By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 8-14 - PS5 and Switch Sales Rise

yo33331 said:
peachbuggy said:

Yes, time will show you as completely wrong and at least we won't have to wait long to prove you wrong.

This is the problem, that you are 100% in the future. Where everything is possible and no one should be sure 100% about anything.

You can be 100% sure that Switch will be still selling in 2022, 2023 and 2024. From that, all you need is a bit of common sense and logic to realise it will comfortably exceed 130m, let alone 120m.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

so your prediction is 15M sold for switch in 2022? Ok, im quoting this! Good luck

Yep! Go ahead! And thanks.. you will need it .. oops switch will need it for next year.

So, with the new financial report, and the games that are coming this year, plus what lies ahead for the switch….. 15M for this year? 

yo33331 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

So, with the new financial report, and the games that are coming this year, plus what lies ahead for the switch….. 15M for this year? 

As I already said on one of my other posts, the exact prediction was between 15 to 18M for this year, yes. With the condition of PS5 and XBSX both having fixed their problems with the stock, (which they haven't..) which I and many other thought that in this point of the last year that will be fixed for 2022.

And it has not only haven't been fixed but particularly for the PS5 it has been even worse. So with these circumstances, I can see Switch making between 18 and 20M for this calendar year.

As I have written in the quoted post, Switch got the luck in the form of stock issues for both XBOX and PS5, PS5 in bigger form. There are some portion of the sales that Switch have received because of these shortages and unavailability of the other 2 consoles. Yes Switch may also experience somewhere shortages but are nowhere near the shortages that are XBOX Series X and PS5 experiencing.

Also.. don't be so sure. It still isn't impossible for Switch to finish under 18M for this year. (although I can give more chance of doing over 18M)

Switch is declining every single week since the start of this year, and now before the adjustments that will follow (that will lower it's numbers further) VGChartz data is that Switch has sold 5M by end of april. This is almost 30% down year on year, when earlier in the year was 10, then 20%. So as I said with each passing month and week Switch is declining weekly and this percentage will grow since 2021 was doing between 300 and 400k weekly for the whole year. (The weakest point was the month before the OLED where it dropped to 270-280K for a few weeks) I expect the Switch to fall to around 250K weekly for the most part of this year and of course boost in the holiday season. But still I am not counting out the under 18M scenario for this year. However If I have to bet, with the PS5 very weak numbers and big shortages problems and XBOX somewhat better but still not full stock (specially for the X model) issue I would bet that Switch can finish in the 18-20M range for this year.

Also .. why even mentiong the games ? At this point in life and this numbers that Switch have sold till now even the biggest surprize of a game can't make a big boost in the sales of the Switch. So no matter what games comes out for it now or in the future they can only slightly boost 2-3 weekly numbers a little and that's it. The saturation point is here. Also.. What exactly lies ahead for the Switch ? What ? 1 more full year on the market (as Nintendo primary console) or 2 at best and that's it. Even with this, in the moment of announcing the new successor Switch will immediately begin to fall in sales further. As it was with pretty much every other system in the past when their successor get announced. The games at this point can't move Switch sales. Pricecut won't happen because Switch already did get some form of a pricecut in the face of Switch Lite in 2019. I see how everyone here says "switch even hasn't receive pricecut at this point". It has. Just Nintendo made it in a smart way. With introducing of cheaper model. Just like in other industries there is cheaper models that are for peoples who can't afford the normal one here the Switch Lite is this affordable option. And whoever until now wanted to have a switch but didn't have the money for the normal one, they all have bought the Lite one. So no there is no point in doing another price cut and Nintendo won't do it because they already have cheap option at 199$. This is the pricecut Switch got. In 2019. Just not in it's pure form of slashing the original model's price, but introducing new cheaper to make one for 100$ less.

There is of course the possibility of doing second one however that one will most likely be when announcing or even launching it's successor, just to soften the blow on the sales of the Switch. Which at that point it will have little to no impact, maybe some hundreds of units more but no more than 1M in total at max. I bet Switch will finish at something around 140M lifetime.

So, in this thread you said switch was only going to sell 15M in 2022, that’s the reason i quoted you. Then you went and confirmed it, and even wish good luck….. which apparently it had in the form of the competition shortages (not like switch aint having problems, right?) 

now you have to write a whole essay with a lot of excuses…. Sure it was a good idea to quote it back then.

yo33331 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

As I already said on one of my other posts, the exact prediction was between 15 to 18M for this year, yes. With the condition of PS5 and XBSX both having fixed their problems with the stock, (which they haven't..) which I and many other thought that in this point of the last year that will be fixed for 2022.

