By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 nearing final stages of development

Tagged games:

wasn't monolith working on a new IP? how did it end up being a third iteration of xenoblade ? (nothing against xenoblade, love the franchise but curious about a new project).

Around the Network

I hope Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming to Switch.

Second didn't quite click with me. Personally would have preferred a sequel to X.

Agente42 said:
Dulfite said:

I can't wait! XC2 was absolutely fantastic!

I want the medieval new project. then Xenoblade 3. Waifus can wait. 

Just want to point out that a third one wouldn't necessarily have waifus. Two thirds of the series still don't lean towards that sort of stuff that much. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Normally I'd take this with a grain of salt the size of Mechonis, but as more than more reliable source has backed this up, I'm inclined to believe it, plus it would hardly be surprising after the success of 2.

Hopefully they improve the visuals and cut out the occasionally cringey stuff from 2 while retaining the great soundtrack, story, combat, and other qualities that make the series great. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Normally I'd take this with a grain of salt the size of Mechonis, but as more than more reliable source has backed this up, I'm inclined to believe it, plus it would hardly be surprising after the success of 2.

Hopefully they improve the visuals and cut out the occasionally cringey stuff from 2 while retaining the great soundtrack, story, combat, and other qualities that make the series great. 

Khan states he believes that Coleman more than likely has recorded voice acting for this game, but she pretty much admitted she wasn't involved with any other MS project. If she was, her non-disclosure agreement would bar her from saying "I think they're going to do another one, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that". So Khan is most probably making at least some things up, if not all of them. Had he distanced himself from saying that Coleman is perhaps collaborating in the game, it would've sounded more convincing to me. We all know that a new MS game is coming and that Xenoblade 3 is a natural candidate, but I'm not sure if we should buy how he's painting the game to be. Speaking of which, that extremely vague description is horrifying. I don't doubt it's possible to conciliate the original and 2's personalities, but it is a tough sale, especially when "a few returning characters" are set to appear. But, again, he didn't say too much. Moreover, "the ending of the trilogy"? Would Takahashi truly be satisfied with making just three games after he long desired to make Xenogears and Xenosaga huge properties, and also now that he has a stable accommodation at Nintendo and a successful franchise with Xenoblade? Well, allow me to doubt. The guy still isn't that old, I might add. 

What other sources are you referring to, by the way? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Assuming this is true, 2022 is looking like it'll be 2017 the Sequel.

2017: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

2022: Breath of the Wild 2, Splatoon 3, Mario and Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

And I'm all for it!!!

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

Khan states he believes that Coleman more than likely has recorded voice acting for this game, but she pretty much admitted she wasn't involved with any other MS project. If she was, her non-disclosure agreement would bar her from saying "I think they're going to do another one, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that". So Khan is most probably making at least some things up, if not all of them. Had he distanced himself from saying that Coleman is perhaps collaborating in the game, it would've sounded more convincing to me. We all know that a new MS game is coming and that Xenoblade 3 is a natural candidate, but I'm not sure if we should buy how he's painting the game to be. Speaking of which, that extremely vague description is horrifying. I don't doubt it's possible to conciliate the original and 2's personalities, but it is a tough sale, especially when "a few returning characters" are set to appear. But, again, he didn't say too much. Moreover, "the ending of the trilogy"? Would Takahashi truly be satisfied with making just three games after he long desired to make Xenogears and Xenosaga huge properties, and also now that he has a stable accommodation at Nintendo and a successful franchise with Xenoblade? Well, allow me to doubt. The guy still isn't that old, I might add. 

What other sources are you referring to, by the way? 

Both Direct Feed Games and Samus Hunter on Twitter who have demonstrated many times to have some inside knowledge have said Xenoblade 3 is legit.

I trust them enough to believe it's real.

This seems pretty likely. I could see it releasing in the first half of 2022.

Mayhe somehow it will release this holiday season if Nintendo was too dumb to hide it for this long (which I wouldn't put past them).

Nintendo might remake or port X one day, maybe even give it a sequel. But Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the better bet to capitalize on the momentum of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles: DE.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Agente42 said:
Dulfite said:

I can't wait! XC2 was absolutely fantastic!

I want the medieval new project. then Xenoblade 3. Waifus can wait. 

The medieval project does sound interesting. And the fact that the voice actress said she thinks there will be another one, to me, implies it isn't close to being finished (XC3), which also supports their next game being the Medieval one. Also, I know a lot of people dismiss XC2 because of ... ehm... human anatomy issues... but aside from that, the story, voice acting, art style, and combat are my favorite in the series. XC2 was way less grindy than XC1 (FYI I only ever played the 3ds version so I don't know if Wii or HD are less grindy) and way less repetitive than XCX, with its redundant grind missions (collect this, deliver this, etc). XCX felt more like an MMO, and XC1 felt more like a restrited quality game based on it being a new concept with little funding from the start. XC2 shows us what they can make with an actual budget when they focus on a single player, story-driven experience, and it was absolutely an amazing game.