By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp Announced for Switch, Launches December 3rd

Definitely excited for this one. Loved the first, but never got around to buying the second back in the day. Would love to revisit the series, and hope it means more Advance Wars may come out someday.

I haven't gotten into Fire Emblem, so I was always hoping this would make a comeback.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Master Quest
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2015 - Super Mario Maker
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Around the Network

El O EL at new one. 

Never played Advance Wars but it's been a series I was hoping they'd bring back on the Switch, exactly the type of portable Nintendo series I figured we'd get as part of the hybrid nature of the Switch. Glad it is finally coming. Will definitely pick this up at a ~$30 price tag, maybe $40. Hopefully it doesn't launch at $60 that'd be disappointing, but I suppose since they are remaking two games it'll likely be priced at $60.

Apparently, WayForward are the developers being tasked with this game with Intelligent Systems and Nintendo serving as supervisors.

WayForward certainly has gotten into Nintendo's good graces if they trust them with this. It's actually a very good thing because WayForward is a very talented and trustworthy team of developers who are more than capable of handling this, and it frees up Intelligent Systems to work on the next Fire Emblem.

(Nintendo, PLEASE THROW THEM A BONE! PUT SHANTAE IN SMASH!!!)

PAOerfulone said:

Apparently, WayForward are the developers being tasked with this game with Intelligent Systems and Nintendo serving as supervisors.

WayForward certainly has gotten into Nintendo's good graces if they trust them with this. It's actually a very good thing because WayForward is a very talented and trustworthy team of developers who are more than capable of handling this, and it frees up Intelligent Systems to work on the next Fire Emblem.

(Nintendo, PLEASE THROW THEM A BONE! PUT SHANTAE IN SMASH!!!)

That's actually pretty cool that this is made by Wayforward. They have made some good games over the years. Glad Nintendo is trusting a western studio with this game. Imo, giving the game over to an outside studio actually gives it a higher chances of Nintendo going back to that studio for a sequel than compared to an internal team.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Nintendo Treehouse gameplay footage for the game.

Boy do I really hate the soldier models on the map view. I don't mind the rest of the art style, but those soldiers suck.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

The COs look great. The ability to speed up the animations is an awesome feature. I think they said you can just turn them off too. The maps look good. I do agree the units look a little odd. Seems like they did the fastest, cheapest job possible on those.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Master Quest
Wii U - Currently Gaming Like It's 2015 - Super Mario Maker
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

My favorite announcement from E3. I had to message my brother about it. We are both so excited for this game.

I like the art style. Y'all crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

My favorite announcement from E3. I had to message my brother about it. We are both so excited for this game.

I like the art style. Y'all crazy.

Just went watched the Treehouse footage, and I don't see what the problem is with the art style or graphics either. Matches the atmosphere of the original games nicely. Would be nice if you could switch back to sprites, but you won't hear a peep of complaint out of me.

I'm on the fence. Never played the first so I am interested but for $60?