By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish HW Sales Q1 2021

Switch has been the best-selling console in the first quarter of 2021, with more than 70,000 units, but with very little difference compared to the second, PS5.

January

In January, the best-selling console was Nintendo Switch, with a lot of difference compared to its competitors, especially for the first week of the year, during the Three Kings holiday, with sales of almost 20000 consoles, and with a huge lack of consoles new generation, which elevated the Nintendo console as the best-seller in the first month of 2021.

1. Switch: 33600 units
  2. PS5: 8960 units
  3. PS4: 8450 units
  4. Xbox Series X / S: 2615 units
  5. Xbox One: 540 units

February

In the second month of the year we already see the trend of change of the best-selling console in Spain, but not because the Nintendo console suffered in sales, but because of the PS5 sotck Sony was able to send to Spain. We can also see the few units that Microsoft has replaced on the market during these first two months of the year.

1. PS5: 29760 units
  2. Switch: 18700 units
  3. PS4: 4950 units
  4. Xbox Series: 3800 units
  5. Xbox One: 475 units

March

The trend that we already saw in February is consolidated, with some weeks of strong sales of PlayStation 5. The lack of Microsoft consoles is worrying (especially in Series X)

1. PS5: 28350 units
  2. Switch: 18550 units
  3. PS4: 4200 units
  4. Xbox Series X / S: 4000 units
  5. Xbox One: 445 units

These are the total sales of consoles between the months of January and March 2021 in Spain:

1. Switch: 70850 units (83000 units Q1 2020)
  2. PS5: 67070 units
  3. PS4: 17600 units
  4. Xbox Series X / S: 10415 units
  5. Xbox One: 1460 units

Source: Vandal

Last edited by polofresco - on 19 April 2021

Around the Network

So in Q2 PS5 will most likely be the best selling console unless they experience extreme shortages.

I think the race between Switch and PS5 for the whole year could be interesting in Spain. PS5 should take the lead very soon, but the possibility of a new Switch model later in the year along with the fact that Nintendo consoles usually get the biggest holiday boosts means that the race will by no means be over by then.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Spain is a decent sized market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Switch with those shortages... no way January would have been bigger than march otherwise.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Spain is a decent sized market.

5th in Europe, and 10th globally.

PlayStation does very well in Europe, and Spain should certainly impact PS5 hardware and software.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Ryng said:

Switch with those shortages... no way January would have been bigger than march otherwise.

No Switch shortages in spain. The reason January is bigger is because in Spain the Traditional gift giving day is in January and not December 25

GProgrammer said:
Ryng said:

No Switch shortages in spain. The reason January is bigger is because in Spain the Traditional gift giving day is in January and not December 25

switch lite being in stock doesn't mean normal switches are widely available

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS5 has the advantage of being still on its "launch phase" due to its shortages, we'll have to wait and see what its real baseline is compared to Switch, but I'll be very surprised if PS5 doesn't outsell everything else by at least a margin of 2x by the end of the year.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.