Are You Excited for GT 7?

Yes, I will get it on PS5. 29 37.18%

Yes, I will get it on PS4. 1 1.28%

Not really, but I enjoyed... 21 26.92%

No, but I am not intereted in GT at all. 27 34.62%

Total:78
KratosLives said:
victor83fernandes said:

I'm excited for it, a lot, even if it was just a GT6 remaster it would still be way better than GT Sport, you mention campaign in GT sport, have you actually played it? I got Gold on all challenges on the first try, it wasn't fun, just boring, the campaign was just tacked on. Remember that the biggest GT fans love the campaign, we didn't have online GT until recently, GT1, 2, 3 and 4 were considered the best ones, and those were not online, they focused on great campaigns.

Graphics on youtube mean nothing, GT sport looked just OK on a ps4 slim, but when I tried it on the ps4 pro it looked like a different game, way cleaner, even tough you cant see the difference on youtube.

This will be the same, a huge jump, but youtube doesn't do it justice.

I fully believe the game that will push graphics will be forza 8, but in the end we are at a point that graphics is just cleaning aliasing and little things like that. Games like Ratchet and clank already look like a pixar movie, sure they can improve it but wont be that noticeable.

Didn't they say at one point after gt5/gt6, that the campaign started to feel the same or not as interesting , and they started hyping forza campaigns and need for speed shift as the way to go? Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it was one game that had a mediocre campaign. I myself haven't haven't played forza or shift, but will campaign that gt fans are used still feel fresh, can it compete with forza or shift? In terms of feeling rewarding through progression, which is what shift got rave reviews for. 

As for forza 8, I saw the trailer and wasn't too impressed visually. The textutres and vehichles did not look as good as in gt7, or sport.  Maybe it's the art style but it doesn't look photo realistic.  I honestly can't see it topping gt7 in the visual department. PD put too much care in cars and track design.

But thats what I want, the good old campaigns, just copy and paste, do not make it like forza with all the gifted cars and points for everything and too many fashy pop ups, I just want to be back to when driving games were good and not just full of flashy cool pop ups, I stopped buying colin mcrae when they went the Dirt route made for teens and not for grown adults.

Your comment about graphics on GT compared to forza is meaningless, I still think Forza 7 looks better than sport but everyone hypes gt sport graphics, because Forza had native 4K and dynamic weather and time of day, all those puddles forming on tracks when it started to rain, and the changes in gameplay in the same race was great and more impressive to me.

GT sport doesn't even exist for me, I do not play online, ever. And the tacked on campaign was way worse than any other GT or Forza ever made, I'd rather play GT1 on the ps1 than to play gt sport campaign.

I don't get where you see photorealism in GT, like at all, graphics are like in GT3 but with higher resolution. Track details look better to me on forza 7, car details GT sport wins but then again GT had 168 cars at launch, forza had over 700. I'd rather have more choice of cars than a slightly better details.

Also forza had the advantage of rumble triggers, made it like you could feel the car more, this time around I think GT will be better because of the new triggers on ps5.

Like I said, even if they made GT2 remaster, it would still be a better campaign than any racing game from recent years. I miss having to fight to earn your credits and cars, if you give me points and credits and cars even if I don't win races then what's the fun? If you add the ability to rewind, and a track line showing when to break or accelerate then where's the fun?

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Where cross-gen will hold it back is the amount of cars on track. It being cross-gen rules out multi-class endurance events with 200 cars on track. The yearly Nurburgring 24 hour race won't be possible if it has to keep parity with the ps4 version. The PS5 should be able to handle AI for 200 cars, ps4 likely can't. GT Sport already had a bit of trouble with 20 car standing race starts. (Fine with rolling starts, but too many cars too close together had fps dips, on ps4 pro)

My ultimate race: 24 hours, 200 cars, multi-class, dynamic time + weather, perhaps with shifts for online (co-op taking turns) or save and continue in the pit for off-line, will likely have to wait until next gen or next next gen. One day it will come! 100 player battle royale is standard nowadays, time for racing to catch up!

I am happy the game is cross generation, first because more of us gamers have the chance to play it, second, because it gets more sales, which means more fund for the developer to developer updates and more games in the future. Unfortunately there's a shortage of consoles, if ps5s were widely available then my opinion would change. But if the developer doesn't get enough sales it could mean the end of the GT series and no one wants that.

24 hours race is a nice option, but honestly I struggle to have 3 hours straight to game nowadays, let alone 24, if you game for 24 hours straight then you have a bigger problem than GT being cross gen.

Dynamic weather and 24 cars on track is very possible, it was done on forza on xbox one, it could have been done on a base ps4.

victor83fernandes said:
SvennoJ said:

Where cross-gen will hold it back is the amount of cars on track. It being cross-gen rules out multi-class endurance events with 200 cars on track. The yearly Nurburgring 24 hour race won't be possible if it has to keep parity with the ps4 version. The PS5 should be able to handle AI for 200 cars, ps4 likely can't. GT Sport already had a bit of trouble with 20 car standing race starts. (Fine with rolling starts, but too many cars too close together had fps dips, on ps4 pro)

My ultimate race: 24 hours, 200 cars, multi-class, dynamic time + weather, perhaps with shifts for online (co-op taking turns) or save and continue in the pit for off-line, will likely have to wait until next gen or next next gen. One day it will come! 100 player battle royale is standard nowadays, time for racing to catch up!

