By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tokyo 2020/2021 Olympic Summer Games Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Will You Watch the Olympics

Yes, I will follow the events closely 6 24.00%

Yes, I will follow the events casually 12 48.00%

No, I am not interested in the events at all 7 28.00%

Total:25
Chris Hu said:

Italy winning the men's 4X100m sprint relay was also very impressive. The US men's track team used to dominate that event now they completely suck at it since they didn't even make the finals. The most impressive performance overall was Karsten Warholm winning the 400m hurdles and beating his own world record time that he just set a couple of month earlier and the guys that finished 2nd and 3rd also set new personal best times.

Without Bolt, 100m, 4x100m, and 200m it´s not funny anymore.

Around the Network

Answer was we could.

Some amazing, expected and unexpected, hard fought medals later the endscore is a whopping 36 medals! 10 Gold, 12 Silver and 14 Bronze, for a 7th place in the medal table. The total number and ranking in the medal table are a new national record and without the UK we were the highest ranked EU country, though France, Germany and Italy had the same amount of Gold. I don’t think this could’ve gone any better.

All the medals and all the athletes have been great, but especially, speaking of my country, I loved those that were unexpected, like the Silvers of Nageeye on the marathon and the mixed-team archers, those that were claimed by complete domination like the women’s hockey, those that got ultimate revenge like Van Vleuten in track cycling and Badloe in sailing and those that rose above themselves and achieved something unique like Hassan in athletics and Lavreysen in track cycling.

On to Beijing and Paris!

TomaTito said:

Finally had time to watch the opening ceremony.

Liked the drones spectacle and the pictograms section.

Worst thing was Italy's outfit... Ouch!

https://sports.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympics-armani-designed-the-opening-ceremonys-worst-outfits-124212386.htm

EDIT: Sorry, can't embed the photo on mobile...

Why it looks like a Pizza with a slice eaten very appropriate.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

S.Peelman said:

Answer was we could.

Some amazing, expected and unexpected, hard fought medals later the endscore is a whopping 36 medals! 10 Gold, 12 Silver and 14 Bronze, for a 7th place in the medal table. The total number and ranking in the medal table are a new national record and without the UK we were the highest ranked EU country, though France, Germany and Italy had the same amount of Gold. I don’t think this could’ve gone any better.

All the medals and all the athletes have been great, but especially, speaking of my country, I loved those that were unexpected, like the Silvers of Nageeye on the marathon and the mixed-team archers, those that were claimed by complete domination like the women’s hockey, those that got ultimate revenge like Van Vleuten in track cycling and Badloe in sailing and those that rose above themselves and achieved something unique like Hassan in athletics and Lavreysen in track cycling.

On to Beijing and Paris!

You were the highest ranked EU country no need to bring outsiders into the equation, they had their chance to compete for the EU medal tally and  instead chose  brexit!!, but the sly poms will still claim to be Europe's top olympic country.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 August 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot