By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

S.Peelman said:
Zippy6 said:

Hints:

#50 - 69% chance to hit target! What could go wrong? Permanent death probably. This is the second time.

#49 - Very fast with lots of pixels! A highly definitive racer that defies physics.

#48 - In an alternate reality this game is about a red panda putting his rightful belongings into a safe.

#47 - What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.

#46 - 3rd times the charm, or is it the 4th? Either way there's baddies in this city to punch and this time I brought my car. Many people wish I didn't but I did!

I see the others have been guessed, but;

50: Fire Emblem.. and then the second one.. checking.. Gaiden?

48: Sly Cooper, the opposite of a red panda that puts stuff back in safes is a thieving blue raccoon.

48 is correct! Fire Emblem is the wrong series, but the game is similar in some mechanics if not theme.

Around the Network

New hints for #50 and #47, which aren't yet guessed, and the guessed #49 (Soccer NES), #48 (Duck Hunt) and #46 (Child of Light) are removed for hints for game just #45, keeping it a maximum of 5 days ahead.

#50: This game was rushed to release, which sadly caused much planned content to be cut or left unfinished, especially near the end-game. Fans however, made many mods, which restored much of this content.

Hint 2: The game was developed by another company then the developer of the first game, though at the recommendation of that initial developer. The publisher however, good in every other aspect I might add, who had the sole rights to this franchise until Disney bought the entire empire, really wanted this second game out by Christmas.

#47: It looks like you stranded on a lovely island, if it weren't for that bird.

Hint 2: The centrepiece of this island is a large tower with what looks like a big keyhole.

#45: After the end of the second game, this third game starts when the space station of the antagonist crashes, freeing an evil mask with a name that's the exact opposite of the name of your close one-extra-hit protector friend.

Zippy6 said:
S.Peelman said:

48: Sly Cooper, the opposite of a red panda that puts stuff back in safes is a thieving blue raccoon.

48 is correct! Fire Emblem is the wrong series, but the game is similar in some mechanics if not theme.

Final Fantasy Tactics?

Zippy6 said:
S.Peelman said:

Oh well, that clue for #48 was something else as I can see now that it is solved. Very well done and great guess by S.Peelman.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

My #50 involves both Ninjas and Dinosaurs.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

New hints for #50 and #47, which aren't yet guessed, and the guessed #49 (Soccer NES), #48 (Duck Hunt) and #46 (Child of Light) are removed for hints for game just #45, keeping it a maximum of 5 days ahead.

#50: This game was rushed to release, which sadly caused much planned content to be cut or left unfinished, especially near the end-game. Fans however, made many mods, which restored much of this content.

Hint 2: The game was developed by another company then the developer of the first game, though at the recommendation of that initial developer. The publisher however, good in every other aspect I might add, who had the sole rights to this franchise until Disney bought the entire empire, really wanted this second game out by Christmas.

#47: It looks like you stranded on a lovely island, if it weren't for that bird.

Hint 2: The centrepiece of this island is a large tower with what looks like a big keyhole.

#45: After the end of the second game, this third game starts when the space station of the antagonist crashes, freeing an evil mask with a name that's the exact opposite of the name of your close one-extra-hit protector friend.

45) Crash Warped?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Since I'll be quite busy until at least mid december I'll do a lot of hints at a time. Also won't be on here to reply super often.

50) Like the titular character, this series was believed to be extinct until...

49) Silver in sales

48) Indiana Jones wouldn't be fond of this remake

47) Or this entry in the same franchise

46) One of the games that you die most often in. As in really really often.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I haven't finished my list yet for this year, but I don't think much will change. Nothing I played this year really stood out, except for Super Mario Maker. That might make an appearance near the bottom of my list.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

UnderwaterFunktown said:
S.Peelman said:

45) Crash Warped?

Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped is correct! Aku Aku and Uka Uka.

Unguessed

Returning after being featured in 2016 is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. This is a great RPG that built upon it predecessor, yet still stands in its shadow. The game features a darker storyline, with deep moral themes, mostly conveyed through the extremely well written, and voice acted, Kreia. The choices you make in this game have a huge effect on the relationships with your party members and the game's antagonists. Even though there's technically only a simple 'good' and 'bad' ending, each ending will feel very different due to this.

The game sadly was in an unfinished state when it released, and the rush to release left a lot of content cut or half as fleshed as it should have been. This is especially apparent in the end-game, when even the enemies that have cool names like 'Sith Assassin' wear regular Joe clothes. Luckily, a lot of the raw material for this cut content was left in the game files; models for characters and locations, sound files and even scripts. Fans took it upon themselves to restore that which could be restored to complete the game. Having this mod, the Restored Content Mod, is basically essential when you play this game if you want to enjoy it to the fullest. The extra story about the HK droids and the trip to the Droid factory is great to play.