By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: how many of you would be buying an upgraded NS?

Would you buy a

Yes, even though my Switch still works fine 40 45.98%

Yes, I'm someone who woul... 8 9.20%

Yes, because my machine i... 2 2.30%

No, I'll stick with the OG version 15 17.24%

No, I have no interest in... 1 1.15%

Maybe, I'll have to know ... 21 24.14%

Total:87

I got the Mariko upgrade when that launched for the extra battery life, I paid €130 to import an MClassic just to add AA onto the Switch.... will buy a Pro Day one if they're available (which I strongly doubt they'll be) but yeah, I play the Switch daily, it's been my number one system since it launched, any improvements at all would be welcome especially considering I'm now gaming on a 4k projector which really shows up Switches lack of power in certain area's.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I'll definitely buy a Switch Pro day one. I've had mine since launch year, works great, and it's been my favorite system since then. I've bought more games for it than any other platform I've owned.

I still have the original one, but i might upgrade is the improvements are solid.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Depends entirely on three things: new features, exclusive games, and when Switch 2 will be coming.

If games are coming out on OG Switch but look/run better on Pro, I'll stick with OG Switch.

If Pro has a handful of exclusives like New Nintendo 3ds, hard pass. If the Pro has a LOT of exclusives (that also aren't freely available on Gamepass PC for me) then I will almost certainly buy it. The more confusing part is if it has like 10-15 exclusives, more than the new 3ds had but way less than "a lot." I'm not certain what I will do then.

Part of me wants Pro to not do well so we don't have to wait for their next actual system (not some pitiful mid-gen upgrade like the Pro will be). If it takes the Pro bombing in order to get Switch 2 by 2023 or 2024 I will gladly accept that.

SanAndreasX said:

I'll definitely buy a Switch Pro day one. I've had mine since launch year, works great, and it's been my favorite system since then. I've bought more games for it than any other platform I've owned.

Yeah, mine too. There's something about the convenience of picking it up and playing any way I want or can that is a huge plus in my book.

Around the Network

At this point, with 84 votes, so far the number of people who desire to upgrade is more than double of those on the fence and triple relatively to the ones that do not wish to get a new model. I wonder how much that would extrapolate into the consumer world. I think that, for such a desirable product, this seems to cater most notably for the ones like myself who want an excuse to get another Switch.