By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The post when you're high thread.

S.Peelman said:

I never get high, so now what.

Reported. I presume you will be given a permaban. (jk)

JuliusHackebeil said:
JWeinCom said:

Last time I tried cookies I wound up vomiting and being pretty much unable to move. So I was just kind of lying on my bathroom floor obsessing over my morality and feeling crushed by the weight of the universe. Just doesn't agree with me. 

Weird. The same thing happend to a friend of mine after eating brownies. First lying on the kitchen floor, than the bathroom floor. I luckily never felt like that. 

But once I ate a particularly strong cookie in Amsterdam. Me and my brother were completely phased out at a McDonalds for more than half an hour. People were already staring at us. Was still a fun experience though.

I think it's a couple of different things...

First off I'm just really sensitive to taste. The taste of pot in that form is really unpleasant and I think it immediately signals to my body there's something it should eject.

Also though, when you're eating something it's much harder to tell how much you're actually doing. Smoking hits you really quickly, so you can tell when you've had too much, but pot takes a while to digest. Like the time I got sick I was thinking "damn these cookies aren't doing shit for me", and then I took a couple of bong hits, which definitely did not help the situation.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
S.Peelman said:

I never get high, so now what.

Reported. I presume you will be given a permaban. (jk)

JuliusHackebeil said:

Weird. The same thing happend to a friend of mine after eating brownies. First lying on the kitchen floor, than the bathroom floor. I luckily never felt like that. 

But once I ate a particularly strong cookie in Amsterdam. Me and my brother were completely phased out at a McDonalds for more than half an hour. People were already staring at us. Was still a fun experience though.

First off I'm just really sensitive to taste. The taste of pot in that form is really unpleasant and I think it immediately signals to my body there's something it should eject.

Also though, when you're eating something it's much harder to tell how much you're actually doing. Smoking hits you really quickly, so you can tell when you've had too much, but pot takes a while to digest. Like the time I got sick I was thinking "damn these cookies aren't doing shit for me", and then I took a couple of bong hits, which definitely did not help the situation.

Yep it's all in the dosage. Making them myself I can calculate how much active THC (mg) approximately ends up in each cookie. And if you prepare it right you hardly taste any difference to a normal cookie. It's all about properly straining the butter.

It takes 45 minutes to an hour before the effects of cookies kick in. The worst thing you can do is eat more thinking it doesn't work!

Um...judging from the quality of posts I see on this site, I'm not really sure what makes this thread any different from the rest. Hahaah, I kid...but only mostly.

super_etecoon said:

Um...judging from the quality of posts I see on this site, I'm not really sure what makes this thread any different from the rest. Hahaah, I kid...but only mostly.

The difference is that the posters in this thread are far more intelligent and reasonable.

On an unrelated note this is the dumbest and greatest thing ever, and totally recommended for next time you're stoned, if you're old enough to remember when shows like Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill were enjoyed unironically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwrCfx3OKM&t=3178s

SvennoJ said:

Yep it's all in the dosage. Making them myself I can calculate how much active THC (mg) approximately ends up in each cookie. And if you prepare it right you hardly taste any difference to a normal cookie. It's all about properly straining the butter.

It takes 45 minutes to an hour before the effects of cookies kick in. The worst thing you can do is eat more thinking it doesn't work!

Absolutely agreed. Overeating while believing in too mild a dosage is such a typical mistake. Happend to a friend of mine of THREE SEPERATE occasions. Now the lesson finaly stuck.

One reason for this mistake surely is that people have different metabolism(s?). I digest really fast and was wasted 15 Minutes after desert. So naturally he thought it was too little.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Huh, I never heard anyone complain about the taste before. I have even seen people leave in all the plant material for additional aroma. I liked that a lot.

JuliusHackebeil said:
JWeinCom said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Huh, I never heard anyone complain about the taste before. I have even seen people leave in all the plant material for additional aroma. I liked that a lot.

I'm a pretty picky eater, and certain tastes will just make me gag. Also kind of depends on what you're cooking. If it's something like Brownies I don't mind it, because the chocolate flavor is strong enough to overpower the weed taste. But something like normal chocolate chip cookies, it's gonna come through pretty strong.

Guys, I can't believe that this video really exists. It is such a crazy mix. This weird style channel. And such a topic. And the funniest part is, that I totally enjyed watching it. It is so well made. The guy talking really knows his shit. But damn this is weird. I kind of can't believe that day actually made this. Nazi Style.

JWeinCom said:
super_etecoon said:

The difference is that the posters in this thread are far more intelligent and reasonable.

On an unrelated note this is the dumbest and greatest thing ever, and totally recommended for next time you're stoned, if you're old enough to remember when shows like Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill were enjoyed unironically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwrCfx3OKM&t=3178s

That show is an absolute blast. It almost feels like watching interdimensional cable. Like - how can this even exist? It is an absolut treasure!

axumblade said:

I tried to play Microsoft Flight Simulator.....it....didn't go well.....

Hahahaha, that’s going to have to be a must try for me now!