By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Sales on the Rise - Global Hardware Oct 24 to 30

DonFerrari said:

I'm anxious to see what will be the sales curve once the shortages end.

Xbox has no shortages

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm anxious to see what will be the sales curve once the shortages end.

Xbox has no shortages

Good luck finding a Series X. 

InkIt said:
kirby007 said:

Xbox has no shortages

no shortages here, my retailer has everything

source : me and my untrustworthy links

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

trunkswd said:

Share the article here.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Sales Comparison Charts Through October 30

Here we see data representing the global sales through to consumers and change in sales performance of the three current platforms (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) and three legacy platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo 3DS) over comparable periods for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Also shown is the market share for each of the consoles over the same periods.

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2018 – (Week ending January 13 to November 3)

2019 – (Week ending January 12 to November 2)

2020 – (Week ending January 11 to October 31)

2021 – (Week ending January 9 to October 30)

"Year to date" sales for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2021 versus 2020 and 2021 versus 2019 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Down Year-on-Year 1,712,665 (-70.4%)
  • Xbox Series X|S – n/a

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Down Year-on-Year 1,505,411 (-8.3%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 367,023 (-91.9%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 5,213,476 (-72.7%)
  • PlayStation 5 – n/a

I've predicted 7.5 million for the Series this year, if the shortage continues, even with weeks at 200k my prediction will be spot on

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:

I've predicted 7.5 million for the Series this year, if the shortage continues, even with weeks at 200k my prediction will be spot on

I wouldn't be surprised if black friday and December weeks are lacking due to stock issues but I would be very surprised if they were so lacking to barely cause any increase since they're surely stockpiling some units for the last couple months of the year. If the shortages do end up being that bad though it'll be really sad to see.

Around the Network

Spain Week 43

UK OCT 2021

mk7sx said:

Spain Week 43

UK OCT 2021

Awesome Metroid Dread performance in Spain.

mk7sx said:

Spain Week 43

UK OCT 2021

Thank you for posting those links. I've adjusted our numbers to match. Nothing major. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Kakadu18 said:
mk7sx said:

Spain Week 43

UK OCT 2021

Awesome Metroid Dread performance in Spain.

Sucks that we have to wait til early February to get numbers for Dread, I'm itching to know how well it has sold. I really think it will be to Metroid what Awakening was to Fire Emblem and elevate the sales ceiling for the franchise.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

kirby007 said:
InkIt said:

no shortages here, my retailer has everything

source : me and my untrustworthy links

Sorry, need at least a twitter imbed or I don't believe you.