.
Sony almost seems to have bailed on Japan for the time being, less than 2% of their global sales from the week came from there.

Yeah the only reason to think anything other than a great result is because yet again people kept pushing switch expectations higher and higher and saying it would beat 2020.

It's a great year of sales.

Crazy that the OLED model is like nowhere to be found. 2021 could have been a 30 million year without the shortage. I doubt it will ever take on the DS/PS2 now. There is a slim chance it will but it would require them to release a pro model next year, lower the cost of the other systems and keep the Switch till 2024.

I'm glad to see Xbox doing so well tho.

Went into a kind of unpopular Walmart yesterday (in the US).  Every system was sold out.  Not even the Switch Lite is in stock.  That is how it looked at the Best Buy I was in a week or so ago.  No Switch, Playstation or XBox availlable.  Also, you can buy these systems online, but they are all well above the MSRP.

Going into Black Friday all of the hardware looks to be cleaned out.  I expect that whatever stock is put out during Black Friday will sell out fast.