By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tokyo 2020/2021 Olympic Summer Games Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Will You Watch the Olympics

Yes, I will follow the events closely 6 24.00%

Yes, I will follow the events casually 12 48.00%

No, I am not interested in the events at all 7 28.00%

Total:25

Finally had time to watch the opening ceremony.

Liked the drones spectacle and the pictograms section.

Worst thing was Italy's outfit... Ouch!

https://sports.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympics-armani-designed-the-opening-ceremonys-worst-outfits-124212386.htm

EDIT: Sorry, can't embed the photo on mobile...

Last edited by TomaTito - on 28 July 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Netherlands had a slow start for the first four days. But looking into it, it looks like this has been the norm for all Olympics since 2000, so technically we were still 'on schedule'. Today however, I wake up to a true landslide of medals. Seven (7!) new medals on day five. Gold, two silver and bronze in Rowing, and Gold, silver and bronze in cycling. Seven medals in a day matches the Dutch record for most medals in a day which has stood since 1928. There can even be more today as well, with a bit of luck there'll be two bronze medals in Judo as well later today.

EDIT: One of the two Judo medals, so score today is 8, a new Dutch record.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 28 July 2021

TomaTito said:

Reminds me of Pepsi.

Last edited by Barozi - on 28 July 2021

Barozi said:
TomaTito said:

Reminds me of Pepsi.

It also looks similar to Pac-Man.

Thanks, I wasn't able to post the damn pic. Site doesn't want to work with mobile, things take triple the time.

I also embedded the other clips I liked from the opening in my previous clip.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I really want somewhere to watch volley matches and gymastics competion

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Philippines won their first gold Medal in forever.

Big congrats to them! Amazing how strong those lifters are!

Italy winning the Men's 100 meter and the Men's high jump gold metal is very impressive.

Netherlands won a Bronze medal (in sailing) this morning and a Gold medal just now (in track cycling) taking the total to 20 medals, which now beats the final amount of Rio, which stopped at 19 and equals London 2012. In Rio however, 8 of those 19 were Gold while there's only 6 Gold now. The record for Netherlands in Summer Olympics is 25 medals total in Sydney 2000, of which 12 were Gold. Can we make it?

EDIT: Also, at the moment 9th in the overall medal table, but obviously this changes pretty much by the minute. The best final placement there is 8th in Amsterdam 1928. Can we make that?

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 03 August 2021

Y'all see the 14yo diver racking up perfect scores left and right?

https://youtu.be/QXg30_BgOEQ (can't embed)

Unreal.

Italy winning the men's 4X100m sprint relay was also very impressive. The US men's track team used to dominate that event now they completely suck at it since they didn't even make the finals. The most impressive performance overall was Karsten Warholm winning the 400m hurdles and beating his own world record time that he just set a couple of month earlier and the guys that finished 2nd and 3rd also set new personal best times.