By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Hub Thread - TIme to wrap up! Nintendo poll up

What was your favorite part of Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp 3 8.82%

Cruis'n Blast 0 0%

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors: AoC Puls... 0 0%

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 13 38.24%

Mario Party Superstars 0 0%

Metroid Dread 11 32.35%

Shin Megami Tensei 5 5 14.71%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 0 0%

Warioware: Get It Together! 2 5.88%

Total:34
Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Elden Ring! Show (Summer Games Fest) was saved.

Yeah, it looks truly amazing. I have no freakin' idea what's going on in the story but I kinda don't care. The team behind this has a pedigree that has never gone wrong (Demon's souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, and Sekiro are all among my all-time faves)

Even if the trailer looked bad I'd still be excited. When you succeed that much, I think faith is earned. 

And the trailer looked amazing, too. Can't wait for more traversal and horseback riding. So excited. so very, very excited. I 100% doubt ANYTHING else shown at ANY of the E3 conferences will make me as wet as this trailer. 

Thought you'd appreciate the trailer lol. The game didn't look hot from a graphics POV but I love the new dark fantastical creature designs and setting. And the mount and combat looks like it could be interesting dynamic.. But yeah they're pretty much gold as far as I'm concerned and it looks like they're going all out on this one. And that Berserk-like armour!

Weird that they showed this at this, and not the E3 conference but I'll take it

Last edited by hinch - on 10 June 2021

Around the Network

Not even E3 yet and so far, in between EA bringing Battlefield (6) back to its roots and Elden Ring at SGF. Super pumped. Only 2 days to go.

Last edited by hinch - on 10 June 2021

Elden Ring looks fantastic, I'm generally not into Souls-like games, but I'm sure this one will be a game of the year contender.

hinch said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, it looks truly amazing. I have no freakin' idea what's going on in the story but I kinda don't care. The team behind this has a pedigree that has never gone wrong (Demon's souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, and Sekiro are all among my all-time faves)

Even if the trailer looked bad I'd still be excited. When you succeed that much, I think faith is earned. 

And the trailer looked amazing, too. Can't wait for more traversal and horseback riding. So excited. so very, very excited. I 100% doubt ANYTHING else shown at ANY of the E3 conferences will make me as wet as this trailer. 

Thought you'd appreciate the trailer lol. The game didn't look hot from a graphics POV but I love the new dark fantastical creature designs and setting. And the mount and combat looks like it could be interesting dynamic.. But yeah they're pretty much gold as far as I'm concerned and it looks like they're going all out on this one. And that Berserk-like armour!

Weird that they showed this at this, and not the E3 conference but I'll take it

Fromsoft's games have never been all that pretty or intense in terms of graphics. Even for their time Dark Souls and Bloodborne were pretty lame. I mean, Bloodborne's art direction was MINT, but its actual graphics were fine. Nothing special. I expect Elden Ring to follow the same suit and be a masterpiece in all elements but presentation. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

So I'm new to this sub-genre. I played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which I've heard people compare to Dark Souls as an easier alternative. Never got into the Dark Soul's game due to the creepiness of everything + difficulty. Is Elden Ring's trying to find a happy balance between them or will it be harder like Dark Souls? I like the style of the sub-genre, just not the difficulty of it so far.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

So I'm new to this sub-genre. I played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which I've heard people compare to Dark Souls as an easier alternative. Never got into the Dark Soul's game due to the creepiness of everything + difficulty. Is Elden Ring's trying to find a happy balance between them or will it be harder like Dark Souls? I like the style of the sub-genre, just not the difficulty of it so far.

Jedi fallen order is easily the easiest dark souls-like game.

We dont know much aout Elder Ring yet but it seems to be Dark Souls 4 in all but name.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It's a shame so many people stopped watched after the Elden Ring trailer since the Day of the Devs part was actually better than the main show, pretty much everything in it looked interesting and stuff like Death's Door and Vokabulantis in particular looked very nice. Overall for both segments this was quite good and I look forward to the rest of the events.

Geoff needs to stop kissing Kojima's ass. Please stop with the awful celebs in gaming events. That was the same crap that ruined the Spike TV awards. Boring show.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Geoff needs to stop kissing Kojima's ass. Please stop with the awful celebs in gaming events. That was the same crap that ruined the Spike TV awards. Boring show.

I think he should get another person to host his stuff. I really appreciate what he does for us, but he is not good at hosting. He just seems awkward and shy. Just looking away all the time and he just seems uncomfortable.

i dont get why any of these things without public on the location try to do more, just show the announcements and be done with it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.