By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Machina said:

OK, some more clues:

#50 - Brothers on a small screen make for a sales juggernaut.

#46 - This 1980s classic was recently remastered/remade, although not to much fanfare. The remake was official but developed basically by a team of fan developers who named their company after a core part of the game.

#45 - The name of this game suggests there aren't many people left alive, although you certainly encounter a lot of them.

50: Has to be a Mario game, but on a small screen, so a handheld. Mario Land doesn’t have the word Bros in it, and the biggest sales juggernaut among them is New Super Mario Bros on DS, so NSMB?

46: I feel like I can know this, let me think some more, unless someone else knows it instead.

45: The Last of Us.

Around the Network
Machina said:

#46 - This 1980s classic was recently remastered/remade, although not to much fanfare. The remake was official but developed basically by a team of fan developers who named their company after a core part of the game.

A lot was remade recently, so this is a bit difficult. Maybe The Bard's Tale?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hints:

#50 - 69% chance to hit target! What could go wrong? Permanent death probably. This is the second time.

#49 - Very fast with lots of pixels! A highly definitive racer that defies physics.

#48 - In an alternate reality this game is about a red panda putting his rightful belongings into a safe.

#47 - What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.

#46 - 3rd times the charm, or is it the 4th? Either way there's baddies in this city to punch and this time I brought my car. Many people wish I didn't but I did!

Machina said:
Mnementh said:

Nope.

--

I'll add slightly to the #46 clue - it was a Sega Master System title.

Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap? (remade by Lizardcube)

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Machina said:
Zippy6 said:

Hints:

#50 - 69% chance to hit target! What could go wrong? Permanent death probably. This is the second time.

#49 - Very fast with lots of pixels! A highly definitive racer that defies physics.

#48 - In an alternate reality this game is about a red panda putting his rightful belongings into a safe.

#47 - What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.

#46 - 3rd times the charm, or is it the 4th? Either way there's baddies in this city to punch and this time I brought my car. Many people wish I didn't but I did!

49 - F-Zero?

47 - Mass Effect 1, 2, 3, or Andromeda? xD

46 - Batman: Arkham Knight?

Correct on 46!, 49 is in the right ballpark. 47 is probably tricky for those that haven't played, the hint contains one of the words in the title of the game.

Around the Network
Machina said:
S.Peelman said:

50: Has to be a Mario game, but on a small screen, so a handheld. Mario Land doesn’t have the word Bros in it, and the biggest sales juggernaut among them is New Super Mario Bros on DS, so NSMB?

46: I feel like I can know this, let me think some more, unless someone else knows it instead.

45: The Last of Us.

50 & 45 - correct!

Mnementh said:

Nope.

--

I'll add slightly to the #46 clue - it was a Sega Master System title.

Alex Kid in Miracle World

Zippy6 said:
Machina said:

49 - F-Zero?

47 - Mass Effect 1, 2, 3, or Andromeda? xD

46 - Batman: Arkham Knight?

Correct on 46!, 49 is in the right ballpark. 47 is probably tricky for those that haven't played, the hint contains one of the words in the title of the game.

#47 may be The Outer Worlds then.

PAOerfulone said:

Some hints as to my #50

Hint 1: It will make your hands cramp.
Hint 2: The villain is immensely hilarious!
Hint 3: Probably won't be getting a sequel for another 16 years.

Kid Icarus Uprising?

Edit: Someone beat me to it. Boo. Booooo, I say!

Mnementh said:
Zippy6 said:

#47 may be The Outer Worlds then.

Correct, just 50-48 left.

Zippy6 said:

Hints:

I see the others have been guessed, but;

50: Fire Emblem.. and then the second one.. checking.. Gaiden?

48: Sly Cooper, the opposite of a red panda that puts stuff back in safes is a thieving blue raccoon.