By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 40, 2021 - (27th Sept - 3rd Oct)

200k Switch next week? 300k?? With how low Switch sales have been trending the past few months you gotta figure there's a few hundred thousand Japanese who will pick up the OLED over the first week or two.

Around the Network

Id be surprised with anything less than 200k.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think this shows that the Trails series is going downhill. Yearly releases, lack of Switch version Day 1, waiting so long to build an audience on Switch, and most of all the series since Cold Steel has become so average. IDK why some people still think this series is a great RPG series when the best games are easily the Sky games. The world building in these games aren't that good.
I think it's time to put this series either on hold or completely shelve it.

trunkswd said:

Switch has an uphill battle to catch up to 2020. I wonder how big of a launch the OLED will have.

Apparently it's pretty much sold out everywhere, there are even loteries again

trunkswd said:
SKMBlake said:

Apparently it's pretty much sold out everywhere, there are even loteries again

This either means HUGE demand and/or Nintendo greatly underestimated the demand for it and didn't ship that many. 

Just like their Special Editions of their games.

Around the Network

The global chip crunch might prevent there being as many available as there were of the Lite when it launched back in 2019, but demand definitely seems to be there:

https://marketresearchtelecast.com/demand-for-nintendo-switch-oled-soars-in-japan-there-wont-be-units-for-everyone/166246/

Can we see a 300k week again ?

243k bet

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

213.678 bet

OLED - 138K

Hybrid/Lite - 42K

Metroid Dread - 87K

[PS4/PS5] Far Cry 6 - 51K