By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Scalpers reckon you'll pay $2600 for Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Oh, so thats who you hate. I hate terrorists who kill innocent people.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
KLXVER said:

Oh, so thats who you hate. I hate terrorists who kill innocent people.

Well, I'm having trouble on Ebay for certain game "Panzer Dragoon Saga" , I want it so bad but It's futile, I'm not spending 1k for a single game . And they still have the PS5 at 700+ but in auctions, The buy now peeps won't budge still 1k + and there are people who still don't know how to buy from an auction in ebay . Or purchase anything on amazon with insane prices that amazon never adds an auction like ebay.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a very rare and sought after game. The people selling it are not jacking up the price. That is what the game goes for. 

Sorry for being a bit of a jerk, but Im tired of people complaining about scalpers. Scalpers wouldnt do it if idiots didnt keep buying useless shit for a large amount of money. Who is the worst? The guy selling a PS5 for 1500 bucks or the guy buying it for 1500 bucks?

dx11332sega said:
KLXVER said:

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a very rare and sought after game. The people selling it are not jacking up the price. That is what the game goes for. 

Sorry for being a bit of a jerk, but Im tired of people complaining about scalpers. Scalpers wouldnt do it if idiots didnt keep buying useless shit for a large amount of money. Who is the worst? The guy selling a PS5 for 1500 bucks or the guy buying it for 1500 bucks?

IDK? Who should be blamed? Or have the worst ? But, I'd go with scalpers , The buyer can be an uneducated mom trying to buy his son a PS5? I've seen Xbox One X sell for 600 dollars in 2021 , doing their "hook line and sinker" "mumurs sucker. And in his description say's "No returns" which I find in Facebook stores.Not all are easily tricked? It's usually Parent's and those who don't research in Price charting , That impulse buy.

If you can just impulse buy something at 1500 bucks, I dont think youre much of a victim of anything. Its not really difficult to find out what something is worth. They could start by asking their kid how much it costs. Then search online. Its not like information is difficult to find these days.

I mean whats another option here? Make it illegal to sell your stuff for anything above a set price?

dx11332sega said:
KLXVER said:

If you can just impulse buy something at 1500 bucks, I dont think youre much of a victim of anything. Its not really difficult to find out what something is worth. They could start by asking their kid how much it costs. Then search online. Its not like information is difficult to find these days.

I mean whats another option here? Make it illegal to sell your stuff for anything above a set price?

Or maybe the kid might be a toddler? When I was 6 years old I didn't know how to read. I also wasn't good at counting money. There's also kids who just want the console now because next month it's their birthday? And omit research . I'm guessing the target is high middle class moms with kids that don't care about money? few other by different means?

So who exactly are we trying to protect here? People who just throw money at their problems? Its thanks to them regular gamers cant get a PS5.

dx11332sega said:
KLXVER said:

So who exactly are we trying to protect here? People who just throw money at their problems? Its thanks to them regular gamers cant get a PS5.

I don't think it was this bad in PS360 era ? IDK? how things gotten like this? I'm just confused as rest of the world how it has come to this? But, I expect auctions for PS5 to lower more in few months. Hopefully earlier?

Yeah, Sony will release more consoles and this will be a thing of the past...until the next gen of course.

Around the Network

Ha. I still have my sealed copy. I knew I was sitting on a gold mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Meh. This is just a clickbait article.

There are some people on ebay who will always stupidly overprice things in a stupid get rich scheme. But, if you look at what prices people are actually paying in auctions that ended recently on eBay, they sold for somewhere between 40-60 bucks. Generally people are taking a loss on selling this. You can still buy this on Amazon, Target, Gamestop, Best Buy etc for 60 bucks. If the scalpers had two brain cells to rub together, they'd realize that Nintendo didn't go out and destroy every copy sitting on store shelves, and they should at least wait until they sell through those.

It's basic common sense. 3D All Stars was a "limited edition" but it wasn't hard to get. Who are these people who are big enough fans that they would pay thousands of dollars for this but didn't just buy it when it was available? And even if you buy the Switch a year from now, there's enough used copies in circulation, that you're going to be fine. Maybe somewhere down the line there'll be a collector who just needs to have a sealed copy of 3D All Stars for their collection, but since tons of people bought this game to resell it, it's actually probably going to be less valuable than most Switch games.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if cashed out your 401K and decided to use copies of Mario 3D All Stars as your investment vehicle, your golden years are going to be pretty rough.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 06 April 2021

JWeinCom said:

There are some people on ebay who will always stupidly overprice things in a stupid get rich scheme. But, if you look at what prices people are actually paying in auctions that ended recently on eBay, they sold for somewhere between 40-60 bucks. Generally people are taking a loss on selling this. You can still buy this on Amazon, Target, Gamestop, Best Buy etc for 60 bucks. If the scalpers had two brain cells to rub together, they'd realize that Nintendo didn't go out and destroy every copy sitting on store shelves, and they should at least wait until they sell through those.

It's basic common sense. 3D All Stars was a "limited edition" but it wasn't hard to get. Who are these people who are big enough fans that they would pay thousands of dollars for this but didn't just buy it when it was available? And even if you buy the Switch a year from now, there's enough used copies in circulation, that you're going to be fine. Maybe somewhere down the line there'll be a collector who just needs to have a sealed copy of 3D All Stars for their collection, but since tons of people bought this game to resell it, it's actually probably going to be less valuable than most Switch games.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you invested your retirement account in Mario All Stars, you probably invested poorly.

That's True, you still can get used copies from 40 to 60 and New ones from 50+ to 60+.

...And about the past comments, both are the problem, scalpers and stupid people that throw money for overpriced articles.

Right now the high priced copies are just people losing their time and getting more atention that what it should be.

eddy7eddy said:
JWeinCom said:

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if you invested your retirement account in Mario All Stars, you probably invested poorly.

That's True, you still can get used copies from 40 to 60 and New ones from 50+ to 60+.

...And about the past comments, both are the problem, scalpers and stupid people that throw money for overpriced articles.

Right now the high priced copies are just people losing their time and getting more atention that what it should be.

I'm generally not too concerned about scalpers particularly when it's a a purely luxury item. If someone really needs a sealed copy of Mario 3D all stars and the market determines that's a fair price, then whatever.

If it's something where there's legitimate scarcity like the PS5, that's far more annoying, but still ultimately that's a problem for the industry to resolve. Unless we're talking about things like food, water, and medicine, it's not a major concern to me.

mZuzek said:

They reckon wrong, then. I didn't pay $60 for it and I'm not gonna be paying $2600 either.

Seriously though, dick move by Nintendo. Not too unlike them.

Eh... there's no reason not to keep it available, but history shows that this was more than anything else a ploy to make people think the game was more desirable than it is. The same thing happened with Mario All-Stars on the Wii. Where I worked at the time people were like OMGZ IT'S LIMITED I NEED IT NOW, but ultimately we had more than enough for anyone who wanted it. I didn't buy it, and later regretted it since it was selling for like 100 on ebay for a few months after release. But, after a little bit people realized how many there were floating around, and we had used copies on our shelves for like 30 bucks.

Ultimately, pretty much anyone who really wanted to buy Super Mario 3D All Stars for 60 bucks will have that opportunity. If Nintendo really thought that this decision would lead to less people being able to buy the game, they wouldn't have done it. 

I think more than anyone else, Nintendo fleeced people who are buying it to resell because they think it's going to be some crazy collectors item.