Metroid Dread + Switch OLED 19 28.36%

Metroid Dread + Regular Switch 0 0%

Metroid Dread + Switch Lite 0 0%

Only Switch OLED 1 1.49%

Only Regular Switch 1 1.49%

Only Switch Lite 0 0%

Waiting for prime 4 6 8.96%

Total:67

I made the mistake of buying an enhanced SKU of a current device before in which it had little to no exclusives. I will not be making that mistake again. Don't get me wrong, the New 3ds XL was a nice upgrade over the standard 3ds I had purchased before, but in retrospect, it wasn't worth spending hundreds of dollars for something that simply functioned/looked nicer. From now on, unless it has exclusive games for it, I won't be interested in new SKU's.

Dread looks good to me, I will probably get it. I have a very weird relationship with Metroid. I hated the original when I tried to play it, and I got bored/frustrated with Super and never finished it. I beat Fusion and loved that game, then tried to get into the MP Trilogy and got bored/frustrated partway through the first game and never moved on to the next two. I got pretty far into Other M and actually enjoyed that for its narrative experience. I'm probably in the most sub-group of sub-groups for people that have played Metroid games for what I've enjoyed and haven't enjoyed lol.

Dread looks appealing to me, though! And honestly, even if I don't enjoy it, I will be glad to buy it because it will hopefully open the gates to Nintendo putting out more "dead series" games or putting out games from those series with more effort. I'm hoping for an actual quality star fox game (not low budget trash like Zero), a followup to Kid Icarus Uprising, and more from series that are locked behind the "too niche to make a profit off of it" barrier that the Metroid series has probably also been stuck behind (not Prime). If Dread succeeds, my actual dream games could become reality, so here's to Dread!

Last edited by Dulfite - on 21 September 2021

Around the Network

I would say Metroid Special Edition + OLED if I could find any of those to buy!

OLED Switch is a joke, I really wonder how long Nintendo will keep going on such limited hardware. Joycon has got to be the worst controller ever made by Nintendo. Already had to send them in twice to Nintendo for controller drift. Joycon feel like a cheap plastic toy rather than a gaming controller. IT's sad considering how great they did with the Switch Pro Controller.

With the supply problem on PS5 and XSX, Nintendo is going to kill it selling Switch in the next to year. But, I really hope that they are working on a eventual Switch Pro. Switch Pro wish list Faster load time and lock 1080P 60.

yvanjean said:

OLED Switch is a joke, I really wonder how long Nintendo will keep going on such limited hardware. Joycon has got to be the worst controller ever made by Nintendo. Already had to send them in twice to Nintendo for controller drift. Joycon feel like a cheap plastic toy rather than a gaming controller. IT's sad considering how great they did with the Switch Pro Controller.

With the supply problem on PS5 and XSX, Nintendo is going to kill it selling Switch in the next to year. But, I really hope that they are working on a eventual Switch Pro. Switch Pro wish list Faster load time and lock 1080P 60.

They can't just "lock" everything to 1080p and 60fps. The chipset in the Switch is limited and they can't just provide a "better" chip without running into possible compatibility issues and/or patching each game for the specific spec. It's not like in the PC space where games are built around scalable hardware. The only other way to do it would be to brute force it through emulation with SIGNIFICANTLY better hardware. It's just not feasible for an iterative version. 

My wife already pre-ordered the OLED for me with the agreement that she'll take my launch day Switch.  I'm sure I'll get Metroid Dread in the near future as well.

Around the Network

Yes to Metroid
No to the OLED

Just Metroid Dread. I don't need a new Switch atm.

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 21 September 2021

Doctor_MG said:
yvanjean said:

They can't just "lock" everything to 1080p and 60fps. The chipset in the Switch is limited and they can't just provide a "better" chip without running into possible compatibility issues and/or patching each game for the specific spec. It's not like in the PC space where games are built around scalable hardware. The only other way to do it would be to brute force it through emulation with SIGNIFICANTLY better hardware. It's just not feasible for an iterative version. 

Even the Xbox Series S if I recall has a few games that are sub-1080P. Like Yakuza which drops to 900P/60fps.

All up to the developer, the hardware is capable if they make a few sacrifices.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Even the Xbox Series S if I recall has a few games that are sub-1080P. Like Yakuza which drops to 900P/60fps.

All up to the developer, the hardware is capable if they make a few sacrifices.

You aren't understanding. I'm talking about compatibility, not about what developers can do with the hardware. 

My launch switch never leaves the dock. If the kids hadn't treated the other 2 switches like crap (screen is broke on one from getting dropped and can only be played docked) then i might consider upgrading one of those. The only way we get an OLED is if my wife decides she wants her own and that would only be for Splatoon 3.

As for Dread ... I just broke down and ordered it on Amazon ... now I think I'll put in for vacation on the 8th.