By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted movie.

Horrible casting.

No hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

So far negative response. Sony has to do something about it.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

So far, the negative response here comes from the same place as usual.

"Oh no, it's not that bad..."

Was expecting much much more. Maybe my expectations were too high, at least for the trailer. If SNY PS can make jaw dropping trailers for games, it shouldn't be much different for a movie, considering these types of games are meant to be more of a cinematic experience.

Actors don't fit well, acting didn't seem great, trailer was so so at best. Perhaps hope that SNY is pulling a GoT where there's plenty of skepticism in the air because it's hard to tell what exactly to expect, and then BAM, knocked on your ass by the ghost of greatness?

"A Samurai knows how to apply the right amount of force. Too little and you lose respect, too much and you lose opportunity"

Aside from another Sonic like uproar, which I don't think is as doable or exactly necessary based on what's been shown, we'll hafta just wait and see. No doubt SNY would shift the fantasy vs reality take on this first iteration if it doesn't do as well as they'd like. Assuming it doesn't bomb hard either, because then it's anyone's guess if a follow up ever get's made for this franchise.

Gotta give them a chance or two at least to get the transition and formula right.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 22 October 2021

Movies is a obsolete medium

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Looks meh so I'll skip. I liked the original fan film short.

Yep, like with most movie studios they will cast a more popular person thanks to the mcu and spiderman as the lead role even when he no way fits thinking it will bring in more sales instead of casting the person fans have been asking for for years!. Nathan Fillion is the perfect Nathan Drake its like he was made for the role.

Mah looks like instead of getting what we want we are just going to get another typical cash in movie with some big name stars. Guess studios doesnt know that plenty of movies done well with little known stars at the time.

SNY be all like:

What do we use for the PS3 logo?..

Spiderman!

Which DLC do we use to launch PS5?.. 

Spiderman! 

Who do we cast as Nathan Drake?..

Spiderman!

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a treasure thief can.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 22 October 2021

Yeah, this does not look very good. Might watch it on Netflix some time though.

zero129 said:
EricHiggin said:

SNY be all like:

What do we use for the PS3 logo?..

Spiderman!

Which DLC do we use to launch PS5?.. 

Spiderman! 

Who do we cast as Nathan Drake?..

Spiderman!

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a treasure thief can.

This made me lol so hard cos its kinda the truth xD.

Then there's the broader all encompassing version:

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever the corporation plans/demands.

So would this be like a Tomb Raider?

Yutilk said:

So would this be like a Tomb Raider?

Imagine if Sony cast Angelina Jolie as Drake with Brad Pitt as Sully, people would pay to see that.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot