By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pictures of your town

Post here pictures from the town where you live, or some tourist spots near you. It can be from Google, like I did.

Here are some pictures from my town. It's not the most interesting place in the world, but I really enjoy living here:

This place is located at the most popular square in my town. The church can be seem at the background.

This is the theatre. In the past it used to be part of a train station. Now it works as a museum and a municipal theatre. Lots of history in this place.

This is the most popular lake in my town. You can spend a day with your family there, but it's closed due to the pandemic.

Cordeiropolis viewed from above.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 09 April 2021

Around the Network

I moved here recently, so I can't wait to explore it myself.

Utsunomiya station view.

Horror movie gyoza human statue. Utsunomiya is known as the city of gyoza.

Utsunomiya castle ruins park.

A daibutsu.

Much more to see, and in the surrounding areas.

Genova.

This is Boccadasse, in the past a fishermen village outside of the town, now an exclusive neighbourhood

The "Lanterna", the main lighthouse, first built in XII century and rebuilt in XVI century:

St.Lawrence cathedral (built from XI to XIV century)

A part of Quarto dei Mille, my neighbourhood (my house is not visible, it's somewhere behind the squared buildings in the background, the children hospital):

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Zuerich. It's small and people tend to take themselves too seriously, but i really appreciate living here.

https://www.myswitzerland.com/-/media/st/gadmin/images/landscapes/summer/mountains/sth7602_uetliberg_110682.jpg?mw=%7Bw%7D&mh=%7Bh%7D" width="779" height="519">

I live near Ghent, which has quite a lot of beautiful spots (also a fair amount of ugly ones, but let's ignore those :p).

I don't actually live in the city itself though, so I'll put some of my own pictures of my village (which could be called either suburban or countryside, depending on how you define it) in a next post.

Around the Network

So I've included a few slots of sooner of the landmarks per things which represent Leicester. Leicester has two parts, the city and the county. I'm from the city so I've only got pictures of the city. Leicester is one of the only cities in the country where the minority groups outnumber the majority.

Leicester is celebrated for sure to it's diversity in faith and cultures, and this means lots of food from different parts of the world everyone gets to enjoy.

This is leicester cathedral and diocese where Richard the 3rd was reburied.

This is Watermede park where you have lots of little hidden streams and waterfalls and I used to go on little adventures with my friends way back when finding new hidden spots.

This is our national space park. Looks like a giant condition and it has special Star wars days.

Leicester city football club. I think most people know this after there under dog victory.

A Hindu temple, made famous as they had parts imported and it's one of the only temples outside of India to host a lot of of this art work and one of the biggest outside of India.

Leicester Caribbean carnival. Everyone has heard of Nottinghill but Leicester has had its own for decades which then end at Victoria park (another stunning park) where there is a huge party and lots of food and Mary Jane.

Leicester Central Mosque. One of the biggest mosques in the city. Hosts a lot of tours and it's right near the train station so a lot of people see it 

The cities biggest park, Abbey Park. Has its own zoo, cafe, Roman ruins I think, play area, paddle boats, Chinese garden which is stunning with its own koi pond and hosts variety of events across the year.

The Golden Mile. A street packed with Asian clothes shops, Asian jewelers, and Asian hardware, restaurant and takeaway shops. It hosts the biggest Diwali celebrations in the world outside of India.

Shopping at the High road shopping centre that has food courts, a state of the art cinema, designer and high Street clothing stores, mini golf, soon a kitty cafe, adventure climbing thing and other stores.

Clock tower in our city centre where they have a giant Christmas tree.

Birds eye view. The city status of very congested but gets greener as you go out. Where I live in around the corner from farms and fields. Lots of lakes nearby too.

Here is my change to try to prove that my city isn't as dirty as it actually is in real life but I don't want to admit!

I live in Natal, Brazil. My city's name literally means "Christmas" in portuguese. So yeah, I live in the city of Christmas. The beaches are a huge part of the tourism for the city, and it is really great on that department.

Like I said, the city's name means "Christmas" in portuguese, so christmas is obviously a big deal over here:

Some more random images, because why not:

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I live in a fairly big and famous city (New York), but just posting the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty feels kind of like cheating. So instead, here are some pictures of the neighborhoods where I live and sometimes frequent, a few miles away from Manhattan.

This is a park a few blocks from my old apartment. Parks of various sizes cover a fair amount of the land around here (NYC as a whole is about 10% parkland). This one in particular is called "Doughboy Park," in honor of local soldiers who fought and died in the Great War. There's a monument behind the photographer, but this picture does a better job of showing what more of the park is actually like.

This is a typical "subway" station in Queens country. Note that outside of Manhattan, much of the subway system is actually above ground, typically in railroads elevated above the ground, literally running above the streets. This is part of the "7" line, which connects the far northeast parts of New York City to the middle of Manhattan. During a typical subway trip, you will see a gradual shift in who is riding, with much of the city's Chinese population living in the east, more kids in the center of the route travelling to school, and more professionals riding the line between their Manhattan jobs and Queens residences.

This is a section of the so-called "Cavalry" cemetery, named after the "Mount Cavalry" where some believe Jesus was crucified. With around 3 million burials across an area of 1.4 square km, it has the most residents of any cemetery in the country. The existence of such cemetaries inside of New York City surprises some people who expect it to all be overcrowded towers, but this is just one of several major cemetaries in the Borough of Queens.

This is a section of Roosevelt Avenue. Though a few highways run through this area, Roosevelt Avenue is one of the what can be considered several "main streets" that people can actually walk around. Note the road sign that says "Little Manila Avenue." That's just a mock up, but a good section of Woodside is called Little Manila due to a significant Filipino population. In total, Whites are about 20% of the population, Hispanics are 35%, and Asians are 40%, with groups like Blacks and American Aborigines being less than 5%

This is one of the buildings that shows the area's ethnically complicated history. As late as the 1930's, the neighborhood was 80%+ of Irish descent, and some of the stores and eateries in the area still reflect that. This place dates back to the 1960's.

Another symbol of Woodside's past is the humble bodega. These little shops are a mishmash of convenience stores, groceries, and delis. Historically, bodegas were founded by Hispanics in Hispanic-heavy neighborhoods, and would serve as de facto community centers where people would get together, talk, eat lunch together outside on the bench, pull out a chess board and play for a while, etc. Nowadays, they serve a different yet related role, as being a place where people from different backgrounds and walks of life run into each other and, if not bond, at least get a better understanding of their often very different neighbors.

Love and tolerate.

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. It's a cute small American city situated at the base of the Rocky Mountains. It was also one of Walt Disney's inspirations for Disney Land.

I think we have the most trees per person in the USA, I'm not quite sure on this statistic though.

Old town has a lot of festivals and more importantly Farmer's Markets. The surrounding area of the city is very agricultural.

Ka-pi96 said:

Here's Kashiwa

When did you escape to Japan?

EDIT: Right so, I live in Nottingham, honestly, while living there don't really think of it as my 'town'. I'm from a small village in the middle of Kent but my home town is Faversham. Homeplace of Shephard Neame.

It's church is bigger than Nottingham's Cathedral:

Last edited by The Fury - on 07 April 2021

Hmm, pie.