By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Farsala said:

#45 This PC game features gameplay including time travel, nukes, super weather machines, mind control and various other weapons of war.
It was a sequel to a highly successful RTS game. The amazing main theme to the soundtrack also got a sequel.

Maybe Red Alert 2, but I'm not familiar enough to be sure.

Around the Network

Next batch of hints:

#48: Real 3D has six degrees of freedom. Autonomous robots are useful - until they rebel. Guessed by Machina

#47: Turn based battles with knights, mages, thieves, elves or merfolk. The game is in continuous development since 2005 and by now has 17 official campaigns (and lots of usermade ones). Fight as the Heir to the Throne, in a Tale of two Brothers or find The Hammer of Thursagan.

#46: A Nintendo console also getting this iconic game - but it is a complete new game. The name of this game from the 90s includes a part of the name of the console. Shoot monsters from Hell.

#45: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Next batch of hints:

#45: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars.

45: Lol, do want me to say it, or do you want to see if someone else paid attention? XD

S.Peelman said:
Farsala said:

#45 This PC game features gameplay including time travel, nukes, super weather machines, mind control and various other weapons of war.
It was a sequel to a highly successful RTS game. The amazing main theme to the soundtrack also got a sequel.

That's right! Nice guess.

Farsala said:
S.Peelman said:

That's right! Nice guess.

Cool, my vague and ancient memories were good enough after all.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Next batch of hints:

45: Lol, do want me to say it, or do you want to see if someone else paid attention? XD

As you want. I just thought it was kinda fun that we both have it nearly at the same spot. I swear most hints for games will be far more difficult, but we are still early I figured a few easy ones are fine.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:

Next batch of hints:

#48: Real 3D has six degrees of freedom. Autonomous robots are useful - until they rebel. Guessed by Machina

#47: Turn based battles with knights, mages, thieves, elves or merfolk. The game is in continuous development since 2005 and by now has 17 official campaigns (and lots of usermade ones). Fight as the Heir to the Throne, in a Tale of two Brothers or find The Hammer of Thursagan.

#46: A Nintendo console also getting this iconic game - but it is a complete new game. The name of this game from the 90s includes a part of the name of the console. Shoot monsters from Hell.

#46 Doom 64

I didn't think of it at first because the original released on the SNES, so Doom wasn't really new to Nintendo consoles.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 14 November 2021

Kakadu18 said:
Mnementh said:

Next batch of hints:

#46 Doom 64

I didn't think of it at first becausebthe original released on the SNES, so Doom wasn't really new to Nintendo consoles.

Yeah, you're right, my hint was a bit misleading as this. But you got it anyways, Doom 64 is correct.

Nobody taking guesses huh. Well added some extra hints and a few more games

50) Like the titular characters, this series was believed to be extinct until...

49) Silver in sales of all time

48) Indiana Jones wouldn't be fond of this remake mainly because of the title

47) Or this entry in the same franchise ^

46) One of the games that you die most often in. As in really really often and the game likes to remind you of this after you win

45) It's starting to seem like this PS4 exclusive might have been the start of something larger. Not surprising considering its sales

44) The 4 playable characters from the first game become NPCs in this second entry

43) This game likes reversing things. Names, structures...

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Kakadu18 said:

#46 Doom 64

I didn't think of it at first because the original released on the SNES, so Doom wasn't really new to Nintendo consoles.

Of course. Here I was thinking, Super Doom? Nah there's no Super Doom.