I am happy the game is cross generation, first because more of us gamers have the chance to play it, second, because it gets more sales, which means more fund for the developer to developer updates and more games in the future. Unfortunately there's a shortage of consoles, if ps5s were widely available then my opinion would change. But if the developer doesn't get enough sales it could mean the end of the GT series and no one wants that.

24 hours race is a nice option, but honestly I struggle to have 3 hours straight to game nowadays, let alone 24, if you game for 24 hours straight then you have a bigger problem than GT being cross gen.

Dynamic weather and 24 cars on track is very possible, it was done on forza on xbox one, it could have been done on a base ps4.

The main advantage is, we get GT7 at the start of the generation. If it wasn't cross-gen I doubt we would have seen it before 2024!

GT won't end and sales would be plenty anyway over time just on PS5. It's more like a GT6 situation with a 'next-gen' version alongside this time.

And yes, the ps3 already had dynamic weather, time, 24 hour races, it was all in GT5. GT6 reduced the time length for endurance races and GT Sport removed the dynamic weather and time. Either those options were just not used much, or the push for 4K with a relatively weak CPU and ambitious new engine meant dynamic time and weather couldn't work with the intended level of visual fidelity. Yet 200 cars on track has never been done afaik.

You don't have to do them in one sitting. GT5 added the possibility to save during endurance races (but left you no other option than to continue next time you booted up GT5, couldn't do anything else in between in GT5). And it could be an interesting mechanic to have a huge online race going with the option to jump in, take over from someone else. All drivers for one car get rewarded at the end and a full progress report of the 'journey' of the car they shared. A bit like Journey where you see all the names of the persons you met along the way, instead here you get a list of drivers, who contributed most, divided earnings etc. In reality drivers take turns as well in these 24h endurance events.

The one thing were cross-gen will really hold it back is online race loading. You already had a difference between ps4 and ps4 pro, "waiting for other players" on the ps4 pro. Get matched with ps4 players and all that SSD speed means nothing. That's still not really an issue if they continue with the race schedules of GT Sport. As long as the races start at a set time, you don't really have to wait for them. The entry window can simply close a minute earlier on ps4. The big advantage is, a much bigger pool of people to race against, better matchmaking. The benefits indeed far outweigh the slight negatives.

Just read the interview, great news!

In GT7, the time and weather will be moving in real time.

The weather simulation is actually a weather simulation, not just a weather change. So it does have an effect on the physics of the game. I think that will be very interesting. And also you can set multiples of the time that it takes from real time to 100 times accelerated, so you don't necessarily need to have a full on endurance race in order for the player to experience those weather changes and how it affects their cars in the track.

We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places. The air temperature, the humidity, and then the road surface temperature will also be affected by these weather changes as well.

As for differences between the ps4 and ps5

Feature wise, they will be the same, but the quality that you'll be seeing will be different.

Cross-play is confirmed.

Excited now!

twintail said:

Thank you for the post, a very great interview.

Will them we get like 1000 cars to tell that story or they will keep just some very memorable ones?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Just read the interview, great news!

In GT7, the time and weather will be moving in real time.

The weather simulation is actually a weather simulation, not just a weather change. So it does have an effect on the physics of the game. I think that will be very interesting. And also you can set multiples of the time that it takes from real time to 100 times accelerated, so you don't necessarily need to have a full on endurance race in order for the player to experience those weather changes and how it affects their cars in the track.

We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places. The air temperature, the humidity, and then the road surface temperature will also be affected by these weather changes as well.

As for differences between the ps4 and ps5

Feature wise, they will be the same, but the quality that you'll be seeing will be different.

Cross-play is confirmed.

Excited now!

They talked about implementing more mechanics later and accompanying the evolution of PS5 (so likely not a GT8 for PS5), and also that some old features aren`t back yet but they are working on implementing them. So perhaps even the rubber simulation will be added at some point.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Somebody modded GT Sport to get 38 cars on track and rain on the Nurburgring

Running on ps4, probably not at a steady 60fps though. And it's just the spray effects, no wet lighting. But cool ps4 can handle that many cars already.

Sony should make again a Prologue versions of the first GT of a new gen and just make it cross-gen. But maybe this time it's forced to limit HW production and maximise main GT and other big games potential audience due to covid.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Now I have a PS5 and GT7 and I think the game is delightful. Everything I said in the OP is still true. The graphics do look great though but I am playing in 1080p just as I played GT Sport. The 60fps is awesome though. There is nothing revolutionary about the game either. In fact I think the structure is confusing and arbitrary. But the games is just so fun and relaxing to play. I am on Menu Book No. 30. The biggest issue with the game so far is the reward system and optional microstransactions.

GT Sport was my most played PS4 game and I think GT 7 has a good shot of being my most played PS5 game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I got gt7 after skipping gt6 and gt sport since for the first time I decided to get a driving wheel. it is a completely different experience with a driving wheel. G29 is a good one for rookies.