By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 nearing final stages of development

Tagged games:

Metallox said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I think both have area themes that aren't as good as their battle themes, from what I remember. I think they get a bit formulaic. It's been longer since I've played 2 for example, but when I played 1 I remember finding the dynamic of the day and night themes a bit generic. The night them was always just a slower version of the day theme, with a relaxed atmosphere and usually some kind of piano. Again, the themes were good themselves, but they suffered from being part of a formula. I think the areas themes can be a good example of how something simply being "beautiful" or "epic" isn't always as important as being interesting and intriguing. 

That being said, I feel like Gaur Plains, Sword Valley, and especially Satorl Marsh daytime (super underrated) are better than any of the area themes in 2. Again, from what I can remember. 

I like Satorl Marsh daytime a lot more than its counterpart, it's my favorite track from 1, I'll say. 

If the themes are good but they suffer from being in a formula, isn't the original guilty of the same thing, then? Gaur Plains is just like you say, and the dynamic with Satorl Marsh was just inverted, though both songs seem different, that I admit, which is exactly what happens with Sword Valley as well. However, many of the overworld themes nonetheless still function a lot like the other two games. That makes me think you still judge the tracks a lot based on their individual merits, and not exclusively or primarily on how unique they make the soundtrack as a whole. Your last sentence in your first paragraph makes me think I could be misunderstanding somewhere, but I'm not sure. 

You did misunderstand, yea. 

"but when I played 1 I remember finding the dynamic of the day and night themes a bit generic."

That entire comment was pretty much about 1 :) . In fact, that is why I specified Satorl Marsh daytime. Even though the nighttime theme is beautiful, it feels like one of the least inspired dynamics in the whole game. 

Regarding the area themes, I do remember 2 having good ones. I'm just saying in general I don't think the music in 2 is as good as 1. However, it has been way longer since I've played 2 (aside from the tutorial), so take that with a grain of salt. 

And for me, 2 paling in comparison to 1 doesn't make it bad. In this case it still resulted in really good music. But I'd prefer it didn't even warrant the stylistic comparison to be honest, because when it does 1 usually wins. 



Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Metallox said:

I like Satorl Marsh daytime a lot more than its counterpart, it's my favorite track from 1, I'll say. 

If the themes are good but they suffer from being in a formula, isn't the original guilty of the same thing, then? Gaur Plains is just like you say, and the dynamic with Satorl Marsh was just inverted, though both songs seem different, that I admit, which is exactly what happens with Sword Valley as well. However, many of the overworld themes nonetheless still function a lot like the other two games. That makes me think you still judge the tracks a lot based on their individual merits, and not exclusively or primarily on how unique they make the soundtrack as a whole. Your last sentence in your first paragraph makes me think I could be misunderstanding somewhere, but I'm not sure. 

You did misunderstand, yea. 

"but when I played 1 I remember finding the dynamic of the day and night themes a bit generic."

That entire comment was pretty much about 1 :) . In fact, that is why I specified Satorl Marsh daytime. Even though the nighttime theme is beautiful, it feels like one of the least inspired dynamics in the whole game. 

Regarding the area themes, I do remember 2 having good ones. I'm just saying in general I don't think the music in 2 is as good as 1. However, it has been way longer since I've played 2 (aside from the tutorial), so take that with a grain of salt. 

And for me, 2 paling in comparison to 1 doesn't make it bad. In this case it still resulted in really good music. But I'd prefer it didn't even warrant the stylistic comparison to be honest, because when it does 1 usually wins. 

What do you mean with "aside from the tutorial"? Have you been wanting to restart the game but can't get past the the first hours? 



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Honestly, the soundtrack isn't a concern of mine, I'm more interested in gameplay and graphics as XBC2 could be a bit uneven in these regards and I hope they've stepped their game up.

I'm sure at the very least it will be a good game, as even X was, but I'd really like to see them recapture the greatness of the first game.



curl-6 said:

Honestly, the soundtrack isn't a concern of mine, I'm more interested in gameplay and graphics as XBC2 could be a bit uneven in these regards and I hope they've stepped their game up.

