By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 40, 2021 - (27th Sept - 3rd Oct)

trunkswd said:

Switch has an uphill battle to catch up to 2020. I wonder how big of a launch the OLED will have.

Apparently it's pretty much sold out everywhere, there are even loteries again

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
trunkswd said:

Switch has an uphill battle to catch up to 2020. I wonder how big of a launch the OLED will have.

This either means HUGE demand and/or Nintendo greatly underestimated the demand for it and didn't ship that many. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
SKMBlake said:

This either means HUGE demand and/or Nintendo greatly underestimated the demand for it and didn't ship that many. 

Just like their Special Editions of their games.

Sogreblute said:
trunkswd said:

Just like their Special Editions of their games.

We will know on Thursday how well it did in Japan with Famitsu, and possibly get an idea how well it did in the UK once the UK charts drop on Monday.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

The global chip crunch might prevent there being as many available as there were of the Lite when it launched back in 2019, but demand definitely seems to be there:

https://marketresearchtelecast.com/demand-for-nintendo-switch-oled-soars-in-japan-there-wont-be-units-for-everyone/166246/

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Can we see a 300k week again ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

243k bet

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

213.678 bet

Kakadu18 said:

213.678 bet

Your reaction if it hits 213.674 though

OLED - 138K

Hybrid/Lite - 42K

Metroid Dread - 87K

[PS4/PS5] Far Cry 6 - 51K