By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kena: Bridge of Spirits reviews piling in + Why Sony?

Will you buy Kena?

Yes—I was always gonna buy it 22 50.00%

Yes—in light of the positive reviews 6 13.64%

Yes—when I can find a PS5 2 4.55%

No—I’m still not interested 13 29.55%

No—because reviews aren’t good enough 1 2.27%

Total:44
hinch said:
Chrkeller said:

I like kena. Battles remind me of dark souls with the parry system. Exploration is zelda like. Really good game. I solid 8/10, imho. For $40 a good deal.

Only real complaint is the camera with is basically trash, lock on in particular is meh.  I also feel like the controls aren't as responsive as they should be.  When using rot during boss fights sometimes I die because of the delay.

Not sure where you are playing on but on PC there was a patch to increase camera movement speed/s. Didn't really have an issue elsewhere in terms of controls apart from Kena randomly stopping when you hit a certain dead zone and the awkward way of controlling the rots in their true form.

The one thing they could have increased the timing of bosses moves, at its hard to see some of the moves and they don't really telegraph particular moves it as such. There are big lunges with massive rages that yeet you and chunk you. Hard. Like the

Spoiler!
Corrupt Taro boss. Where the timing for the final phases where its charging and unblockable moves leaves so little room for error dodging its silly.

I've been playing on the ps5.  Camera moves fine but reminds me of Mario odyssey where I have to control the camera constantly, especially in battles.  The auto follow camera is broken.

The bosses are close to souls hard, and the easy mode is too easy.  Difficulty seems unbalanced.

Around the Network

I'm going to lean towards no for now. This game dropped off my radar after its great trailer reveal, and it probably needs to stay that way, lol. My backlog is already 300 games deep at this point if not more.

Just finished Yakuza LAD, now I need to finish up 13 sentinels and the Spiderman expansion.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

shikamaru317 said:

Well, it was previously stated to be timed exclusive, so I will be waiting for the Xbox version since I don't plan to buy a PS5 until PS5 Slim releases, but if Sony ends up acquiring the studio or something, I guess I will buy it in a sale and play it on my PS4 Pro.

You could be waiting for a while, just like still waiting for ff7 Remake to be multiplatform. 

Been playing since launch. And I’m way above the 10 hours mark. That being said, I love exploring to find everything, going back to earlier locations as soon as I get a new skill or something to deliver back to the village, so that may be why.

The game looks gorgeous and has lots of charm. Bosses are on the cheap side though, them having all the abilities to hit you very quickly no matter where you are, and they are more often than not relentless. Which can get frustrating. The game requires you to master parrying as soon as possible but the complete lack of cue to let you know what the window to trigger it is makes it very difficult to rely on that in favour of dodging, which in turn isn’t always reliable against bosses who can swipe some of their attacks at you almost no matter where you are in their battle arena.

This is still a very commendable first effort by the studio and I can’t wait to see where they go from here.

Abou 2-3 hours in. So far enjoying although not loving the story telling, It feels overly condensed and without enough build up/context. The script lacks any charm and voice acting is a bit flat. Gameplay feels a bit too predictable and formulaic. But none of this stops it being a joy to play. The world is gorgeous and the core gameplay works and is satisfying.

I cannot wait to see game two and I'm hoping it can score a No.1 or 2 on PS5 download chart in September.

Around the Network

Any news on a more solid release date than November for the disc version?