By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve releasing Switch competitor SteamDeck Dec 2021, $399, Zen 2 CPU and RDNA 2 GPU

Wow, that's one cool piece of tech. I want to get one just to have version 1 lol.

But I don't really play on handhelds and it's rather awkward to use on TV I imagine.

Around the Network

The more I look to it the better is gets. With this I can finally play Xbox games that I never wanted to play in fist place. I will have a full setup to play Sony, MS, Nintendo and third parties

I hope it releases on Brazil soon, maybe next year

Can it do gyro-aiming?

KLAMarine said:

Can it do gyro-aiming?

Yes

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Darc Requiem said:
Alistair said:

No you can't upgrade the internal one later. Instead you use high speed micro SD card, just like the Switch. The price is perfectly reasonable, use your SD card instead. Also Apple and others charge $400 for 500GB of added storage, I don't see how you can complain if Valve is asking for just $130. This is a small integrated device, not a motherboard.

104MB/s Micro SD cards aren't going to cut it. That makes the Steam Deck a big nope from me. 

The fastest SD cards are more than fast enough. And you can just buy the NVMe edition if you want faster storage.

Around the Network

You never know with Valve products. Wish them well, the machine looks interesting.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Tbh, while I dont think this will effect any of the consoles sales that much either way, I could see this hurting XBX&S sales a little more than Switch. Switch is such a different market that I dont think it means anything for them and while this is significantly less powerful than a new Xbox, its cheaper and *for now* is able to play all the games on it plus PC exclusives. Again, only in theory tho, idk if this is gonna sell very well in the first place

Remember the Steambox and how they were going to kill the weaker consoles that were already on the market?

/thread

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Remember the Steambox and how they were going to kill the weaker consoles that were already on the market?

/thread

You better be careful with this comment in 2023 when the thing has sold more than 100 million units. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

also its 660 grams.

thats uh, a LOT heavier then the switch. the switch is 300g without joycons, 400 with it, and the lite is 275g.