By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (To September 30th 2021) Switch 92.87m

tak13 said:

Mario kart 8 DX is going to be the best selling game ever (standalone and not heavily bundled), previously was Super Mario Bros (40,24.m).

Do you mean Nintendo game ever, or do you think it will beat Minecraft and GTA5?

Or are those two considered heavily bundled?

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Apparently there are 32 million online suscribers

And most of the users are 20-40

And those numbers are almost entirely pre-expansion ones. If they all did the cheapest one of $20 a year (I'm sure some of them are spending more than that doing monthly or whatever), then that's $640 million revenue a year in NSO basic alone.

Next quarter should be even more interesting to see the growth rate it has with the expansion. Hopefully they fix the emulator and add some more games we don't know about yet by then (in addition to the ones we do know are coming).

Some interesting reinvestment numbers from the investor meeting that Daniel Ahmad tweeted about. Not that I know how significant these numbers are.

"This strategy will be underpinned by increased investment in key areas

- Up to $900m in game software investment.

- Up to $450m in IP expansion such as movies

- Up to $2.7 billion in infrastructure to reach consumers, such as My Nintendo, Nintendo Online / eShop, retail stores"

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1456541295485329418?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456541299763462144%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fnintendo%2Fcomments%2Fqn4pnm%2Fnintendo_will_invest_up_to_1b_in_game_development%2F

Ring Fit is fun but I didn't know it's 12mil fun (and growing).

Apkopf said:

- Up to $2.7 billion in infrastructure to reach consumers, such as My Nintendo, Nintendo Online / eShop, retail stores"

Nice!

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Apkopf said:

Nice!

If there's one thing I absolutely want from the next Nintendo console, it's a competent, user-friendly, modern online interface. Let's hope this is what this amount is being invested on because it's seriously dumbfounding that I can't message people on my friend's list with my Switch.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nice!

If there's one thing I absolutely want from the next Nintendo console, it's a competent, user-friendly, modern online interface. Let's hope this is what this amount is being invested on because it's seriously dumbfounding that I can't message people on my friend's list with my Switch.

Yes! It only takes a $2.7 billion dollar investment to finally get messaging, they had it on the Wii in 2006 but they lost it somewhere.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Skyward Sword HD numbers show how badly the original was hurt by releasing when the Wii was all but abandoned on its deathbed.

Ring Fit headed for potentially over 20 million lifetime which is crazy for a new IP.

Splatoon 2 sales now more than 2.5 times Splatoon 1 sales, very healthy growth for a young franchise.

What hurt Skyward Sword the most was that it just isn't a top tier Zelda game. What Skyward Sword HD numbers show is how big of a deal Breath of the Wild is, just like we've already seen it with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

But the thing is, Skyward Sword HD is still Skyward Sword, so its legs will be about as good (read: bad) as Age of Calamity's.

It also required an extra peripheral on the Wii, for whatever that's worth. On the Switch, it does not.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-on-creating-a-sixth-year-of-growth-for-switch-oled-doing-well-all-time-high-for-third-party-games/

- Number of third party games at an all time high for Nintendo's 38 years in the console business

- Momotaro has sold over 3 million

- BOTW 2 reaffirmed for 2022

Apkopf said:

Good, hope eshop gets better