By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 22-28 - Switch Sales Top 90 Million

Yeah I wouldn't be at all surprised if the base Switch is discontinued soon and replaced by the OLED model.

If that's the case though I should think it should get a price cut to $300 next year as only having a $200 and $350 model does leave a large niche in between unfilled.

Around the Network
ShadowLink93 said:

I've heard rumours of a price drop for NSW circulating by various Nintendo fan channels, possibly a $250 price point for the regular hybrid model. I don't get it though, you can't justify the Oled being $100 more when it offers only a minor upgrade and the main reason for the yoy decline is down to the NSW Lite not selling very well, it would be more logical to drop the Lite to $169.99 or even $149.99 because consumers do not consider it to be value for money and would rather pay the extra $100 for the hybrid model especially in Japan where the Hybrid is consistently outselling the lite 5 to 1 recently.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

trunkswd said:

Next hardware charts and sales comparison articles will be delayed until I'm feeling up for doing them.

I was diagnosed with mild pneumonia in one lung on Sunday. I am currently on antibiotics and have been resting in bed all week.

Don't worry about it. Get well soon!

trunkswd said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Don't worry about it. Get well soon!

Thank you. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon. I feel lazy not working and not working out lol. 

Craig (Machina) is doing a great job covering the gaming news.

It's never lazy to take time off when you're unwell.

Take care of yourself man, wishing you a speedy recovery.

ShadowLink93 said:

I've heard rumours of a price drop for NSW circulating by various Nintendo fan channels,

The price drop is around 20% all over Europe as of now.

Whether that is an inventory sellout, making room for the new model, or a new base price is anyone's guess.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
ShadowLink93 said:

I've heard rumours of a price drop for NSW circulating by various Nintendo fan channels,

Whether that is an inventory sellout, making room for the new model, or a new base price is anyone's guess.

It's not 20%, it's 9%. If it was inventory sellout, the pricedrop would have been bigger and everywhere.

Kakadu18 said:
drkohler said:

It's not 20%, it's 9%. If it was inventory sellout, the pricedrop would have been bigger and everywhere.

the switch is still selling about as fast as they can make it, at least the hybrid SKU, at least before they announced the OLED model. there is just enough stock floating that they can fill shelves basically, which is basically ideal.

casue it will still take time to ramp up OLED model production and the fact that the base SKU is still selling really well, I think they'll ride it out for more profit this holiday and drop the OLED and regular switch by 50$ each next Q1 and clean out the stock before next holiday, potentially clearing the way for a pro model at 400$-450$ is that is really a thing they have in mind.

Another week at the top and a very nice milestone for NS.
Second best week for PS5 this Summer.
XS good, but distant third.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!