I'm sure at the very least it will be a good game, as even X was, but I'd really like to see them recapture the greatness of the first game.

"As X even was". The X fanboy in me wants to scream. I would say X is the best one for being the most ambitious one, I don't think a game like it will ever get made again, but yeah, it kinda sucks in a lot of ways. Still, I'll always push that a sequel or a spiritual successor with a higher budget and better planning would absolutely be the best Xenoblade game. Only in my dreams it will get released, though. 



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

Honestly, the soundtrack isn't a concern of mine, I'm more interested in gameplay and graphics as XBC2 could be a bit uneven in these regards and I hope they've stepped their game up.

I'm sure at the very least it will be a good game, as even X was, but I'd really like to see them recapture the greatness of the first game.

"As X even was". The X fanboy in me wants to scream. I would say X is the best one for being the most ambitious one, I don't think a game like it will ever get made again, but yeah, it kinda sucks in a lot of ways. Still, I'll always push that a sequel or a spiritual successor with a higher budget and better planning would absolutely be the best Xenoblade game. Only in my dreams it will get released, though. 

Don't get me wrong, X did a lot of things impressively well; its a technical marvel that it looks and runs and good as it does on the Wii U while pushing such a gargantuan and seamless world, exploration is rewarding, piloting the skells feels amazing, some of the music is great, and its truly admirable in its immense ambition.

My issue was that its reach often exceeds its grasp; the story touches on some interesting concepts but never follows through and develops them, there's a ton of filler, and while some of the OST is amazing, others are pretty bad.

It's still a good game even if I enjoyed 1 and 2 more.



Around the Network

I am a little confused with this series (never played any of them, but love the art and music of the series)

Is Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade Chronicles the same game?

and whats the difference between Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

What Xenobalde game(s) is the switch still missing?



我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

I am a little confused with this series (never played any of them, but love the art and music of the series)

Is Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade Chronicles the same game?

and whats the difference between Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

What Xenobalde game(s) is the switch still missing?

Xenoblade Chronicles is often referred to as Xenoblade 1 as it's the first in the series.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a different game, set in a different universe.

X is the one missing on Switch.



curl-6 said:
Ashadelo said:

I am a little confused with this series (never played any of them, but love the art and music of the series)

Is Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade Chronicles the same game?

and whats the difference between Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

What Xenobalde game(s) is the switch still missing?

Xenoblade Chronicles is often referred to as Xenoblade 1 as it's the first in the series.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a different game, set in a different universe.

X is the one missing on Switch.

Is X a prequel or something? Why isn't it a numbered game? Or is it a different genre? Kinda like gears of war tactics?



我是广州人

Ashadelo said:
curl-6 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles is often referred to as Xenoblade 1 as it's the first in the series.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is a different game, set in a different universe.

X is the one missing on Switch.

Is X a prequel or something? Why isn't it a numbered game? Or is it a different genre? Kinda like gears of war tactics?

Same genre but not the same storyline or universe, sorta like how the Final Fantasy games aren't narratively connected.



I’d prefer Xenoblade Chronicles X definitive edition or XCX2, but will probably enjoy XC3… especially if it leans more into the science fiction elements, as I feel that’s where Takahashi shines.

While I liked some of the direction change in XC2, I disliked others.

What I liked:
• More towns, and better town design.
• Great localization
• Later game cutscenes.

What I disliked:
• Horrendous pacing most of the game.
• Not very scenic compared to XC and XCX.
• Character art was generic.
• Discouraged exploration, interesting areas often had locks - you could get there eventually, but when you did, it was a long time after needing the stuff it offered or appreciating it.
• Rex was too kiddy and cartoony.
• Battle system was my least favourite since Xenosaga 3.

I noticed Soraya Saga tweeted about the Switch OLED which leads me to believe there is a potential XC themed model in the plans, as I don’t know if she’s tweet about it just because she like the idea of an OLED screen. And she’s the ultimate insider in terms of Xenoblade games.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.