By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the literal heck Nintendo?!?

Nintendo decided to drop the price of the Expansion Pack at the end of the Animal Crossing Direct.....and it's worse than I ever thought haha!! 

They're including this paid Animal Crossing DLC that's usually $25, which is cool, if you play Animal Crossing.

They need to announce EVERYTHING they plan on releasing for this added service to justify more than doubling the current subscription cost!

Around the Network

lol yeah. 30 bucks more a year for a handful of N64 and Genesis games. Worst part is many people will pay for it. Cant put a price on Ocarina Of Time and Mario 64 I guess...

I'm out. Not sure what this comes to Canadian. But this is ridiculous.

1doesnotsimply

Just saw the UK price of it and it's £35 a year which is a very wide discrepancy from before, where the base yearly subscription is £18/$20. I had a feeling it would be £35, but didn't expect it to be so steep in the US at $50!

FarleyMcFirefly said:

I'm out. Not sure what this comes to Canadian. But this is ridiculous.

Looks like it's almost 62 Canadian dollars.

Around the Network

Double Post. Ignore this.

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 15 October 2021

Nintendo unashamedly displaying their arrogance.

By the time they add Wii titles it will be like 200$ a year...

They have been very greedy this gen.

I won't be getting this at least in the first year. I'll keep an eye on what they do with the service. At that price they better go back to when they would release new games every month. Including the Animal Crossing DLC is interesting, and if they include more dlc along the way it may add value to it. If they include older dlc say BOTW and Fire Emblem's dlc and others I may have interest one day. 9 N64 isn't going to cut it for me right now until they add a lot more.

I don't see who will go for this. The only ones that will find this worth it are those that both A) love Animal Crossing AND B) are nostalgic for N64/Genesis games. Because if you only like Animal Crossing, it's a better deal to get the DLC for $25. And it seems no one who only wants the N64/Genesis games think this is worth it.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish