Not really, but I enjoyed... 21 26.92%

No, but I am not intereted in GT at all. 27 34.62%

Total:78

You might just be misinformed. New stuff:

1) 100 new cars
2) Maybe 5 new tracks
3) Car body modifactions
4) Car tuning
5) Collection aspect (GT cafe, second hand)
6) Dynamic day/night
7) Dynamic weather ( we saw rain level as a percentage on track)
8) Driving tests

Unannounced but could stuff:

10) Bigger car count
11) Multi-class racing
12) New physics model
13) VR mode

Seriously, this is like THE dream GT game. Its got everything from the old GT games with the amazing multiplayer of GT Sport. Combine that with how well PD supports GT, the content will be packed as well.

Around the Network

Because it's not Omega Boost for me. Best game they ever made.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

src said:

You might just be misinformed. New stuff:

1) 100 new cars
2) Maybe 5 new tracks
3) Car body modifactions
4) Car tuning
5) Collection aspect (GT cafe, second hand)
6) Dynamic day/night
7) Dynamic weather ( we saw rain level as a percentage on track)
8) Driving tests

Unannounced but could stuff:

10) Bigger car count
11) Multi-class racing
12) New physics model
13) VR mode

Seriously, this is like THE dream GT game. Its got everything from the old GT games with the amazing multiplayer of GT Sport. Combine that with how well PD supports GT, the content will be packed as well.

Looking at GT Planets preview they also state

Probably the biggest new feature of all is the return of dynamic time and weather following its absence from GT Sport. These environmental effects might seem small, but they can have a major impact on racing — and enable realistic endurance races once again.

We don’t know yet if the weather and time variations will apply to every circuit in the game, but the official GT7 landing page on the PlayStation 5 microsite suggests that all “90+” of the game’s launch track variations will indeed offer this functionality.

So I guess it's Eurogamer that's misinformed or trying to stir up shit with
Given the reluctance to explicitly mention dynamic weather or time transitions in the blog post I'm guessing they won't feature in Gran Turismo 7

twintail said:
smroadkill15 said:

It just recently surfaced that GT7 campaign mode will require an online connection to play. Not exactly great news.

https://gamerant.com/gran-turismo-7-single-player-campaign-internet-connection/

This seems like such a non-factor to me.

I can't even remember the last time I ran a console without being connected to the net. 

Of course in many many years time if the game becomes unplayable that could be a problem, sure.

Not so much a non-issue when the servers are down (or being updated) and you can't continue with the campaign. GT Sport didn't record any earned credits / completed races / earned cars etc if it couldn't connect to the server. Congrats on completing that 3 hour endurance race. Oh wait, server connection gone, sorry you'll have to do it again. Sometimes it would still save if GT Sport managed to reconnect later, most of the time you simply lost your progress.

In GT Sport it didn't really matter since there is no real progression, more sandbox campaign. However if GT7 has a more structured campaign it would kinda suck to have to do long sp races over again because of server issues. Hopefully PD made it more robust.

smroadkill15 said:

It just recently surfaced that GT7 campaign mode will require an online connection to play. Not exactly great news.

https://gamerant.com/gran-turismo-7-single-player-campaign-internet-connection/

I've always liked these games and was lowkey interested in this but not anymore

Around the Network

Well, I suppose you'll always have GT3-Sport to play. Or, you could always just sit this one out and wait for the true next-gen GT that's exclusive to PS5. Although, the idea that they'd build it from the ground up is pretty slim at this point, imo. But there's always hope!

If you think the difference between GT Sport and GT7 campaign will be "really not that big of a change" then I question if you played previous Gran Turismo games before sport. (I know that you have)

Graphically it's not making me go WOW, but I'm hoping for the best single-player GT game since GT4. I'm not a huge fan of these types of games but I still like earning money, buying and upgrading cars etc.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 13 September 2021

JackHandy said:

Well, I suppose you'll always have GT3-Sport to play. Or, you could always just sit this one out and wait for the true next-gen GT that's exclusive to PS5. Although, the idea that they'd build it from the ground up is pretty slim at this point, imo. But there's always hope!

Are you aware that the engine powering gt sport was made to be future proof. The tech was made to be utilised for ps5. Ps4 pro and tv sets at the time couldn't even take advantage of what the engine offers. The ps5 version of gt7 will be a siginificant upgrade to the ps4 version.

Plenty excited for this. Looks like a full GT experience which we've not had in a while with full modding and more.

The cars have always been the highlight of the game. I've never seen the tracks look amazing compared to the other racers and it seems like PD is doing the same again - focus on the cars.

Content is king and GT Congress with its free updates and support unlike any other racer. This is what sets it far and above any racer for me. You buy the game and it just keeps giving and giving and giving. It's like GaaS but without the need to buy season passes and DLC.

Secondly, what we saw is probably from a build that's months old, for a game that won't go gold until probably around Feb 2022.

GT had probably done more innovation fort reaching sims than any other sim with us FIA licensing, tournaments and creating actual racers.

But this looks like a swan song which is what fans have been asking for. A GT game if the past, with all the content and features, made today.

KratosLives said:
JackHandy said:

Are you aware that the engine powering gt sport was made to be future proof. The tech was made to be utilised for ps5. Ps4 pro and tv sets at the time couldn't even take advantage of what the engine offers. The ps5 version of gt7 will be a siginificant upgrade to the ps4 version.

No, I wasn't aware of that. How did they build for the PS5, when they didn't even know what specs or architecture of PS5 would be? Did Sony let them in on it early or something?