By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Switch's Growing Third Party Problem" is the worst VGChartz article ever

Yeah this article was pretty dumb and written with a clear bias. Nintendo hasn't had much AAA third party support since they heyday of the SNES (though Gamecube did have a decent amount). Since the Wii, third parties have chosen to just go after the hyper-realistic graphics crowd while Nintendo has chosen to go with more unique, innovative, and less expensive hardware design. It's not like suddenly Nintendo won't get AAA third party support anymore, cuz that event literally took place 25 years ago!

There is no growing third party problem with the Switch, it's the same situation Nintendo has been in for essentially the past 25 years. Switch is getting more large third party support with every passing year, as it continues to dominate the market and blow everything else away. Switch will continue to sell very well because it's got a unique hardware design that appeals to people, it's got the top notch first party Nintendo games that everyone wants to play, and it's the best way to play indies - those are the big three selling points and none of that is changing. If anything AAA 3rd party support is increasing on the Switch, not becoming a problem.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

It did it's job garnering a reaction though.

But I do agree with your sentiments that it's full of assertions... But truth be told, I never came to vgchartz for the articles anyway.

So you come for the VGChartz centrefolds, not me I'm only here for the articles, since while I appreciate Trucks enthusiasm 6 VGChartz playmate of the month entries in a row is a bit much.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

SKMBlake said:
GoOnKid said:

To Ryuzaki. When we critize your article, we are not criticizing you as a person, but only the article. Recently I learned that this is obvious but that it can still be mixed up, so even the obvious things must be said from time to time.

Your article was very biased and the critique you get for it is not meant personally. But you could have done much better if you tried to be more objective.

I hope he won't take it personnally, or else I'll feel bad about it :/

Why make a thread about it then?, the article itself had plenty of replies that addressed the article and it's shortcomings including yours and while I agree with your overall view and find fault in authors reasonings I noticed the reply was done in a very personalised manner and here we have GoOnKid starting off by saying" your article was biased "as if that's a valid form of critique and couldn't be seen as an attack on someone's integrity.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I'm getting the oled switch. Can someone recommend the top 5 games I must purchase first, excluding botw.

Apparently 1st Party sales really do account for 80% of Switch software sales. p20

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/210506_4e.pdf

That is not a healthy ratio to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Apparently 1st Party sales really do account for 80% of Switch software sales. p20

40% of digital sales are only digital games, add-ons, and NSO, this 40% have digital-only games and these games don't count of total of software sales( Nintendo counts only package sales and theirs digital versions)

The percentage of thirds party games with the package and digital version is 20%, Among Us, have only digital version and sells gangbusters it's not in this count, one example. Golf Story, Kamiko and go on. 

The great third-party support came for indies developers( digital-only, the majority). The rest only punctual releases and late port.  And AA and A Japanese now are improving( and you can look on Media create posts). 

Last edited by Agente42 - on 27 July 2021

mjk45 said:
SKMBlake said:

I hope he won't take it personnally, or else I'll feel bad about it :/

Why make a thread about it then?, the article itself had plenty of replies that addressed the article and it's shortcomings including yours and while I agree with your overall view and find fault in authors reasonings I noticed the reply was done in a very personalised manner and here we have GoOnKid starting off by saying" your article was biased "as if that's a valid form of critique and couldn't be seen as an attack on someone's integrity.

Well, I thought it wasn't necessary to repeat all the shortcomings so by saying "your article was biased" I thought I'd just summarize what everyone else had already said. But I can see your point, that sentence wasn't needed, I admit.

Signalstar said:

The thing is, when they report that " X 3rd party games sold over a million" they don't mean actual 3rd party games in general but games they publish themselves, that's already a huge difference.

mjk45 said:
Pemalite said:

It did it's job garnering a reaction though.

But I do agree with your sentiments that it's full of assertions... But truth be told, I never came to vgchartz for the articles anyway.

So you come for the VGChartz centrefolds, not me I'm only here for the articles, since while I appreciate Trucks enthusiasm 6 VGChartz playmate of the month entries in a row is a bit much.

Actually here for the kitten cuddling contest that the staff throw on a bi-weekly basis with 6 figure winning cash prizes.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KratosLives said:

I'm getting the oled switch. Can someone recommend the top 5 games I must purchase first, excluding botw.

What types of games do you like?