By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The post when you're high thread.

JWeinCom said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Okay, Harry Potter 4 now:

The french school girls walk in and there are immediate ass shots for them. I am not specifically conplaining, but it is a tad weird, right? Sexy ass shots from underaged school girls is not what you typically see in a family movie.

Well, it makes sense that the young boys would be entranced by underage butts. And, if you were also arroused by the butts, it's probably fine. As far as I could tell, all of the girls in the scene were over 18 in real life, and most over 20. 

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Unidentified_Beauxbatons_students

I am not much of a butt-guy myself, but you are totally right.

And stuff like that is not the least family friendly in Harry Potter by a long shot.

Having said that, this makes me think about the arbitrary boarders we set for wehn people are coming of age. Why 18 and not 17, or 19? In Austria you can drink alcohol at 16. I think this is actually a problem and alcohol is more dangerous than people givie it credit for.

In movies it seems to me age restrictions up to 16 can involve some of the most cruel violence imaginable. But if it contains a sex scene that is not completely vanilla, 18 and up. Why is that? Why is sex less palatable than violence? And how did we set those particular ages for alcohol, consent, other drugs, voting, etc? 

Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, it makes sense that the young boys would be entranced by underage butts. And, if you were also arroused by the butts, it's probably fine. As far as I could tell, all of the girls in the scene were over 18 in real life, and most over 20. 

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Unidentified_Beauxbatons_students

And stuff like that is not the least family friendly in Harry Potter by a long shot.

Having said that, this makes me think about the arbitrary boarders we set for wehn people are coming of age. Why 18 and not 17, or 19? In Austria you can drink alcohol at 16. I think this is actually a problem and alcohol is more dangerous than people givie it credit for.

In movies it seems to me age restrictions up to 16 can involve some of the most cruel violence imaginable. But if it contains a sex scene that is not completely vanilla, 18 and up. Why is that? Why is sex less palatable than violence? And how did we set those particular ages for alcohol, consent, other drugs, voting, etc? 

Well, any number we set would be ultimately arbitrary. For example, suppose I have a liquor store. The law is, "You can't sell alcohol to anyone unless they are mature enough to drink responsibly." That would be non-arbitrary, but how exactly could I follow that? I can't really judge the maturity of every person who comes into my store or anything. We need to set some kind of hard number to make any kind of restriction enforceable. Age seems like the only viable option. Ideally, the number would be based on some kind of science backed data. As for why it's 18, I imagine that came to be because it roughly coincides with the end of puberty for most people.

JWeinCom said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Well, any number we set would be ultimately arbitrary. For example, suppose I have a liquor store. The law is, "You can't sell alcohol to anyone unless they are mature enough to drink responsibly." That would be non-arbitrary, but how exactly could I follow that? I can't really judge the maturity of every person who comes into my store or anything. We need to set some kind of hard number to make any kind of restriction enforceable. Age seems like the only viable option. Ideally, the number would be based on some kind of science backed data. As for why it's 18, I imagine that came to be because it roughly coincides with the end of puberty for most people.

Yeah, I agree. There is not much of a different, alternative approach here. But what about differences depending on countries? I guess (without reading up on any of it) that the US allows alcohol consumption later than Austria could have something to do with the countrys history of prohibition.

And prohibition is another odd matter. Alcohol is more dangerous than what people in this particular thread like to consume. Yet alcohol is available in most places while weed is illegal. Cocaine was legal for a time as I understand it. That is cazy to me. Than there is nicotine and caffeine. Even stuff like sugar (perhaps my most severe addiction) is super unhealthy but is not really regulated in any way. - Perhaps in a hundred years time things are flipped and you could smoke as much cannabis as you like, but when the munchies hit, you have to go to your secret donut stash. :)

JuliusHackebeil said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah, I agree. There is not much of a different, alternative approach here. But what about differences depending on countries? I guess (without reading up on any of it) that the US allows alcohol consumption later than Austria could have something to do with the countrys history of prohibition.

And prohibition is another odd matter. Alcohol is more dangerous than what people in this particular thread like to consume. Yet alcohol is available in most places while weed is illegal. Cocaine was legal for a time as I understand it. That is cazy to me. Than there is nicotine and caffeine. Even stuff like sugar (perhaps my most severe addiction) is super unhealthy but is not really regulated in any way. - Perhaps in a hundred years time things are flipped and you could smoke as much cannabis as you like, but when the munchies hit, you have to go to your secret donut stash. :)

In the US, states had different drinking ages. But, this led to situations where it encouraged people to drive to another state where they can get drunk, and then drive back. They had to get every state to use the same age, which they did by withholding funding for highway related things for anyone who didn't go along. I think it was politically easier to get states to raise the drinking age than to lower it. The only people who would really object to raising it were 18-20 year olds, who wielded little political power. If the drinking age had been universally 18, it would probably be 18 still.

I agree with you on weed, although it is now legal where I am, and I'm so happy about that. I think the difference is, or at least should be, how much your behavior harms others. The thinking would go that while sugar is unhealthy, the brunt of the effects are felt by the individual (even if there are indirect costs that are spread to society), so individuals should have the right to decide. On the other hand, something like alcohol or Cocaine tend to have more severe effects on others either through the actions people under the influence take or in the difficulties in dealing with someone who is addicted, which I would argue is more than the problems in dealing with a fat person. So, regulation makes more sense in those circumstances.  

Okay, watching LotR Fellowishp and this thought came up, since I watched Harry Potter recently:
The one ring is just like a Horcrux (or however you spell that). The ring survived, so Sauron survived aswell and was able to return.

Around the Network

Oh dear. I just wanted to get a little high but I'm stoned out of my mind. O_O... @_@ @-@ @_O o_- =_= p+q

axumblade said:
JWeinCom said:

Oh dear. I just wanted to get a little high but I'm stoned out of my mind. O_O... @_@ @-@ @_O o_- =_= p+q

Just act cool. No one knows. Oh wait...besides us...

It's gym time soon. I fucking hate working out high. It seems to take forever. I'm a little less high so hopefully I'll come down within the next half hour.

axumblade said:

In other news, I ran into an old friend from back in the day and he gave me some edibles from Boston.....I only had a small piece of one bar but it was fucking intense. I think I might just use it for a sleeping aid or if I don't have to talk to anybody because it was strong af.

Edibles are always too intense for me. But, I'm going to disney in May, so I want to build up my tolerance, so I can be high in Disney. One of my life long dreams.

Watching Ugly Americans while high. Underrated show.

Nightwish224 said:

Anyone else take hot baths while high? Using epsom salt (cannabis stavia) and bubble bath to accompany it.

Side note, I’m really craving grilled zucchini with sea salt drizzled with a quality olive oil. I guess that’s what Delta 8 gummies make me crave.

Yes, with epsom salt too. Especially after playing basketball, it feels so relaxing. My fiancé really got me into baths again and I take at least 1 a week. 

smroadkill15 said:
Nightwish224 said:

Anyone else take hot baths while high? Using epsom salt (cannabis stavia) and bubble bath to accompany it.

Side note, I’m really craving grilled zucchini with sea salt drizzled with a quality olive oil. I guess that’s what Delta 8 gummies make me crave.

Yes, with epsom salt too. Especially after playing basketball, it feels so relaxing. My fiancé really got me into baths again and I take at least 1 a week. 

OMFG I am going to buy bubble bath and next time I get high I'm taking a fucking bubble bath cause I'm a god damn adult.