And it has not only haven't been fixed but particularly for the PS5 it has been even worse. So with these circumstances, I can see Switch making between 18 and 20M for this calendar year.

As I have written in the quoted post, Switch got the luck in the form of stock issues for both XBOX and PS5, PS5 in bigger form. There are some portion of the sales that Switch have received because of these shortages and unavailability of the other 2 consoles. Yes Switch may also experience somewhere shortages but are nowhere near the shortages that are XBOX Series X and PS5 experiencing.

Also.. don't be so sure. It still isn't impossible for Switch to finish under 18M for this year. (although I can give more chance of doing over 18M)

Switch is declining every single week since the start of this year, and now before the adjustments that will follow (that will lower it's numbers further) VGChartz data is that Switch has sold 5M by end of april. This is almost 30% down year on year, when earlier in the year was 10, then 20%. So as I said with each passing month and week Switch is declining weekly and this percentage will grow since 2021 was doing between 300 and 400k weekly for the whole year. (The weakest point was the month before the OLED where it dropped to 270-280K for a few weeks) I expect the Switch to fall to around 250K weekly for the most part of this year and of course boost in the holiday season. But still I am not counting out the under 18M scenario for this year. However If I have to bet, with the PS5 very weak numbers and big shortages problems and XBOX somewhat better but still not full stock (specially for the X model) issue I would bet that Switch can finish in the 18-20M range for this year.

Also .. why even mentiong the games ? At this point in life and this numbers that Switch have sold till now even the biggest surprize of a game can't make a big boost in the sales of the Switch. So no matter what games comes out for it now or in the future they can only slightly boost 2-3 weekly numbers a little and that's it. The saturation point is here. Also.. What exactly lies ahead for the Switch ? What ? 1 more full year on the market (as Nintendo primary console) or 2 at best and that's it. Even with this, in the moment of announcing the new successor Switch will immediately begin to fall in sales further. As it was with pretty much every other system in the past when their successor get announced. The games at this point can't move Switch sales. Pricecut won't happen because Switch already did get some form of a pricecut in the face of Switch Lite in 2019. I see how everyone here says "switch even hasn't receive pricecut at this point". It has. Just Nintendo made it in a smart way. With introducing of cheaper model. Just like in other industries there is cheaper models that are for peoples who can't afford the normal one here the Switch Lite is this affordable option. And whoever until now wanted to have a switch but didn't have the money for the normal one, they all have bought the Lite one. So no there is no point in doing another price cut and Nintendo won't do it because they already have cheap option at 199$. This is the pricecut Switch got. In 2019. Just not in it's pure form of slashing the original model's price, but introducing new cheaper to make one for 100$ less.

There is of course the possibility of doing second one however that one will most likely be when announcing or even launching it's successor, just to soften the blow on the sales of the Switch. Which at that point it will have little to no impact, maybe some hundreds of units more but no more than 1M in total at max. I bet Switch will finish at something around 140M lifetime.

Your prediction is wrong or right? Just answer it, no need for that long paragraph.

So much spin… the force is strong in this one. This is not the other thread you made another prediction, or one where you said something else.

In this Very same thread you predicted switch will sell 15M in 2022, nothing more nothing less. Stock situation is not only stopping the competition, but is also hurting switch sales. Pretending other wise is just foolish….. as foolish as you giving a lot of excuses for your failed prediction. 15M is also no where near 20M.

Even if the other consoles didn’t have the shortages issues, no way switch was only going to sell 15M this year. And that is a safe bet; but then again we will never know. So, even after all your if this and if that, your prediction was wrong. If you dont like to being call out for doing such awful predictions, just stop making them.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

My prediction about Switch was valid only if the stock issues for the other two consoles are gone.

That's not how it works

If you have to put so many if in a prediction, maybe you shouldn’t be making it in the first place. But you are right, i should wait till dec 31st. To early to know if switch will sell more than 15M.

Tagging for later!

Okay then if the humankind is going under extinction starting tomorrow, the Switch will not sell 20 million this year.

See ? Easy

yo33331 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Your prediction is wrong or right? Just answer it, no need for that long paragraph.

My prediction about stock situation for PS5 and XBSX was wrong.

My prediction about Switch was valid only if the stock issues for the other two consoles are gone.

I haven't done a prediction last year about Switch for this year if the stock issues are still present.

Besides, you can't talk about prediction if its wrong or right when the year is not finished .. we haven't passed it's half point yet ..

So it's only about your "if", in other words, in reality, both of your predictions are wrong.

Oh, the Ego of a lot of VG users.....