By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction Time! What will new Nintendo Switch be called?

What will the new Nintendo Switch be called?

New Nintendo Switch 15 30.00%

Nintendo Switch Pro 5 10.00%

Nintendo Switch 4K 0 0%

Super Nintendo Switch 21 42.00%

Other (answer in post below) 9 18.00%

Total:50
Wman1996 said:

It will be something not used by Nintendo before, or their big competitors. I'm not expecting New or Pro. I don't think Super would be good if this is only a mid-gen upgrade. Super would go back to the Super NES, which was a successor to the NES. If Nintendo uses Super again for a console, it should be for a Switch 2.

I think it's going to be
Nintendo Switch Plus
or
Nintendo Switch Deluxe

Nintendo Switch Deluxe sounds very possible.

I was going to say "New Nintendo Switch", but that would be the same as New Nintendo 3DS.

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch Plus

New Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch Ultra

Nintendo Switch 4K

Nintendo Switch XL

Nintendo Switch DX or Deluxe.

Last edited by Leynos - on 28 May 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

New Nintendo Switch Pro

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I’m betting on a simple replacement/phasing out of the hybrid, Nintendo Switch, plain simple.

Chicho said:

Nintendo Switch Plus stylized NS+

I had the exact same idea.

Around the Network

The biggest issue in their way is naming it something that gives them room for their next gen device to have success. If they name it Super Switch, then enough people will buy it thinking it is the next gen device and therefore their actual next device will be in a similar situation with the Wii U (if it has a Switch based name). The name needs to convey that it is geared towards the hardcore while not confusing kids and parents come next gen launch.

Nintendo Switch XL, just like the 3DS.

Rumors are currently pointing to Super Nintendo Switch, however, given that we now know that Nintendo intends to replace the OG switch with the revision, similar to the DS Lite -> DSi. A "Super" prefix would potentially connotate its place as a successor rather than a model revision, similar to the SNES, or otherwise imply that it is a more high-end model, which as Nintendo intends on having it be the new standard, would also be somewhat misleading. For those reasons, I'm currently leaning towards it being the "new" Nintendo Switch

I HOPE its called the super switch but my common sense tells me its going to be new nintendo switch lol

Nintendo SwitcherU