By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Hint: What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.
Supplementary Hint: The hint contains one of the words in the title of the game.
Guessed by: Mnementh

It doesn't live up to the Fallout games in my opinion, it's a much smaller and more contained game. However it is still a very enjoyable RPG, and these are the types of games I like most.

Around the Network

Last chance for #47:

#47: Turn based battles with knights, mages, thieves, elves or merfolk. The game is in continuous development since 2005 and by now has 17 official campaigns (and lots of usermade ones). Fight as the Heir to the Throne, in a Tale of two Brothers or find The Hammer of Thursagan. This open source game can be downloaded without any cost. This hexfield strategy game isn't based on D&D, but creates it's own magical fantasy world.

#46: A Nintendo console also getting this iconic game - but it is a complete new game. The name of this game from the 90s includes a part of the name of the console. Shoot monsters from Hell. I messed up the hint a little and was kinda misleading, but Kakadu18 found it out anyways.

#45: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars. Darashiva used the chance for the easy score.

#44: Sally tries to find Emily in this Nightmare. The arcade level actually has a machine with a previous title from the same developer.

#43: This game all about collecting, crafting and building actually is a spin-off in one of the oldest RPG franchises. Guessed by Zippy6.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 November 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Last chance for #47:

#47: Turn based battles with knights, mages, thieves, elves or merfolk. The game is in continuous development since 2005 and by now has 17 official campaigns (and lots of usermade ones). Fight as the Heir to the Throne, in a Tale of two Brothers or find The Hammer of Thursagan. This open source game can be downloaded without any cost. This hexfield strategy game isn't based on D&D, but creates it's own magical fantasy world.

#46: A Nintendo console also getting this iconic game - but it is a complete new game. The name of this game from the 90s includes a part of the name of the console. Shoot monsters from Hell. I messed up the hint a little and was kinda misleading, but Kakadu18 found it out anyways.

#45: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars. Darashiva used the chance for the easy score.

#44: Sally tries to find Emily in this Nightmare. The arcade level actually has a machine with a previous title from the same developer.

#43: This game all about collecting, crafting and building actually is a spin-off in one of the oldest RPG franchises.

43 - Dragon Quest Builders. Which I need to get around to playing.

Zippy6 said:
Mnementh said:

Last chance for #47:

#43: This game all about collecting, crafting and building actually is a spin-off in one of the oldest RPG franchises.

43 - Dragon Quest Builders. Which I need to get around to playing.

Absolutely correct. And yeah, you should get around playing, but actually try out the second game. Which will come in my list - at a higher place.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

#44 - Hint: This game is a quest to a place named like a geometric dragon. 

Around the Network

Still no guesses for this one, so here's a third hint.
#43:
-There are around 40 playable characters in the game, but in addition you can recruit around 60 other characters to your cause.
-Blight

I'm curious to see which series and developers are the most represented in people's lists this year. For me the three with the most are Squaresoft/Square Enix, FromSoftware and Nihon Falcom, which has risen quite quickly up that particular list over the last few years.

Darashiva said:

#43:
-There are around 40 playable characters in the game, but in addition you can recruit around 60 other characters to your cause.
-Blight

I'm curious to see which series and developers are the most represented in people's lists this year. For me the three with the most are Squaresoft/Square Enix, FromSoftware and Nihon Falcom, which has risen quite quickly up that particular list over the last few years.

I feel like I have a 1 in 5 chance on this one.  I'll guess Suikoden 1.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Darashiva said:

#43:
-Blight

I think Blight is Suikoden 2? Could be wrong, Never actually played the games. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Darashiva said:

#43:
-Blight

Runa216 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I think Blight is Suikoden 2? Could be wrong, Never actually played the games. 

Yes, it's indeed Suikoden 2. The main villain in the game is Luca Blight.

S.Peelman said:

46: Final Fantasy VI.

Nope, and FF series titles are actually vastly different from each other to a point that nobody knows how exactly the next installment will look alike when it comes to gameplay