By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: how many of you would be buying an upgraded NS?

Would you buy a

Yes, even though my Switch still works fine 40 45.98%

Yes, I'm someone who woul... 8 9.20%

Yes, because my machine i... 2 2.30%

No, I'll stick with the OG version 15 17.24%

No, I have no interest in... 1 1.15%

Maybe, I'll have to know ... 21 24.14%

Total:87

I have not found a thread about this around here, so I would like to know: if you are a Switch owner, would you buy an upgraded version of your current hybrid machine? If so, are you interested in simply having better tech or you want to replace your device for some other reason? And, in this case, what would that reason be? I'm interested in knowing how many of you are willing to make the jump, or even looking forward to it.

Also, to extend the discussion a bit: for the ones who do not own a Switch yet (?!), would you buy an improved version of it if there were one?

Edit 1: added a "maybe" option to the poll, that did not exist two hours ago, when the questions were published. As of now, we have 16 votes for "yes" in the two first forms of the question, and 7 for "no" from the Switch owners.

Last edited by farlaff - on 22 June 2021

Around the Network

Me cause my sister keeps stealing my switch

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Me cause my sister keeps stealing my switch

Lol, cool. There is an option that seems tailor made for your situation in the poll.

I certainly am because I have a 65in 4K Samsung QLED TV, and even though I buy Nintendo first party games only, most games look very dated with either low resolution, framerate, or graphics fidelity. So, I stick to my gaming PC most the time and stick to playing my Switch in handheld mode. With an upgraded Switch Pro that can offer 4K resolution and higher graphical fidelity though, I'm ALL IN and would play nonstop on my TV! Framerate, as long as something like Breath of the Wild 2 is at a solid 30fps with no framerate drops, I'm fine with that.

I think there should be an option for undecided. Some of us like to know exactly what we'd be getting before plopping down hundreds of hard-earned dollars.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

I think there should be an option for undecided. Some of us like to know exactly what we'd be getting before plopping down hundreds of hard-earned dollars.

Inserted a "maybe" option as per your request. :)

Maybe. It really depends on the specs and/or how much it upgrades BOTW 2. If the 4k docked rumors are true then I would definitely get it.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

My wife or my niece would get mine if I get an upgraded Switch.

I was originally planning to gift it to my nephew, but considering he would never connect it to a TV, I think a Lite would be better for him. My niece on the other hand would play Just Dance (she absolutely loves dancing) and RFA, so she would need a connection to the TV.

I'd take better joy cons but otherwise I'm good.

Would be a day 1 upgrade for me. - Even though I can count the amount of games I have completed on 1 hand, it's still a handy little device when I am being deployed around the country.

Would likely donate my current switch to a kid who doesn't get the opportunity to get shiny toys.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--