By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza Horizon 5 Boosts Xbox Series X|S Sales - Global Hardware Nov 7 to 13

jason1637 said:
SvennoJ said:

It's because of all those ps5 sitting with scalpers! It's just a tiny percentage, but I do know of one person sitting on 5 ps5s waiting for the holiday desperation to set in. The dad of one of my kid's friends is apparently a scalper. He won't let his kid play on it, keeps them for selling on. It does apparently happen.

Into the holidays with 0 consoles available on the shelves. No Switch, No XBox, No PS5. Oh wait, Series S Fortnite bundle is back, available in stores here, choice of 1.

The Switch gets more stock than the PS5 and Series X. It’s not that hard to find. Yeah you can’t find one instantly like the Series S but quite a few stores have em in stock. The GameStop and Walmart I visited the other day had The Lite and Standard Switch on stock and it was available online at Walmart just a few days ago. 

Man, I have not seen any Switch model in stock in about a month.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Shortages always sucks but I think because of the shortages Nintendo will have a bigger 2022 than it would have otherwise, maybe even flat compared to 2021. For PS5 and Xbox Series X I'm not sure as I think those chips will still be harder to get (and harder than Nintendo's) for at least the first have of the year.

Intel predicts the shortages will last into 2023 :(
https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/21/22739192/intel-chip-shortage-q3-2021-earning-laptop-revenue

It should get better during the year next year. But I doubt the shops will be fully stocked for BF 2022.