By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction Time! What will new Nintendo Switch be called?

What will the new Nintendo Switch be called?

New Nintendo Switch 15 30.00%

Nintendo Switch Pro 5 10.00%

Nintendo Switch 4K 0 0%

Super Nintendo Switch 21 42.00%

Other (answer in post below) 9 18.00%

Total:50

Super Switch U Deluxe

Around the Network

Switch Deluxe, plus or Switch Up!

Switch On!

New Super Nintendo Switch XL Pro Ultra 4K Up Deluxe 360 U +

Switch Plus or Switch XL

Around the Network

Super Switch

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Captain_Yuri said:

New Super Switch Pro U

That's hands down the best name!

Nintendo Switch Super, to make us forget about Nintendo Switch GT, but nowhere close to the greatness of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Z

I am going to guess Switch AI. If the DLSS rumors are true then Nintendo is going to want to showcase this the same way that they did for the 64 bit capabilities of the N64 in 1996. This time, though, DLSS is actually really novel and has the huge potential to elevate the gameplay experience as opposed to the N64's namesake which did nothing to improve gameplay (I still don't know what made that console 64 bits).

I could be wrong, but if Nintendo wants to jump back on the technical powerhouse horse, than I think we could see them actually want to showcase the technical power of their hardware through the name as opposed to trying to hide it as best they can like they did with the Wii and Wii U. That said, when Nintendo had something to brag about hardware-wise, they often did so with their naming: N64, DS, 3DS. I am guessing that the new Switch model will do something along these lines to showcase the technical advances of the revision.

Mar1217 said:

The ... Nintendo Switch.

Not even joking, I think they'll simply sell the new model in the same manner they replaced the OG Switch with the Tegra X1 chip by the model with the Marinko inside.
They'll announce it, yes. But don't expect any real fanfare about this whole thing.

Th internet blew it up again imo.

That one was mainly a die shrink going from 20nm to 16nm this one is supposed to have different features like oled lcd etc. I think they would give this a new name like they always do with significant changes. They did with Gameboy Advance SP and DS lite and DSi and DS XL and 3DS XL I don't see Nintendo keeping it the same even if if is adding a letter like Switch X.