By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War & GT7 Delayed to 2022, Cross Gen For PS4/PS5

SvennoJ said:
smroadkill15 said:

Do you have any sources to back this up or just what you believe has happened? 

No sources, just my experience with PD. Do you have any sources that claim GT7 was always meant to be a cross gen release?

Based on how games are usually developed says otherwise. It doesn't help that Sony kept information about cross-gen releases about other titles like Spider-man:MM, God of War, and Horizon from the public. This is why I find it hard to believe they suddenly decided to make GT7 cross-gen. 

I don't actually care how Sony handles their games. If they want to be cross-gen or not doesn't bother me. But they did withhold information and if someone who has or wants a PS5 is upset about this, I don't see anything wrong with that considering how Sony basically lied about believing in generations. Then seeing so many coming to the defense of Sony is strange, but not surprising. 

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Based on how games are usually developed says otherwise. It doesn't help that Sony kept information about cross-gen releases about other titles like Spider-man:MM, God of War, and Horizon from the public. This is why I find it hard to believe they suddenly decided to make GT7 cross-gen. 

I don't actually care how Sony handles their games. If they want to be cross-gen or not doesn't bother me. But they did withhold information and if someone who has or wants a PS5 is upset about this, I don't see anything wrong with that considering how Sony basically lied about believing in generations. Then seeing so many coming to the defense of Sony is strange, but not surprising. 

Not everything is all or nothing, black and white. I'm sure Sony still 'believes' in generations, just not at the same level you do. I'm sure MS also still believes in generations, why release the Series at all if they don't? The One X is more than capable.

What is the defense here anyway? PR speak is lies by nature. Stop falling for it. Actions speak louder than words. Look at what they do, don't listen to what they say. It's simple, yet every time a PR puppet opens their mouth we go around the same circus again.

Anyway here's a quote from Eurogamer

As you'd expect, these announcements sparked a vociferous debate, with many picking out PlayStation boss Jim Ryan's prior "... we believe in generations" quote as evidence of Sony's hypocrisy.

I don't much like Jim Ryan or all of this cross-gen crap, but it's really annoying how this quote is always taken out of context to stoke outrage.

In the interview it was a direct answer to being asked about Microsoft's policy that all their upcoming games would be playable on Xbox One consoles. He states that they believe in putting features and capabilities into their new hardware that aren't available on the previous generation, and that people should make games that make the most of those. Not that every game made should be next-gen exclusive, but at least some should.

It's only lies when you take it out of context with all or nothing thinking, but whatever, it was PR, don't listen to it.

Oh and about PD, I'm pretty sure Kaz is throwing a tantrum having to support PS4 for GT7 :)

PotentHerbs said:

It's officially confirmed, God of War & GT7 delayed to 2022, & both have PS4 versions. My hype for next generation has gone down massively. I'm not feeling inclined to buy a PS5 until a revision/ price cut at this point. Sony straight up lying with "we believe in generations" and its a shame. Out of all their PR blunders, this one is the worst.

Hermen Hulst Q&A: What’s Next for PlayStation Studios – PlayStation.Blog

They mentioned prior to the ps5 releasing that they will continue to support the ps4 on big titles for the next 2 or 3 years. I can't believe anyone thought these two games which have been in development years before the ps5 launched, will only be on ps5..

What's wrong with Gow2 being on ps4, considering the game is sequel continuing right after the first. Ps5 version will have 60fps, ray tracing,  better textures etc. For a sequel I would'nt expect anything more.

Same with gt sport, game came out in 2017. Gt7 on ps5 will have 60 fps, ray tracing, wide color gamut support, much faster loading. The game is already stunning on base ps4, so no way will the ps4 version be holding back the ps5.

Don't kid yourselves, did anyone really expect Gow to release this year, just 3 years of development time? And gt7 on the first year of ps5 where many people can't get one? 

Just had to refresh my memory via Google; in their first year, in terms of AAA "next gen" exclusives, PS4 and Xbone got:

- Infamous Second Son

- Driveclub

- Killzone Shadowfall

- Sunset Overdrive

- Dead Rising 3

- Ryse Son of Rome

- Lords of the Fallen

Most big games were still crossgen even back then, but unless there are multiple big PS5/XS exclusives coming this year we don't know about, it's still better than the 9th gen's first year is shaping up to be.

curl-6 said:

Just had to refresh my memory via Google; in their first year, in terms of AAA "next gen" exclusives, PS4 and Xbone got:

- Infamous Second Son

- Driveclub

- Killzone Shadowfall

- Sunset Overdrive

- Dead Rising 3

- Ryse Son of Rome

- Lords of the Fallen

Most big games were still crossgen even back then, but unless there are multiple big PS5/XS exclusives coming this year we don't know about, it's still better than the 9th gen's first year is shaping up to be.

I dont know about that. Demons soul, godfall, ratchet and clank, returnal and that car game I dont remember the name off, have them beat in numbers alone and the year is not done. Not to mention this gen also received a lot better critical reception. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

- Infamous Second Son

- Driveclub

- Killzone Shadowfall

- Sunset Overdrive

- Dead Rising 3

- Ryse Son of Rome

- Lords of the Fallen

I dont know about that. Demons soul, godfall, ratchet and clank, returnal and that car game I dont remember the name off, have them beat in numbers alone and the year is not done. Not to mention this gen also received a lot better critical reception. 

Demon's Souls isn't an exclusive as it's on PS3, and if we're gonna include Returnal then we should include Resogun on PS4, so 8th gen's first year is still comfortably more impressive in my view.

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

Demon's Souls isn't an exclusive as it's on PS3, and if we're gonna include Returnal then we should include Resogun on PS4, so 8th gen's first year is still comfortably more impressive in my view.

Demon souls is an exclusive, as it's remade from the ground up and not just a remaster. So visually , performance wise, it is a true next gen exclusive. That along with spiderman, ratchet, returnal, overall puts it ahead of ps4. I found ps4's first year to be lackluster to be honest. Killzone wasn't as good as part2/3, and infamous was was good but not as great as the first 2 games.

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

Even doing so still brings us to 4 vs 4. And again its only June. Asuming we get at least one more game the rest of the year and it still better in raw numbers. Preference is another matter. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

KratosLives said:
curl-6 said:

Demon souls is an exclusive, as it's remade from the ground up and not just a remaster. So visually , performance wise, it is a true next gen exclusive. That along with spiderman, ratchet, returnal, overall puts it ahead of ps4. I found ps4's first year to be lackluster to be honest.

Demon's Souls is a 2009 game with updated graphics; so while it's true that the graphics are made for PS5, the game design itself is not. Spiderman isn't exclusive either, it's a PS4 game with a few extra visual bells and whistles.

I actually completely agree PS4's first year was lacklustre. I just find PS5's even weaker.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Even doing so still brings us to 4 vs 4. And again its only June. Asuming we get at least one more game the rest of the year and it still better in raw numbers. Preference is another matter. 

Preference isn't another matter, it's the point. Nothing on PS5 feels to me like an impressive experience in the way that, say, Infamous Second Son or even Killzone did visually speaking.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2021