By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Sales on the Rise - Global Hardware Oct 24 to 30

PS5 and Xbox sales continue to impress in their first full year.

Switch is of course selling strong, but YoY is now down by about 1.5m and it needs to pick up the pace, my 26.5m prediction is starting to look too high.

The insane destiny boost PS4 got has ended and PS5 was slightly up on PS4 this week (PS4 281k week ending nov 1st 2014), has some catching up to do to retake the launch aligned crown and hopefully enough holiday stock.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 08 November 2021

Around the Network

With a new model, Mario party and Metroid, October 2021 is only up by around 50k-100k compared to October 2020.

Interesting numbers for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if their numbers for FY2021 ended being lower than their forecast of 24m. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 08 November 2021

Series S/X up 10k week over week in Europe while PS5 remains flat there just seems a little off.

XS sold nearly as much in Europe as NA, unusual for the traditionally US-centric brand.

guys forza spots are on telly and the interwebs is it that impossible it got a hardware boost the week before?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Series S/X up 10k week over week in Europe while PS5 remains flat there just seems a little off.

The PS5 stock in October has been catastrophic in a lot of European countries so not that surprising.

Last edited by Kjartan - on 09 November 2021

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

kazuyamishima said:

With a new model, Mario party and Metroid, October 2021 is only up by around 50k-100k compared to October 2020.

Interesting numbers for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if their numbers for FY2021 ended being lower than their forecast of 24m. 

Yeah but this is the biggest October in VGChartz history, so its still impressive.

mk7sx said:

Here was my US Oct 2021 guess last week after week 1.

mk7sx said:

On IB Benji says OLED is already highly supply constrained in the US.  Oct NPD numbers will be something. 

Quick guess:

Week 1 293K (225K OLED / 70K Other) < Using VGC's USA figure

Week 2 120K (60K OLED / 60K Other)

Week 3 120K (70K OLED / 70K Other)

Week 4 200K (120K OLED / 80K Other) < Fresh shipment at the end of the month along with Mario Party

700-750K, maybe higher.  Think it'll be fairly competitive with Oct 2020.

Actuals so far:

Week 1 293K

Week 2 138K

If VGC numbers hold up, the Switch NPD OCT 2021 has a solid shot at topping NPD OCT 2020.  Only needs about 300K in the next two weeks - all dependent on supply.

Actuals so far w/adjustments

Week 1 293K

Week 2 128K

Week 3 147K

Week 4 143K

Total 712,800.  Incredibly close to last October, most likely record in terms of revenue/spend and if there's upside to this estimate, we could be ahead of Oct 2020.

NSW 2020 was 736K.

Good XS, very good PS5, excellent NS, that after OLED launch week is going a little up and down, but around a high average, hiccups are understandable with high demand while still in a period of components shortages and logistics problems due to the pandemic.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lack of OLED model supply holds Switch massivly back. Unfortunately it is mostly out of stock worldwide, I guess and there wasn't a restock for the Mario Party release... Compared to Sony and MS, Nintendo seems to suffer quite hard because of chip shortages now.

siebensus4 said:

Compared to Sony and MS, Nintendo seems to suffer quite hard because of chip shortages now.

????

There are a lot more "chips" in a PSx or XBOXx (and some of them are considerably bigger), so your conclusion is somewhat strange.