By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction Time! What will new Nintendo Switch be called?

What will the new Nintendo Switch be called?

New Nintendo Switch 15 30.00%

Nintendo Switch Pro 5 10.00%

Nintendo Switch 4K 0 0%

Super Nintendo Switch 21 42.00%

Other (answer in post below) 9 18.00%

Total:50

I thought I would create a fun poll to see what everyone's thoughts are on which name Nintendo will go with for the next Switch revision. Seems like the announcement could be imminent! I picked what are the two most likely along with an Other/post below choice. I left out Switch 2 as a choice because I think we all in agreement that this won't be a "new" console; i.e. the number 2 implies the start of a new generation, where games could be exclusive to it. I don't think Nintendo is going to suddenly turn their backs on 85+ million current Switch owners, and that this will be no different than the PS4/PS4 Pro or Xbox One/Xbox One X relationships. 

Around the Network

New Super Switch Pro U

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintendo Switch Plus stylized NS+

Super Nintendo Switch

It will be some brand new name that has never been used before, because Nintendo is usually gives an original name to these mid-gen upgrades. It will most definitely not be called "Switch Pro", because they aren't going to copy a Sony name. Sony copies Nintendo, not the other way around.

Around the Network

Swiitch (with Wii games compatibility)
2witch
Super Switch
Switch U
Switchi
SwitchMii
Switchboy
Switch64
Switchhappens
The Switcher

$witch 4k super fun system yaya Go!

Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo will refer to it as "new Nintendo Switch" to emphasize that the machine is an update.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

ooh no here we go:

Switch Superior

awesome right?

It will be something not used by Nintendo before, or their big competitors. I'm not expecting New or Pro. I don't think Super would be good if this is only a mid-gen upgrade. Super would go back to the Super NES, which was a successor to the NES. If Nintendo uses Super again for a console, it should be for a Switch 2.

I think it's going to be
Nintendo Switch Plus
or
Nintendo Switch Deluxe

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima