By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Machina said:
Mnementh said:

More hints:

#40: Eat PCB (printed curcuit board). You play an orange blob in this old puzzle game. Despite being an clone of the gameplay of Boulder Dash, I like this one more than the original. Collect all Infotrons and find the exits without dying. Zonks roll off of RAM-chips, but lay stable on hardware.

#39: The "first part of the name of the game" Project is an independent global scientific organization, formerly a secret branch of the United Nations, dedicated to studying threats to humankind. It was founded in 1945, but was preceded by a number of other organizations, such as the Committee for the Study and Prevention of Species-Level Threats (Soviet Union, 1918-1927) and the "first part of the name of the game" Working Group (United States, 1935-1945). As the world is in peril by the mutating Pandoravirus, this organization rises from the ashes to protect the remaining survivors. This turn-based tactics is the spiritual successor of a 90s game, both created by the same guy. Synedrion is technologically advanced and governed by a council.

#38: Turn-based or real-time? I can't decide in this fourth entry in the series. Fight in a war on a fictive continent which looks a lot like europe. Guessed by Zippy6.

#37: Red haired guy meets blue haired girl in his dreams. Guessed by Kakadu18.

#36: There are secrets behind the destruction of a mediterranean city the year before.

Is 39 XCOM?

No, but you are incredibly close. I wrote that my game is a spiritual successor of that 90s game, not the one actually remaking it with the same name. Also my game involves the creator of the original game. So maybe give it another try. But you are indeed close to the solution.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Machina said:

Is 39 XCOM?

No, but you are incredibly close. I wrote that my game is a spiritual successor of that 90s game, not the one actually remaking it with the same name. Also my game involves the creator of the original game. So maybe give it another try. But you are indeed close to the solution.

Phoenix Point

Kakadu18 said:
Mnementh said:

Phoenix Point

Yes. I feel like Machina was thinking in the right direction for the most part, so I think I give it to you both.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Darashiva said:
GoOnKid said:

45 - Blue Bomber can now slow down and speed up time.

42 - It's a Sakaguchi game that is not Final Fantasy, even though the title is very familiar.

45: Mega Man 11

42: The Last Story

Yes, both correct!

Runa216 said:
GoOnKid said:

42 - Mega Man Zero

41 - Resident Evil 4

42 - Nope! 

41 - Yep!

42 - Mega Man X4 it is, then.

Hint 1: Add an F to the first letter of both words composing the name of the game and you get the organization the main charcater works for. It's an N64 game
Hint 2: This game was often compared to another very well received game that released in the same period of time, therefore this game had mixed reviews.
Hint 3: This game and the game it was often compared to are both based on movies

Hint 1: I played this game in french and I realized that the name of a non-playable charcater (NPC) was changed in the french version compared to the english version. Strangely enough, both names sound very french. it's the last installment of the franchise
Hint 2: This NPC also stars in Smash Ultimate
Hint 3: This NPC and Doomguy became best friends even though they never starred in the same game until they kind of did really recently.

Around the Network
Supermario28 said:
Hint 1: Add an F to the first letter of both words composing the name of the game and you get the organization the main charcater works for. It's an N64 game
Hint 2: This game was often compared to another very well received game that released in the same period of time, therefore this game had mixed reviews.
Hint 3: This game and the game it was often compared to are both based on movies

Hint 1: I played this game in french and I realized that the name of a non-playable charcater (NPC) was changed in the french version compared to the english version. Strangely enough, both names sound very french. it's the last installment of the franchise
Hint 2: This NPC also stars in Smash Ultimate
Hint 3: This NPC and Doomguy became best friends even though they never starred in the same game until they kind of did really recently.

#48: The last hint is a giveaway, it is Animal Crossing: New Horizons

mZuzek said:
GoOnKid said:

41 - Camping, Curry, cuddling, collecting, competitions... and hooligans.

I'm gonna recycle this hint.

#39 - Camping, curry, thieving, driving, coffee... and jails.

For some reason I think Donut County, although I am not sure about all of these things.

Mnementh said:

#36: There are secrets behind the destruction of a mediterranean city the year before.

Resident Evil Revelations

GoOnKid said:

47 - The chronological beginning of a long lasting series about a family feud against the count of darkness.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence?

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Correct. And I avoided talking about ships or lamps.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 22 November 2021

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Correct. And I avoided talking about ships or lamps.

Next year I think I'm going to hint about something someone has on their utility belt or something just to be cryptic enough lol.