By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War & GT7 Delayed to 2022, Cross Gen For PS4/PS5

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

Even doing so still brings us to 4 vs 4. And again its only June. Asuming we get at least one more game the rest of the year and it still better in raw numbers. Preference is another matter. 

Preference isn't another matter, it's the point. Nothing on PS5 feels to me like an impressive experience in the way that, say, Infamous Second Son or even Killzone did visually speaking.

Then maybe start with that. I cannot argue against someones preferences. Just remember the list wars early 8th gen where PlayStation had double the games as xbox and Xbox fans resorted to" I dont like those games" therefore xbox has more games. Dont fall into that trap.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Preference isn't another matter, it's the point. Nothing on PS5 feels to me like an impressive experience in the way that, say, Infamous Second Son or even Killzone did visually speaking.

Then maybe start with that. I cannot argue against someones preferences. Just remember the list wars early 8th gen where PlayStation had double the games as xbox and Xbox fans resorted to" I dont like those games" therefore xbox has more games. Dont fall into that trap.

I've never pretended to be stating anything other than my opinion, I hardly think I have to write "IMO" after every post.

I'm simply of the humble opinion that crossgen is resulting in new generations not really feeling exciting and new consoles lacking impressive experiences, and it's making me not want to buy a PS5 or an Xbox Series, that's all.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2021

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

I've never pretended to be stating anything other than my opinion, I hardly think I have to write "IMO" after every post.

I'm simply of the humble opinion that crossgen is resulting in new generations not really feeling exciting and new consoles lacking impressive experiences, that's all.

Of that I agree. The less exclusive games the less reasons I have to upgrade. Unfortunally for me im a huge ratchet and clank fan. So even with my displeasure in the overall direction, my purchase of a ps5 will look like confirmation to the higher ups. So I can only complain in these kind of forums. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

I'm simply of the humble opinion that crossgen is resulting in new generations not really feeling exciting and new consoles lacking impressive experiences, that's all.

Of that I agree. The less exclusive games the less reasons I have to upgrade. Unfortunally for me im a huge ratchet and clank fan. So even with my displeasure in the overall direction, my purchase of a ps5 will look like confirmation to the higher ups. So I can only complain in these kind of forums. 

Yeah that's fair enough. Sorry if I came across as being a negative nancy. I just wish companies would commit to big next gen experiences the way they used to. Like if MS announced that Hellblade 2 is gonna be crossgen I'd be really disappointed.

Guess i'm not buying a PS5 until next year.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
KratosLives said:

Demon souls is an exclusive, as it's remade from the ground up and not just a remaster. So visually , performance wise, it is a true next gen exclusive. That along with spiderman, ratchet, returnal, overall puts it ahead of ps4. I found ps4's first year to be lackluster to be honest.

Demon's Souls is a 2009 game with updated graphics; so while it's true that the graphics are made for PS5, the game design itself is not. Spiderman isn't exclusive either, it's a PS4 game with a few extra visual bells and whistles.

I actually completely agree PS4's first year was lacklustre. I just find PS5's even weaker.

Devs are still coming to grips with the new hardware. I don't think you will see a major shift in game design for atleast another 2 years. Plus not al games going forward need a major shift in game design. There are many people who will play demon souls and be wowed by it and as it stands you can't play it on ps4. Also demon souls on ps3 had abysmal frame rates at times, and the jump to 60fps is huge. Also the audio has been improved .  Personally I'm not sure if I want to play it, because I platinumed the game on ps3, was probably my first platinum and most rewarding, and part of me feels like replaying the game takes away the awesome memories I already kept a place somewhere in my heart/mind , I don't want to erase what to me was already complete and special, so I might give the remake a miss. But my wife never played it so I will be getting it for her.

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

Yeah that's fair enough. Sorry if I came across as being a negative nancy. I just wish companies would commit to big next gen experiences the way they used to. Like if MS announced that Hellblade 2 is gonna be crossgen I'd be really disappointed.

Not a problem. Dont worry im holding back some very negative assumptions that I'm wating till the e3 conferences so I dont look so famboish. But I'm ready to point finguers here and get angry lol. 

KratosLives said:
curl-6 said:

Demon's Souls is a 2009 game with updated graphics; so while it's true that the graphics are made for PS5, the game design itself is not. Spiderman isn't exclusive either, it's a PS4 game with a few extra visual bells and whistles.

I actually completely agree PS4's first year was lacklustre. I just find PS5's even weaker.

Devs are still coming to grips with the new hardware. I don't think you will see a major shift in game design for atleast another 2 years. Plus not al games going forward need a major shift in game design. There are many people who will play demon souls and be wowed by it and as it stands you can't play it on ps4. Also demon souls on ps3 had abysmal frame rates at times, and the jump to 60fps is huge. Also the audio has been improved .  Personally I'm not sure if I want to play it, because I platinumed the game on ps3, was probably my first platinum and most rewarding, and part of me feels like replaying the game takes away the awesome memories I already kept a place somewhere in my heart/mind , I don't want to erase what to me was already complete and special, so I might give the remake a miss. But my wife never played it so I will be getting it for her.

I know what you mean. For me thats diablo 2. Every time I come back to that game it hurts a bit more that the game dosent resemble my memories. I'm looking foward to that remake to make my memories match better reality. 

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Demon's Souls isn't an exclusive as it's on PS3, and if we're gonna include Returnal then we should include Resogun on PS4, so 8th gen's first year is still comfortably more impressive in my view.

We shouldn't equate a $70 AAA (or more accurately "AA") to a PSN Indie (later ported to PS3 and Vita), you're just not being objective here. This generation's weaker start is entirely Microsoft's fault. PS5's early exclusives are of higher quality than PS4's, MUCH higher if CrossGen is included. Which is very impressive in the context of PS4's excellent last year lineup.

I think the relative lack of wow factor is partly the result of diminishing returns, not Sony's choices. If Rift Apart didn't impress you, then nothing will at this point. I think the other reason is we're gonna have to wait for the engines to be redesigned to accommodate the massive jump in CPU and storage system. These were the two areas where PS4/XONE had a modest jump over Gen 7.

The UE5 demo shown last May impressed me. I want to see that level of fidelity in an actual game.

Diminishing returns are definitely a factor, we're in agreement there, but I feel like having to cater to low end 2013 CPUs and mid range 2013 GPUs, not to mention HDDs in crossgen games can't be discounted as a factor either.

The start of this console generation has not been that great, too many cross-gen games from Sony and because of the supply issue it's almost impossible to get an PS5.

We will now have corridors loading times in God of War 2 and gameplay will probably be held back by this game being cross-gen. The positive thing about God of War 2 being cross-gen is that Santa Monica will get some experience developing a game on PS5 before they go full PS5.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!