By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Sales Remain Ahead of Predecessors - Global Hardware Oct 10 to 16

I'm guessing Switch OLED inventory is still an issue. Sold out here.

Around the Network

Wow, below 400k!

I hope Nintendo secured chunks of units enough for the holiday period, but with this semiconductors shortages I don't know

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Seems like the drop on Switch numbers were smaller than expected. And good to see the PS5 and Series outdoing their predecessors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Here was my US Oct 2021 guess last week after week 1.

mk7sx said:

On IB Benji says OLED is already highly supply constrained in the US.  Oct NPD numbers will be something. 

Quick guess:

Week 1 293K (225K OLED / 70K Other) < Using VGC's USA figure

Week 2 120K (60K OLED / 60K Other)

Week 3 120K (70K OLED / 70K Other)

Week 4 200K (120K OLED / 80K Other) < Fresh shipment at the end of the month along with Mario Party

700-750K, maybe higher.  Think it'll be fairly competitive with Oct 2020.

Actuals so far:

Week 1 293K

Week 2 138K

If VGC numbers hold up, the Switch NPD OCT 2021 has a solid shot at topping NPD OCT 2020.  Only needs about 300K in the next two weeks - all dependent on supply.

Around the Network

Predictable drop for Switch if you asked me, though I think I said 450 in the other thread, because of the chip shortages but also because of the shortage that usually happens immediately after a popular product launch. Switch weekly sales should rise again when supply comes, maybe even as soon as next week. Still, wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be a undertracked a bit.

Series X|S continues to sell great. Will be interesting to see the push Forza and Halo will have for the holidays and beyond.

Could've been worse honestly, with supply how it is. In addition to just getting units on shelves, they also have to start building up a stockpile for the holiday season.

There also just may not have been as big of an audience for the switch OLED. Maybe the early adopters were most of the wave that was gonna buy that system at least immediately. Itll sell but I dunno if it'll be some huge permanent boost

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

There also just may not have been as big of an audience for the switch OLED. Maybe the early adopters were most of the wave that was gonna buy that system at least immediately. Itll sell but I dunno if it'll be some huge permanent boost

No, stock is a huge issue, that's not debatable.

As for huge permanent boost, I don't think anyone is expecting that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.