By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Hub Thread - TIme to wrap up! Nintendo poll up

What was your favorite part of Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp 3 8.82%

Cruis'n Blast 0 0%

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors: AoC Puls... 0 0%

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 13 38.24%

Mario Party Superstars 0 0%

Metroid Dread 11 32.35%

Shin Megami Tensei 5 5 14.71%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 0 0%

Warioware: Get It Together! 2 5.88%

Total:34
Spade said:
Runa216 said:

For the poll, I voted Nintendo but Xbox/Bethesda is a close second because in my eyes it's basically the last chance they have to get me back on board. I'm excited to see what may be and what absolutely needs to happen in order to not walk away from the show disappointed. Nintendo will almost surely bring at least Smash Bros characters and updates on some of the games we know are coming but need more info on (Zelda, Bayonetta, Metroid, No more HEroes, Super Mario PArty 2, etc), and they usually have a run of indies and smaller games, so that's what I'm most excited for, but it's Microsoft I'm most interested in seeing. Because if they fail to bring us anything...AGAIN...then I just don't see the brand recovering.

Basically, anything short of 2+ hours of nothing but back to back exclusives with actual gameplay and proposed release dates is going to be a disappointment. That's what they need to stay in the race, as far as I'm concerned and I'm 50% convinced they'll pull it off. Because they have to. So far we've gotten plenty of acquisitions and game name reveals with minimal info and no real solid release dates on a tonne of Xbox stuff, so they have unlimited potential but almost no concrete information aside from 'Halo infinite should be coming out soon, I guess; oh, and we have Bethesda so we'll probably show something Starfield/Elder Scrolls, too.'

Point is, Nintendo and Microsoft are the two I'm most interested in. Nintendo because even if all they show is a new smash character I'm likely to fist pump over it, and Microsoft because so, SO much hinges on their presentation that it has to be good, right?

Show is not even two hours, and having those expectations is just setting up for disappointment. And clearly when all Nintendo needs to show is dlc smash character to get your "fist pumping." You've already shown your bias. Btw, we good, you can stay off board. 

Alright then, an hour of reveals. 

And dude come on, look at your avatar. Nintendo has been KILLING it the last few years and Smash is one of my all-time favourite games, so it will take very little for them to impress me whereas I've yet to see anything from Xbox for years now so they need to do a lot more to impress me. It's really that simple and I do not see how 'one company is doing well so simply maintaining that pace will keep me happy' vs 'another company is lagging behind and thus has to do a lot more to impress me' is that controversial of a statement. If both companies were starting from scratch then they'd both need equal work to impress me but we don't live in a vacuum and that context is important. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Hype! May the festivities begin!(Tomorrow)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

I thought E3 started on the 12th. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bandorr said:

Potential.
Will Ubisoft give me another Rayman? No probably not.
Will SE blow me away? They could. There is a lot of possibilities for new stuff, or new content for old stuff.
Will Namco hit me with a fun RPG looking game? Yes. They have ever year I think. But Typically through another company like MS/SE/Sony. Has Bandai ever done their own show?

And Nintendo. Bayonetta 3? Donkey kong? 2D mario? Mario Kart 9? so much potential. I have no faith though.

Bandai more reliable, SE more heavy hitters.

This is #3 for me because I REALLY wanna see Final Fantasy XVI And whatever this rumoured FF Souls-like is going to be. Oh, and whoever shows me more of Elden Ring is likely to win E3 for me. I loves me some Hidetaki Miyazaki and GRRM's writing/world building! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Nautilus said:

I thought E3 started on the 12th. 

Well, tecnically it does. But since the Summer Games Fest starts in less than an hour, and has E3 level announcements, I am( and Im sure most are) considering it a part of E3.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network

Hoping for some juicers in the next hour.

Oh, a Borderlands spin off game. That makes too much sense. Wonder why gearbox took this long to make one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS METAL SLUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

FUCK THAT IT IS A SPIN OFF; IT LOOKS WONDERFUL

Kojima is still a troll.

Carl said:

Kojima is still a troll.

prizewinning unlike well you know

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.