By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How well do you think Metroid Dread will sell?

Predict Metroid Dread Sales

1M or less 3 3.23%

1M to 2M 21 22.58%

2M to 3M 34 36.56%

3M + 35 37.63%

Total:93

I think it will sell around 2.5 million, but anything north of 5 million would be a surprise to me. Switch versions of games tend to be top sellers for franchises. Plus at least for me, I don't see a lot of great single player games coming out the rest of the year. The games still coming out this year that I will purchase include Metroid Dread, Tales of Arise, and Horizon Zero Dawn if it comes out this year. I'll probably get Kena as well assuming the reviews are decent. There are a few other games that may sway me but only 3 for sure purchases.

Around the Network

My heart says 5 million, my brain says 2.5... I think that averages to... 3.75? I'll go with that.

I think it'll sell over 2 million.

JWeinCom said:

My heart says 5 million, my brain says 2.5... I think that averages to... 3.75? I'll go with that.

Seems like a tough proposition to me, but hopefully you're right. I don't think a single Metroid game has ever come close to those numbers, has it? I feel like the sales data for Metroid titles is very elusive. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
JWeinCom said:

Seems like a tough proposition to me, but hopefully you're right. I don't think a single Metroid game has ever come close to those numbers, has it? I feel like the sales data for Metroid titles is very elusive. 

VGChartz has the highest selling game in the series as Metroid Prime 1 at 2.82 million.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

i'm going with this numbers as well, of course it could also fuck up and going bellow 1.5 - 1 million that was the average for other not most successful games in the series.

OP, how about adding a poll, to help us track where most feel it will fall.
Will be interesting to look back on in a year's time (or more) to see how the sales compare to the poll results.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

OP, how about adding a poll, to help us track where most feel it will fall.
Will be interesting to look back on in a year's time (or more) to see how the sales compare to the poll results.

Added

I’m predicting less than 2 million, but will be very happy to be proven wrong.
If it ends up out selling Hollow Knight I’ll be happily astonished.

It is entirely possible it gets the "Switch effect" and sells 5 million or more. However, realistically I see it selling 2 to 3 million.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.