Forums - General Discussion - Pictures of your town

I'm from Calgary. Not the most wow wow place but here:

Very of the skyline in 2021

Older photo, but this is the saddledome where the Calgary Flames play

Beautiful overpriced bridge for when our city wasn't broke lol

New library in downtown 

Canada Olympic Park

Calgary Stampede

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I live in Paris, but hardly anyone speaks French here. Paris, Ontario, Canada

It's not too late yet for snow pictures :) Down town

Dam on the Grand River (just there from when the train bridge was build)

Down town from the Grand River side

View from one of old railway trails

Bean Park near where I live

Part of the trail where I go jogging along the Nith river

Fei-Hung said:
Eagle367 said:

The valley of fruits, Quetta. It's had a lot of problems with unplanned mass immigration of refugees that destroyed all the systems that run the city due to a sudden influx of millions of people and being close to the Afghan border, a lot of terrorism as well. But it's getting back on the right track, even if there's too much traffic. I love this city with all my heart and I've spent most of my life here from the moment I was born until I left for university. Still feel at peace only in a few cities and this is at the top of that list.

Holy shit, this place looks magical. After watching Mark Wien's go to Balochistan I wanna go there and eat all the food too. 

I have relatives in Pakistan, but doing an all round trip would be amazing and travelling to Balochistan. Ko

Glad I could spread the word about my city. We've had been at our lowest point in 2013 but back in my parent's day, it was a popular tourist spot for British, Russian and chinese people.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Great thread
I also like to take pictures, so I might post them later

Around the Network

I live in a small town called Steinheim, which means home of the stones. It is located inside a meteor crater, which sounds cool, but due to being inside a creater the weather effects cause a very dense fog every day in the early morning, so sometimes when I'm driving to work it feels like I'm driving through Silent Hill instead. But it's a very lovely place and I like it a lot. Here's the best picture I could find.

After having lived five years in a medium-sized, but quite beautiful, interesting and cultural city, and other five years in the capital and cultural center of my country, I find myself living in a place where one of the most interesting and beautiful spots that you can find is this:

So basically a shithole compared with the wonders that some of you were sharing.

[Edit] In spite of that, this little tower is kind of a special place for me.

Last edited by Verter - on 08 July 2021

I'm mostly a lurker now.