By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Council (thread about Sega)

Favoritre Phantasy Star Online game?

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 0 0%

Phantasy Star Online Episode 2 0 0%

Phantasy Star Online 2 Launch 0 0%

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis 0 0%

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Ultima 1 100.00%

Phantasy Star Online epis... 0 0%

Phantasy Star Nova 0 0%

Phantasy Star Universe 0 0%

Total:1
CaptainExplosion said:
TomaTito said:

Was I in time? Missed the anniversary here :(
BTW best Sonic is CD

I don't know if I can say it's the best, but it did have one of the best ever Sonic songs. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZDauGd4A50

Chibi Sonic wins by a land slide

Still Japan always has it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqkajedLyv8

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, the Japanese version of Sonic CD's boss theme worked a lot better.

It emphasizes Robotnik as an evil but comical presence, as opposed to the American version which makes it sound like Robotnik's going to slowly eviscerate Sonic for fun.

Personally I blame Sonic SatAM and Archie Sonic for mainline Sonic games progressively trying to be edgy, culminating in the much hated Sonic 06 storyline

Spoiler!
that even has Sonic killed.

Wow, was not even aware that the ingame BGM was different between the regions.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

All I know is the world desperately needs a new JSR and SoA HD

Ah yes, Sonic CD, I remember loving that game's intro/ending theme song (Sonic Boom):

As for the individual OSTs, 3 & Knuckles easily had the best level and boss music of all the classic Sonic games. 2 had the better special stages, but I overall liked 3 (& Knuckles?) better.

Oh, and I know it isn't a classic Sonic game, but Sonic R had a good soundtrack, too, and it was from the Saturn era, which is close enough, I guess. 

The only song I didn't like was Work It Out from the Reactive Factory stage, ugh, corny. I believe the Super Sonic Racing song was even remixed/sampled in Team Sonic Racing.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 18 August 2021

shikamaru317 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Honestly the one thing I feel was best about Sonic R was it's soundtrack, but it feels wasted on Sonic R. "Can You Feel The Sunshine?" would've been great as the theme for a Green Hill Zone-esque stage in a 3D Sonic platformer.

Did you hear the remix of Can You Feel The Sunshine that Tee Lopes, his wife Mariana, and Jun Senoue did in 2019? Very good:

This (these?) guy(s) did a pretty badass cover of Sonic Boom from Sonic CD as well:

Around the Network

I miss SEGA. Nintendo are the only 80s hardware company that are still going!

dx11332sega said:

100 post This is Sega new RPG teehee

Apparently in the voice over they said it's only for mobile phones, so a big nope from me.

They just don't learn from their past failures.

HAPPY SATURNDAY!

If you want a game that feels like 90s SEGA racing games. Give Cruis'n Blast a shot on Switch

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The fact that Sega owns Atlus makes me like Sega more than before I played an Atlus game. I know Atlus games aren't really Sega IPs, for the most part. It would be like branding Avengers or Star Wars in the same category as Disney animation.
I like some Sonic games, and I like some Sega arcade games too. Sega is up there in my mind in terms of publishers.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

dx11332sega said:
Leynos said:

HAPPY SATURNDAY!

If you want a game that feels like 90s SEGA racing games. Give Cruis'n Blast a shot on Switch

Thanks Also I own World record to Cruis'n Blast carnival Joyride on switch.

PeteDorr, now that's a name I haven't heard of in a minute.